All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Free Shipping! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Free Shipping!

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #76
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Bump; these are great shocks.

2003X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #77
weebejeepin
1978 CJ5 

The front shocks are on back order for 3-5 wks per Bilstein. ;(. Kolak gave me Bilstein number and they said they are waiting on a part so the shocks can be built (4" short arm lift). Anyway it will be 2 months by the time I get these shocks since I ordered. I just want to upgrade my front shocks to either 5125's or 5150's. Please get back with me, I e-mailed you my phone # yesterday and today. Thanks Kelcey.
weebejeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #78
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebejeepin
The front shocks are on back order for 3-5 wks per Bilstein. ;(. Kolak gave me Bilstein number and they said they are waiting on a part so the shocks can be built (4" short arm lift). Anyway it will be 2 months by the time I get these shocks since I ordered. I just want to upgrade my front shocks to either 5125's or 5150's. Please get back with me, I e-mailed you my phone # yesterday and today. Thanks Kelcey.
I ordered the long arm shocks, so all four came at once.
Unread 04-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #79
snodevil11
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebejeepin View Post
I hope that's not the same case with the 3" versions I'm waiting on. I had hoped to have my lift already installed by now. I recieved the rears, but still no fronts yet. I really don't want to wait another month. It will have been a month since I ordered at the end of this week.
snodevil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #80
weebejeepin
1978 CJ5 

Yours is probably the same. I also just received the rear shocks at this time. I think it has to do with the stock bar pin style shock would be my guess. Here is the number for Bilstein in CA 1-858-386-5900. If you have your part number just ask them if they are on back order. I am trying to swap from the bar pin style to the eye let style with bar pin eliminators to help with the process. I am going to Jeep beach this weekend and needed new shocks. I had ordered in plenty time for that. My old front bushings were crumbling/missing so I didn't want to buy new bushings if I had new shocks on the way. I had to get bushings yesterday, installed on old shocks just so the wife could drive her Jeep to Jeep beach. I drive my CJ .
Unread 04-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #81
weebejeepin
1978 CJ5 

Maybe if I told the wife I need a long arm kit so I can get my shocks hmmm. She might say OK, due to the fact she doesn't know what one is in the first place lol.
Unread 04-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #82
oldjeepguy1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Okay, so I'm sure I'll get abused for asking this question, but how can I tell if the 2005 Wrangler X lifted Jeep I purchased for my daughter has short arms or a long arm kit installed? It appears to be lifted approx. 4"... The center to center length on the shocks while the jeep is sitting level is 19.5".

I too, tried to order a matched set of 5100's, F4-BE5-6241-H5 front and 6242's for the rear, and was told that the fronts are on indefinate back order... What are my alternatives???
oldjeepguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #83
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjeepguy1
Okay, so I'm sure I'll get abused for asking this question, but how can I tell if the 2005 Wrangler X lifted Jeep I purchased for my daughter has short arms or a long arm kit installed? It appears to be lifted approx. 4"... The center to center length on the shocks while the jeep is sitting level is 19.5".

I too, tried to order a matched set of 5100's, F4-BE5-6241-H5 front and 6242's for the rear, and was told that the fronts are on indefinate back order... What are my alternatives???
Go to my build thread, link below, 1st page pics show my long arm.
Unread 04-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #84
weebejeepin
1978 CJ5 

Well, you could go with a 5150 Bilstein , but they don't have the bar pin at the top of the shock. They have a round end (or closed end style) mount. You would then need Bar pin eliminators to adapt the shocks to your Jeep. The good thing is the bar pins keep your shocks seated firmily on the shock bushing so the shock doesn't move and rattle around like it can with the bar pin style.
Unread 04-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #85
oldjeepguy1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003X View Post
Go to my build thread, link below, 1st page pics show my long arm.
Thanks for the help! If I look at your picture IMG_0613.jpg (4 of 6), I am assuming the long arms are the bars that extend back from the front tire to the frame with the visible shackles bolting them on, correct?

Oh, and is your jeep ever cool! You must be so happy with how it turned out! It looks like a monster!

Thanks again for your help!
oldjeepguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #86
weebejeepin
1978 CJ5 

I know I am starting to get impatient, but I can't get a hold of Kolak. He used to be quick with his e-mails or phone calls to me, but last week after he told me they are on back order, now I have to wait 2 days for an answer. Then he comes on this site and posts to his other sale (superchips) without responding to a few of us with front shock problems. After he sent me an email last week saying they were on back order I was ready to see what other options I had with Bilstein shocks. But all I have got from him was yep we can probably swap to 5125's just e-mail me your phone# which I did 2 days ago and this morning around 9:00am and still nothing. I guess all I can do is keep emailing and bugging him until something gets done. Starting to really suck.
Unread 04-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #87
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjeepguy1

Thanks for the help! If I look at your picture IMG_0613.jpg (4 of 6), I am assuming the long arms are the bars that extend back from the front tire to the frame with the visible shackles bolting them on, correct?

Oh, and is your jeep ever cool! You must be so happy with how it turned out! It looks like a monster!

Thanks again for your help!
Yes those are the long arms. Thanks for the comments!
Unread 04-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #88
Kolak
Vendor

All emails, PMs and voicemails regarding shock status have been responded to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebejeepin View Post
I know I am starting to get impatient, but I can't get a hold of Kolak. He used to be quick with his e-mails or phone calls to me, but last week after he told me they are on back order, now I have to wait 2 days for an answer. Then he comes on this site and posts to his other sale (superchips) without responding to a few of us with front shock problems. After he sent me an email last week saying they were on back order I was ready to see what other options I had with Bilstein shocks. But all I have got from him was yep we can probably swap to 5125's just e-mail me your phone# which I did 2 days ago and this morning around 9:00am and still nothing. I guess all I can do is keep emailing and bugging him until something gets done. Starting to really suck.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #89
weebejeepin
1978 CJ5 

After my last email Kolak got in touch with me by phone. Like I said earlier on he is very nice and knowledgeable, but in the end I was starting to get impatient with the shocks being on back order for who knows when. I just wanted to find a solution to the problem. We worked something out that I am very happy with instead of having to wait for the front 5100's. I got 5150 with the Bilstein adaptor for the front upper mount. I paid the difference in price. Which he also had the lowest price on 5150 that I seen. He explained how Bilstein was telling his supplier that the shocks would be made by a certain date and they were not. The date had been pushed back twice. Now I would be happy to order from him again. He got in contact with me and explained what happened and we worked it out.
Unread 04-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #90
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Rec'd my backordered rears today, thanks Kolak! Will be putting them in this weekend.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.