Waiting for 2nd transmission - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > Waiting for 2nd transmission

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRIIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-10-2015, 07:45 PM   #1
nomoremkx
2014 KL Cherokee 

Waiting for 2nd transmission

So I get a text message saying I need to come in for an RO5 safety update. I took the Jeep in yesterday and picked it up today. The kept it over night because I also needed a new flash for the replaced transmission I got back in December.

So... I pick it up today and all is fine. Driving home I get the check engine light. I call the dealer and they want me to bring it back. Awesome dealer. They want to check and clear the code and will do it while I wait.

Within five minutes the service manager lets me know I need another transmission. How I ask? He said he called Chrysler because the code was showing replace and they just replaced two months ago. Chrysler told him that they want the trans back and to order one.

So this is what a great dealer who has been fantastic so far told me: The brain in the trans is not talking to the brain in the car. I can drive it without worry but the light will stray on and Chrysler wants the trans back. Period and no exception. He will order one and get me a loaner as soon as the new trans gets here. He told me that they are not allowed to open the transmission under any circumstance and I am the second person this week to get a second transmission.

My main fear is that I now have 34,000 miles. I know that the power train is covered for 50,000 miles but... Bumper to bumper expires VERY soon! If you were me, how long would you keep the Jeep?

What a shame. I bought this for the tech package and that part has worked great. If you have read my posts from before, you know I have not had any problems at all until I went into limp mode in December and got a new transmission. Now what is this thing worth as a trade in with that wonderful double transmission Carfax report every dealer will get at trade in time?

Anyone know about lemon laws in Illinois? I bought this 15 months ago for $35,000. It looks to be worth about $19,000 now. It cost me over a thousand dollars a month to own this. Wow! What a rip off. I could have taken a limo for that kind of cash! FML

nomoremkx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2015, 08:09 PM   #2
ettubrute

Which do you have? Limited or Trailhawk? Glad I bought the 5 years/75K warranty. I might need it. I own a '15 Trailhawk. Very new right now.
ettubrute is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2015, 09:31 AM   #3
nomoremkx
2014 KL Cherokee 

Limited
Unread 03-11-2015, 08:00 PM   #4
ettubrute

Gotcha. Good luck with the second time around. I hope to avoid the tranny issues.
Unread 03-12-2015, 03:24 PM   #5
hewhosculpts
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ettubrute View Post
Which do you have? Limited or Trailhawk? Glad I bought the 5 years/75K warranty. I might need it. I own a '15 Trailhawk. Very new right now.
Some of us saw "new transmission" as a sufficient reason to get the lifetime warranty... But, so far it's fine...
hewhosculpts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2015, 08:20 PM   #6
nomoremkx
2014 KL Cherokee 

I'm more of a quitter. I know when I'm beat. Looking at new cars now.
Unread 03-13-2015, 05:44 PM   #7
ettubrute

I'd wait till model year ends in Aug/Sept or for Black Friday.
Unread 03-13-2015, 09:27 PM   #8
nomoremkx
2014 KL Cherokee 

I would love to wait for the 2016's but... 33,775 miles means almost out of warranty...
Unread 03-14-2015, 08:40 AM   #9
ettubrute

I get it. Last day of the month and don't move off your price. I did that last month and got a killer deal. Put the prices just outside of KBB's range. What are you thinking of getting?
Unread 03-14-2015, 08:43 AM   #10
bwilliams
2015 XJ Cherokee 

Maybe you should see what Chrysler will do if you went with one of there cars.
bwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2015, 03:21 PM   #11
nomoremkx
2014 KL Cherokee 

Looks most likely to be an Mercedes M class or GL
Unread 03-14-2015, 04:41 PM   #12
ettubrute

2013and 2014 GLK's are pretty quick. 300 HP. An M or GL will feel much larger. Almost no off road prowess.
Unread 03-15-2015, 01:40 PM   #13
hewhosculpts
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ettubrute View Post
2013and 2014 GLK's are pretty quick. 300 HP. An M or GL will feel much larger. Almost no off road prowess.
If he wants off-road capability the VW Touareg is supposed to be decent. Note, if he wants off-road capability and wants blow some real money then Lexus LX570 or a Porsche Cayenne would also fit the bill. He could also even go with a Grand Cherokee or a 4Runner. Note, I haven't included anything without independent suspension (the 4Runner doesn't have it in the rear) which I assume he wants.
hewhosculpts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2015, 02:25 PM   #14
ettubrute

Agreed. A Grand Cherokee would be tight.
Unread 03-15-2015, 07:12 PM   #15
nomoremkx
2014 KL Cherokee 

What I really want is a self driving cube. It should have a couch, chair and desk plus WiFi and a TV. A small fridge would also be nice. And a microwave. It should get 80-100 MPG and be silent as can be. Suspension should be theater seat like.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.