76-86 Jeep CJ5 and CJ7 ignition - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-02-2017, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
ididit
Vendor

76-86 Jeep CJ5 and CJ7 ignition

Instead of getting a ordinary key in your ignition column, why not go with an Id Touch system!

Check it out right over here:

http://www.ididitinc.com/i-25049820-...tegory:1341772

The system has a number of innovative features and the button comes pre-installed in the column, if you need it to be...

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-02-2017, 10:37 AM
deminimis
1986 CJ7 

Here's the forum for post like this. Thanks. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/

'15 Ram 5500 Laramie Crew 4x4 for towing (the only way I can get my '86 CJ7 over 70mph)
post #3 of 4 Old 06-02-2017, 07:57 PM
Skerr
1985 CJ7 

*choke* *choke* $740.00!? Do you really understand your target audience?

Kerrdog
Go Fish! <*////><

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!

post #4 of 4 Old 06-03-2017, 04:38 AM
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Interesting, Summit sells it for $666.00

Here is how it works:
Quote:
Ididit Touch-N-Go keyless ignition systems give you the most advanced keyless ignition technology at the tip of your finger. The is the industry's first touch sensitive start system and features a 22mm aluminum button (25mm with column mount) with multi-color interactive LED lights that always let you know what mode it's in. Touch once and the system simulates the accessory position, touch twice and the system is in the on position, touch three times while pressing the brake pedal starts the car. Three rapid touches will turn the system off and stop the engine. There are no moving components to wear out, ensuring years of outstanding performance. This system can be used as a simple start button system or you can utilize more advance functions, such as keyless entry. Just stick your programmable key fob in your pocket or wallet and the system will sense your approach, automatically unlocking your door as you get close and locking it up as you leave (the system only responds when the key fob is in range). For added safety, this system can also be programmed to turn on your dome lights as you approach and includes a built in valet switch that allows you to override the system in the event of a dead key fob. Touch-N-Go systems are available for most ididit tilt steering columns and can replace your stock in-dash ignition. Made in the USA.
I think it fits right in the same position of your key switch. But it doesn't lock the column.
I haven't seen any pictures of it installed.

Security? I doubt that you couldn't defeat this system in less than a minute with a couple of wires under the hood and it doesn't lock the steering column.

But my Prius has this system, I don't need it in my jeep.

This would be closer to the "keyless" starter I would install in my jeep.

They do sell a lot of cool steering column stuff though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.