Conceal Carry Security Drawer for handguns, ipods, cell phones, etc. - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Conceal Carry Security Drawer for handguns, ipods, cell phones, etc.

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #196
Manateu
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deron1 View Post
I am looking for the same answer about installing a non-flip seat version into an LJ with flip seat and 1-1/2" seat risers. Wish somebody would try it and post the answer for us.

Guess I might have to try it. Will post if I decide to bite the bullet.
PM sent

The flip version fit on my 04 LJ passenger side flip seat with or without risers. I did put 1-1/4" riser which gives you a little space between the bottom of the drawer and the tube for maps or other stuff. The non-flip version drawer would not fit with my risers because there are two cross bars that appear to be lower than the necessary spacing for the non-flip drawer. For reference, my compact Glock 23 fits perfectly. It would be to short for a full size duty Glock or similar weapon.

Obviously, the designers at Tuffy have done a great job making use of an otherwise useless space. It may be that some flip seats have different designs, but the flip seat drawer worked just fine on my LJ's passenger seat. That may be why they have to declare the product as a "driver side" drawer. I will be adding another drawer to the driver side and getting a uniform set of locks.

Thanks Tuffy!

Unread 02-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #197
JWitt333
1999 TJ Wrangler 

just ordered one

'99 Gunmetal TJ
Blue Jeep Club Member #256
4" RC X-Series, 1in BL
Rokmen Armor
KC Day Lighters, 33 BFG M/T
with more to come
OlllllllO
JWitt333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 04:32 AM   #198
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffy2 View Post
Just checked my 2000 WJ and there is no chance of fitting a drawer under there. Unfortunately, there is only a couple of inches.

Did you check the drivers or the passenger side...
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 12:54 PM   #199
J33Ptj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I just installed on my 2005 TJ; install was a breeze (about 15 minutes). The only issue I am having is that the drawer resists quite a bit (almost ripped the finger pull off when opening) when I am closing and opening it within about 4 inches of the enclosure. My assumption is that it is dragging on the carpeting quite a bit. Anyone else have this problem?
J33Ptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #200
MPTJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

248 - TUFFY TJ & LJ CONCEAL CARRY SECURITY DRAWER (No Flip Seat ) Found this one for the TJ. I have already ordered on and this one is specific to the TJ. I have a 2004 TJ. Once I get it mounted, I will post pics.
MPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #201
RUBIJ0E
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So whats with the flip seat one being half as much space at the same price?
RUBIJ0E is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #202
peck12

Just installed mine (flip seat version) on my TJ. Super simple install, just make sure to take out the carpet button or else it won't go in smooth.

I saw a few people line theirs with carpet. I went ahead and lined mine with a sport mat (think yoga mat). You lose a little more space but it's nice that it's padded and a non slip surface. I really just wanna put my phone, wallet, and faceplate in mine so I wasn't too worried about the space.

peck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #203
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPTJ View Post
Once I get it mounted, I will post pics.
Well, Did you ever take any photos? I've been waiting for almost 3 years
Unread 12-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #204
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

anybody got more pictures of the flip-seat version mounted on an 03-06 TJ/LJ? interested to see the fitment when the seat is forward, both slide forward for a short driver, and flipped forward to the steering wheel.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.