Conceal Carry Security Drawer for handguns, ipods, cell phones, etc. - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Conceal Carry Security Drawer for handguns, ipods, cell phones, etc.

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 03-30-2010, 01:58 PM   #61
georgia4x4in
1996 XJ Cherokee 

definitely interested in one for a yj

georgia4x4in is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2010, 01:32 AM   #62
TheDragonfly
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Another idea for a small secure drawer or pull down for pistol, ipods, cell phones, etc.....you should try making something to replace the panel around the steering wheel area for the tj. I had mine off this weekend and theres actually alot of room behind there. You could have lockable drawer or pulldown deep enough to fit a full length pistol on the right side, enough space on the left side for a smaller drawer or just a cubby hole. Oh and a bunch of switches above that! It would look great next to the glove box you make, and be easy access from the drivers seat without having to bend down.
TheDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2010, 01:51 AM   #63
GREASEMONKEY
2003 TJ Wrangler 

PM me a price when the TJ model is ready!
My Ammo Can Console
------------------------------------------------------
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
GREASEMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2010, 08:48 PM   #64
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Put me down for the TJ version as well! It will go great with my Tuffy glovebox, rear cargo drawer, and wheel-well boxes.

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #65
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonfly View Post
Another idea for a small secure drawer or pull down for pistol, ipods, cell phones, etc.....you should try making something to replace the panel around the steering wheel area for the tj. I had mine off this weekend and theres actually alot of room behind there. You could have lockable drawer or pulldown deep enough to fit a full length pistol on the right side, enough space on the left side for a smaller drawer or just a cubby hole. Oh and a bunch of switches above that! It would look great next to the glove box you make, and be easy access from the drivers seat without having to bend down.
Not so much of a bad idea for Tuffy to look into in the future when they have time (and the energy!).

Last edited by VanBCguy; 04-02-2010 at 05:27 AM..
VanBCguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #66
czjeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I will buy one NOW for a YJ!
Armed Forces Jeeps Member #125
Red Jeep Club Member #251

In the Portland/Vancouver area? Check 'em out! Piston's Wild Motorsports Club

Click here for 2.5L AX5 to AX15 swap
czjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2010, 01:29 AM   #67
jdizzle2004
2004 WJ 

+1 on the LJ
jdizzle2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2010, 07:39 AM   #68
AppFan
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yet another "my wallet is ready when the TJ version is" reply.
AppFan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2010, 08:42 AM   #69
YJake
1991 YJ Wrangler 

YJ one would be amazing!

Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan16 View Post
The 4banger only whines because it wants more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2010, 12:31 AM   #70
X-caiver
2010 JK Wrangler 

Since I never post on this forum I don't want to come off as a troublemaker but...

What's the difference between this and the seemingly identical Bestop underseat storage drawer that is half the price? Bestop 42640-01 - Bestop® Locking Under Seat Storage Box in Textured Black Powder Coat for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Unread 04-07-2010, 01:42 AM   #71
provinT13
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'd like to see one for a YJ

94 YJ Build

99 TJ Build
provinT13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2010, 01:53 AM   #72
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-caiver View Post

What's the difference between this and the seemingly identical Bestop underseat storage drawer that is half the price?
From the looks of it, the lock on the Tuffy is more substantial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2010, 02:02 AM   #73
Mediarocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
From the looks of it, the lock on the Tuffy is more substantial.
Tuffy is notably the preferred security product in Jeep catalogs, while I cannot speak for their quality, for I do not own any tuffy stuff as of yet, I can say they are well planned and seem like they could take a beating, They also feature tougher locks which resist being pried, twisted and drilled. If I had to chose a product to protect my valuables (or concealed carry) I would choose Tuffy.

Currently Jeepless against my own will.

Last edited by Mediarocker; 04-07-2010 at 02:12 AM..
Mediarocker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2010, 02:16 AM   #74
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediarocker View Post
Tuffy is notably the preferred security product in Jeep catalogs, while I cannot speak for their quality, for I do not own any tuffy stuff as of yet, I can say they are well planned and seem like they could take a beating. If I had to chose a product to protect my valuables (or concealed carry) I would choose Tuffy.
I have eight Tuffy products in and on my Jeep and I agree - they are very well-designed and well-built. The people over at Tuffy are really nice but my only complaint is the key/matching lock issue.

I had to order 7 additional sets of locks and keys to have them keyed alike. Then I had to sell the brand new lock & key sets that I didn't need. It's a waste of time and money. There has to be a better way. I feel like if I'm spending all that coin on their products, I shouldn't have to buy 7 additional sets of locks so they all match and have to deal with spare locks and keys. They should sell the boxes without locks and sell the locks separately. That way, if we order multiple products, we can buy however many matching lock sets. And if we buy other products later, we can still order key/lock sets to match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2010, 10:33 AM   #75
tuffy2
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-caiver View Post
Since I never post on this forum I don't want to come off as a troublemaker but...

What's the difference between this and the seemingly identical Bestop underseat storage drawer that is half the price? Bestop 42640-01 - Bestop® Locking Under Seat Storage Box in Textured Black Powder Coat for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

I have not seen this version in person as I do not think it is currently available. Based on the advertising material it looks like the Tuffy Conceal Carry Drawer is about 1/3 larger due to the way we formed the bottom of the drawer to maximize the available storage space. The Tuffy drawer also uses a 10 tumbler double bitted lock in the Pry-Guard Locking system, is tab welded for strength and security, and includes extra hardware for additional security in the mounting process. All of the Tuffy products are designed and manufactured at our facility in Cortez, Colorado USA.
tuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.