Trailhawk hood decal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > Trailhawk hood decal

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
bobged
2011 JK Wrangler 

Trailhawk hood decal

Does anyone know if it can be removed, of course without damaging the paint?

bobged is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 06:01 AM   #2
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

As long as it is just a vinyl decal it can easily be removed without paint damage. Seeing as the vehicles are so new there is no worry about paint fade either.

The question begs though if you have a TH why remove it? It is a distinguishing feature.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 06:41 AM   #3
McSwine

I asked the same question on another board and was told it could be removed with no problems. It's just not my cup of tea...I have flashbacks of the screaming chicken on the hoods of late '70's Firebirds. But hey, whatever blows your skirt up.
McSwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
bobged
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. I personally just don't care for the hood decal, but do like the rest of the TH package. Simply a personal thing that I'd rather not have to look at it every time I'm driving.
Unread 11-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

The decal is an option. You can get it without
BenHoleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #6
hyperhip

Yep, they charge you $150 for that pigeon dropping sticker on the hood. It CAN be ordered without.
Thanks to someone with a little taste.
hyperhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #7
bobged
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHoleton View Post
The decal is an option. You can get it without
Yes I noticed that, which is fine if you're factory ordering. The TH's at or coming into the dealers in my area all have it applied, hence my question if I were to buy one from a dealer's inventory.
Unread 11-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #8
hyperhip

Old Toot

Back in the day, I would have said you would have had to live with the sticker or the ghost of the sticker :>)
I'm depending on the "more up to date" fellows to be giving you the right poop.

I bought a new car that the dealer had slapped one of his stickers on the trunk. Hadn't been there where I signed the papers. When I ask him how much a year he was will to pay me to be his rolling advertisement he blew a gasket. It was removed but I lived with the ghost of his tantrum until I got rid of the car.

Just saying, some people don't realize streets go two ways. I never had to say a word, when someone asked how I liked the car and the service, I just walked them out to my trunk with one comment "I asked him to remove it." (pointing at the ghost)

There are a lot of things God may get me for, but I don't think that will be one of them.
hyperhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #9
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

i like the hood decal.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #10
Jimd0313
1983 CJ7 

The hood decal option was required to be added on all early models. The option for ordering without just opened up last week.
Jimd0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #11
Tdog02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSwine View Post
I asked the same question on another board and was told it could be removed with no problems. It's just not my cup of tea...I have flashbacks of the screaming chicken on the hoods of late '70's Firebirds. But hey, whatever blows your skirt up.
you said screaming chicken....
Unread 12-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #12
sfdxsm

2014 KL Cherokee 

Just wanted to add when I asked a dealership for a price quote on a TH they informed me the decal could easily be removed without me asking if I didn't like it. I am guessing it is a semi common enough request.
sfdxsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 12:41 AM   #13
Nalcyon
2014 KL Cherokee 

I like it, but I liked the screaming chickens on the dirty birds too.
Nalcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 07:02 AM   #14
bruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperhip View Post

I bought a new car that the dealer had slapped one of his stickers on the trunk. Hadn't been there where I signed the papers. When I ask him how much a year he was will to pay me to be his rolling advertisement he blew a gasket. It was removed but I lived with the ghost of his tantrum until I got rid of the car.
The FIRST thing I do to every new vehicle I buy is take the dealerships ugly frickin sticker off the back. No one wants that ugly crap on their vehicle.
bruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #15
Cirruslydakota
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceg View Post
The FIRST thing I do to every new vehicle I buy is take the dealerships ugly frickin sticker off the back. No one wants that ugly crap on their vehicle.
Amen to that. When I bought my Mustang GT a couple years back they took it back to prep and clean it up. When I walked out to take delivery I saw they had applied their decal to the trunk lid. I gave the keys back to my sales rep and told him I wasn't taking delivery until that sticker was off the car.

Same thing with my wife's car and the licence plate thingy. Went in the trash before we even left the dealership.
Cirruslydakota is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.