8.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for Jeeps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > 8.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for Jeeps

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-11-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
ARTEC
Vendor

8.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for Jeeps

TJ 8.8 SWAP KIT with AXLE TRUSS
All the brackets necessary for the popular Explorer 8.8 rear axle
swap into a Jeep TJ Wrangler ('97-'06)

Artec Industries is excited to announce the TJ 8.8 Axle Swap Kit. This heavy duty truss and bracket system is designed to take serious abuse and reinforce your entire axle while also providing the factory link, anti-sway bar, and shock locations. The 1/4" thick truss top incorporates a unique design to strengthen both the axle and incorporate the link brackets for ease of installation and added strength. By incorporating the link mounts into the truss, hours of work and trial and error can be avoided when compared to other bracket systems. Simply tack weld the truss together, place it on the axle and all the other brackets fit into place exactly where they need to be.

The Ford Explorer 8.8 features: same lug nut bolt pattern as dana 35, 3-1/4" diameter tubes as compared to 2.625" dana 35, disc brakes (1995 & newer), 31 spline axle shafts, 8.8" diameter ring gear which 120% stronger than dana 35, only 20 pounds more than dana 35, and a trac-loc differential stock. When swapping, the 3.73 gear ratio may need to be changed to match your Jeep gears and wheel spacers may be necessary to bring the width back to factory specs since the 8.8 is 1.25" narrower than the dana 35.

Features include:

•1/4" thick mild steel truss and brackets for much higher strength than the factory bracket and other aftermarket brackets. Precision CNC cut and bent for great fitment.*
•Includes all the brackets necessary for a complete axle swap including upper and lower control arm mounts, shock mounts, anti-sway bar mounts, tracbar mount, and coil spring mounts.
•Save hours of installation time. Brackets are jigged into truss and set exact position automatically. All other brackets just need to line up to truss, no guessing and measuring involved.
•Tracbar mount includes both factory location and lifted bracket location for those who have aftermarket lifts.
•Easily upgradeable for future link geometry changes. Just trim off factory location upper link mounts and weld on new centered link mounts.
•Truss is reinforced using interlocked 1/4 thick gussets for maximum strength and easy assembly.
•Overall low profile design means your axle is stronger, sleaker, easier to fit into any vehicle, and less likely to interfere with vehicle components.

NOTE: This kit requires general welding and fabrication skills. Welding should only be done by a competent welder. Artec Industries implies no guarantees or warranties and is not liable for improper installation.
*Some grinding and fitment may be required when installing this kit. Every axle varies slightly and some fabrication may be required. Will require brake line relocation to fit.

LINK
Introductory Sale - $263.99, normally $329.99. Shipments begin August 29th, 2011

Follow us on FACEBOOK
Quick Links: Battery Mounts ULTIMATE HIGH STEER QUART CRATE Axle Trusses Fuel Cell Mounts

ARTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
ARTEC
Vendor

Wow, apparently this was a very much needed product. Thanks for the orders last night and this morning. Call us if you have any questions.

One question we had this morning was...are the coil plates part of the truss or separate?

The coil plates are separate from the truss. Here is the beauty of the design.
Normally with other 8.8 bracket kits you have to measure everything to find out the exact positioning of each bracket. This can be a challenge because the 8.8 axle is offset a few inches from the dana 35 so things are not as simple.

With our truss though, it couldn't be easier. Simply jig the truss together with the integrated upper control arm mounts. Tack weld the long truss gussets together and the whole truss holds together. Drop the truss right on the axle and it automatically locates the upper link brackets. Next all you need to do is butt up the coil link brackets next to the sides of the truss. The coil plates are automatically located, no calculations required.

This can really speed up the time it takes to install this kit and it saves you trial and error time too. We built this kit with the installation in mind and knew that just copying the stock brackets would not be enough. Plus for about the same price as other kits out there you get 1/4" material instead of 3/16" and a truss too. The truss is not only good for strengthening the axle, but it also allows for a mounting position for those who choose later to have more triangulated upper control arms and want to mount brackets on the truss top.

If you know someone with a stock rear axle, do them a favor and let them know about our 8.8 swap kit.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
Quick Links: Battery Mounts ULTIMATE HIGH STEER QUART CRATE Axle Trusses Fuel Cell Mounts

Unread 08-12-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

That thing is the tits. If only I didnt already have my 8.8 in...
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
bandit455
1997 TJ Wrangler 

this is a killer kit, will their be a future option to omit the uca brackets and trackbar bracket for triangulated uca upper brackets?
Eagle scout jeeper #10

my build thread
The Things We Make, Make Us
bandit455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 07:38 PM   #5
ARTEC
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit455 View Post
this is a killer kit, will their be a future option to omit the uca brackets and trackbar bracket for triangulated uca upper brackets?
Yes we will have a version for those who have already made that change. The cool thing about this version is that if you aren't ready to do a triangulated upper link conversion yet, you can still do the swap and later down the road when you want to make that change, simply cut off the factory positioned upper mounts and panhard mount and weld on some of our upper link mounts. In essence, its ready for your future plans.

Follow us on FACEBOOK

Unread 08-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
bandit455
1997 TJ Wrangler 

awesome, im still about a year out unfortunately from my swap, but now I know exactly which truss/bracket setup I will use, great product!
Eagle scout jeeper #10

my build thread
The Things We Make, Make Us
bandit455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #7
ARTEC
Vendor

thanks for the compliments.

Follow us on FACEBOOK

Unread 08-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #8
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Like i said on Pirate, you guys do amazing work. Love my new Battery tray. looking forward to the YJ SUA version of the truss
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #9
SpeedJeep
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

My 8.8 is already installed but at that price I might buy one of these just in case.
Unread 08-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #10
rangle
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I will be ordering this in the VERY near future. Getting ready to swap in an 8.8 and would like to make it as simple as possible.
Unread 08-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #11
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, this is REALLY awesome. I know what I'll be buying when I do my 8.8 swap in the near future. I'm still drooling over that awesome design total awesomeness of the whole kit.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2011, 09:33 PM   #12
26679cj5
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nice product
26679cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #13
ccidko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am sure glad I seen this.

Thank you so much. I have already picked up the axle out of a 2000 Mountaineer and this truss kit will help me greatly. Does anyone have an easy fix for the E brake cable on the 8.8?

Thank again.
ccidko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 05:00 AM   #14
ARTEC
Vendor

Thanks for the compliments.

Quick question on a YJ version. Are most people doing SUA or SOA? It'll definitely make a difference in Truss width.

Follow us on FACEBOOK

Unread 08-14-2011, 06:53 AM   #15
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccidko
Thank you so much. I have already picked up the axle out of a 2000 Mountaineer and this truss kit will help me greatly. Does anyone have an easy fix for the E brake cable on the 8.8?

Thank again.
ECGS is a good source for all the other components such as brake stuff, gears, and yoke or adapters.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.