Trailhawk hood decal - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > Trailhawk hood decal

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #16
bruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirruslydakota View Post
Amen to that. When I bought my Mustang GT a couple years back they took it back to prep and clean it up. When I walked out to take delivery I saw they had applied their decal to the trunk lid. I gave the keys back to my sales rep and told him I wasn't taking delivery until that sticker was off the car.

Same thing with my wife's car and the licence plate thingy. Went in the trash before we even left the dealership.
I usually let the license plate frame with the dealers name stay on up until the plate comes in. Then it goes in the trash.
This sticker thing just p**ses me off though. They assume someone wants their ugly sticker on their car so they can get some free advertisement.

bruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #17
Cirruslydakota
1999 WJ 

We get our plates instantly here.
Cirruslydakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #18
btbean
2014 KL Cherokee 

Decal altenative

I'm new to the forum, but I traded in my Outlander Sport on my Cherokee. For those that don't have the TH but would like the option of the decal for much less than 150 and would like the ability to peel it off with no damage or ill-effects, look at PlastiDip. I dipped my front end, hood, and roof, all for about 25.00. You can get balck and white at Home Depot in the paint section for around 2.50 a can. One can would do the hood decal.
honeybadger2.jpg  
btbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #19
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

btbean, wonder how that will hold up through the winter and the salt residue the road dept. uses. hope you will let us know.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #20
btbean
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastarguy View Post
btbean, wonder how that will hold up through the winter and the salt residue the road dept. uses. hope you will let us know.
Havent dipped the KL yet but my OSport held up just fine. Even held up to automatic car washes and pressure washers.
Unread 12-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #21
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

btbean, didn't think it stand up to that. i was always afaid moisture would seep in through little pin holes and cause rust. may have to rethink this.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #22
btbean
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentastarguy View Post
btbean, didn't think it stand up to that. i was always afaid moisture would seep in through little pin holes and cause rust. may have to rethink this.
Oh yes, plastidip is a wonderful thing. I had some hard edge peel-back with a pressure washer once but it was my fault for going light on the coating near the top of the hood. With 6 or 7 coats it wont do that.
Unread 12-31-2013, 07:58 AM   #23
OttawaJeeper
2014 KL Cherokee 

When I bought my TH I told the dealer no stickers on it or I wouldn't take delivery but I'm ok with the plate trim because they have taken very good care of me through the whole buying process.
OttawaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 07:12 AM   #24
EllisWyatt
2013 WK 

The dealer removed the hood decal on our 2013 GC Trailhawk with no ill effects to the paint. Now I have a hood with beautiful black metallic paint instead of a giant sticker.
EllisWyatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.