Conceal Carry Security Drawer for handguns, ipods, cell phones, etc. - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Conceal Carry Security Drawer for handguns, ipods, cell phones, etc.

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 04-07-2010, 10:40 AM   #76
tuffy2
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
I have eight Tuffy products in and on my Jeep and I agree - they are very well-designed and well-built. The people over at Tuffy are really nice but my only complaint is the key/matching lock issue.

I had to order 7 additional sets of locks and keys to have them keyed alike. Then I had to sell the brand new lock & key sets that I didn't need. It's a waste of time and money. There has to be a better way. I feel like if I'm spending all that coin on their products, I shouldn't have to buy 7 additional sets of locks so they all match and have to deal with spare locks and keys. They should sell the boxes without locks and sell the locks separately. That way, if we order multiple products, we can buy however many matching lock sets. And if we buy other products later, we can still order key/lock sets to match.
CopperCJ7,
First off, thanks for being such a supportive customer. Eight Tuffy products on one Jeep is awesome!!

Funny you should bring up the matching lock conundrum because we are currently relooking at that. It is really difficult to sell the products without locks and then have the customer buy locks because our dealer base has resisted this as it causes extra difficulty in their operations. Over the years we have tried different variations to make keying products alike easier. Our current system of having matching locks available for purchase is a step ahead of most of our competitors but admittedly still not ideal. We are probably going to go to a system where matching locksets can be purchased for install by the customer or we will actually change out the lockset at the factory for a nominal charge. This will prevent the customer from ending up with extra locks that they have no use for. Thanks for your comments.

tuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #77
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffy2 View Post
CopperCJ7,
First off, thanks for being such a supportive customer. Eight Tuffy products on one Jeep is awesome!!
I love your products. I have the trunk, center console, glove box, (2) wheel well speaker boxes, (2) door locks and overhead console (yet to be installed) in/on my CJ.

About the keys/lock sets, maybe you could consider a buy-back program so that we're not stuck with spare sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #78
X-caiver
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
All of the Tuffy products are designed and manufactured at our facility in Cortez, Colorado USA.
Now there is something I can support! Bestop started in the US and continues to have facilities here, but also outsources some manufacturing to Mexico and China.

Order placed
Unread 04-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #79
tuffy2
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-caiver View Post
Now there is something I can support! Bestop started in the US and continues to have facilities here, but also outsources some manufacturing to Mexico and China.

Order placed
Thanks!! Sometimes it is hard to compete with foreign made products on price but Tuffy continues to make all of our products in the USA because we feel it is the best way to assure the quality and security standards that we demand.
Unread 04-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #80
broylz
1971 CJ5 

"Made in the USA" seems to be almost forgotten. good to keep things in house
broylz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2010, 07:45 PM   #81
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffy2
CopperCJ7,

Funny you should bring up the matching lock conundrum because we are currently relooking at that. It is really difficult to sell the products without locks and then have the customer buy locks because our dealer base has resisted this as it causes extra difficulty in their operations. Over the years we have tried different variations to make keying products alike easier. Our current system of having matching locks available for purchase is a step ahead of most of our competitors but admittedly still not ideal. We are probably going to go to a system where matching locksets can be purchased for install by the customer or we will actually change out the lockset at the factory for a nominal charge. This will prevent the customer from ending up with extra locks that they have no use for. Thanks for your comments.
Personally... I have no problems with your current system. You can't expect vendors to be able to key the locks to match, and in my experience you guys ship out the matching locks quickly, and for a VERY reasonable price in my opinion. Even if other vendors made key matched locks available, I'd expect them to charge much more than you do.

In my case, I bought the wheel-well side boxes first. Then I just ordered matching locks for the cargo drawer and glove-box when I added those.

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #82
AppFan
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Will have to check dimensions and see if this one will work. Other models are on the way for the TJ and some trucks so will have to measure up an XJ.
Any word on when this will be available for a TJ?
AppFan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #83
tuffy2
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-b View Post
Any word on when this will be available for a TJ?
No exact date yet, but when I left for Overland Expo there was a cardboard model on the product designers desk. Should be soon!
Unread 04-14-2010, 11:24 PM   #84
georgia4x4in
1996 XJ Cherokee 

any news on a YJ box?
georgia4x4in is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2010, 12:25 AM   #85
broylz
1971 CJ5 

can we fit one under an XJ seat?
broylz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2010, 03:42 PM   #86
bstew417
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Which would be more secure for phone, wallet, ipod, and sunglasses, this under seat drawer or a tuffy glovebox?
bstew417 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2010, 05:13 PM   #87
X-caiver
2010 JK Wrangler 

Check out the last few pictures on my install: X-caiver's Blog: Tuffy under-seat JK security drawer

This drawer is pretty much not visible. If someone doesn't know something is there, they are less likely to try and steal it
Unread 04-21-2010, 01:21 AM   #88
GREASEMONKEY
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstew417 View Post
Which would be more secure for phone, wallet, ipod, and sunglasses, this under seat drawer or a tuffy glovebox?
I can answer that!
I have a good friend that has the tuffy console & glove box. His jeep was vandalized recently, and the glove box did get opened, but the console stayed secure. (good thing, that's where his gun was) There's no fault in the tuffy design of the glove box vault, it's the design of the TJ dash that makes it easy to open for a determined theif. They ripped off the speaker grille, and used the tire iron under the seat to pry it open from behind. We repaired it, and there's now a 1/4" peice of steel plate stopping this from ever happening again.

:BTW: The cops caught the theif, and he toted a good *** beating for the damages done to my buddy's jeep. (he's a cop too)
This guy busted up the dash getting th eglove box open, ripped the CD player out, cut the seats, cut the top, busted the windshield, and slashed all 5 tires. This was all cause he got mad because he couldn't get the console open.

Great products guys, and I'm waiting on that drawer for a TJ!
My Ammo Can Console
------------------------------------------------------
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
GREASEMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2010, 01:49 AM   #89
Kramer H
Built and Supercharged 47

2001 WJ 

Quote:
will have to have our design guys take a look at that. I have a 2000 WJ and don't remember there being much room under the rear seat but take a look.
you have a for sure buyer here if you can get one to fit under the WJ rear seat. anything to keep my .40 safe.
K8 GSXR 1000- Racefit,Comp Werks,Puig,Woodcraft,B2 Industries,55W HID'S, R&G Engineering, Two brothers, ASV, DDM, "The pantie dropper"
Kramer H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2010, 05:52 AM   #90
hotelconucc93

2010 YJ Wrangler 

Cortez....the land time forgot! Was XO of a unit that had a detachment of Engineers out there.

YJ BOX PLEASE! All Ready to Order!!!!!!

My Build Thread --->>> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/t...ilding-869713/

Not my write up, but now one of my jeeps losing a BA and gaining an AX-> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f19/y...ite-up-312203/
hotelconucc93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.