When are KL's Arriving at the Dealers? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > When are KL's Arriving at the Dealers?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 10-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #16
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

Fiat

Fiat and high quality dont mix. Never have

Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #17
LiLnAnCy

Any day now?

http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...#axzz2iOHfUZvw
LiLnAnCy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #18
WildcatRider
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmeltzer View Post
I wasnt a big fan of the cherokee at first but its growing on me, and the 6 speed turbo diesel is pretty awesome and very comfortable.
What? 6 speed turbo diesel?
WildcatRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #19
loveracing1988

Quote:
There about 35,000 cherokees built but just last week v14 software was released for the axles. Every single axle is being reflashed so thats causing a holdup, plus some noise issues with the clutch pumps on the rear axle. They brought back 2nd shift building them and they should start heading to dealers withing a week or two. I know there were a bunch loaded on railcars last week. I will say chrysler is really aiming high for quality, some of the requirements are higher than vehicles such as the escalade. The differentials are even built in a clean room and tested multiple times in different stages. I wasnt a big fan of the cherokee at first but its growing on me, and the 6 speed turbo diesel is pretty awesome and very comfortable.
How do you know this stuff?...
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 04:52 AM   #20
chadsmeltzer
2004 TJ Wrangler 

36,000 were released saturday to distribution lots, should be showing up at dealers any day now.
Unread 10-23-2013, 04:59 AM   #21
loveracing1988

Quote:
36,000 were released saturday to distribution lots, should be showing up at dealers any day now.
I meant about the axle issues.
Unread 10-23-2013, 07:05 AM   #22
chadsmeltzer
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't even see that post.
I may or may not be slightly involved with the cherokee.
Unread 10-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #23
loveracing1988

Quote:
I didn't even see that post.
I may or may not be slightly involved with the cherokee.
I figured, I didn't think the noise issue with the rdm ever got leaked to the media.
Unread 10-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #24
merft
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatRider View Post
What? 6 speed turbo diesel?
In Europe, the Cherokee has a 2-liter Turbo Diesel (168HP/270 lbft torque).
merft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #25
shark715

Just saw a Cherokee commercial on broadcast television for the first time. I assume that's an indication that you will soon be able to see them at the dealers.
shark715 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #26
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark715 View Post
Just saw a Cherokee commercial on broadcast television for the first time. I assume that's an indication that you will soon be able to see them at the dealers.
They are already at dealers in michigan.
Unread 10-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #27
WildcatRider
1999 XJ Cherokee 

After checking my largest local dealer's website today and seeing 7 in transit and one in stock, I took a drive over there after they closed. A silver/gray 2wd Latitude greeted me once I got there. The first thing that struck me was the size, it was much smaller than I expected. The swept back windshield does not help matters, it is very car like.

Maybe my expectations were skewed by my XJ with 4" lift. I don't remember it ever being this small, but the Internet tells me the stock XJ was 64" tall, and the KL is 66.2 (Trailhawk is 67.8")

Anyway, it didn't look terrible. You have to see the grill in 3d to appreciate it I think. The interior of the headlights (not the thin DRLs) are completely blacked out, so they don't stand out nearly as much as I thought they would (a very good thing). They actually stand out more in this picture than they would otherwise because of the flash.

I am really looking forward to seeing the Trailhawk. I think it will be very nice. Honestly if we buy one it will be my wife's daily and I may very well sell my XJ. I rarely drive it between my E36 M3 and motorcycle. If she gets the KL Trailhawk it will serve the purpose of camping vehicle and the light to medium trails or forest roads, which is about all I have been able to do lately in my XJ anyway (only due to a lack of time and not of its capability)

Last edited by chris87xj; 10-29-2013 at 11:10 PM.. Reason: picture size and wording
WildcatRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #28
bono426
2005 LJ Wrangler 

our Jeep dealer just got a **** ton of them. I posted pictures in a different thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.