Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Trail Chicken "Heihei" Build Thread.

4K views 36 replies 4 participants last post by  cotton16 
#1 ·
Step one is down, I am going to post all of my photos to start things off. My end goal would be The jeep Dakar concept. But with my own name tags and what not. Started with super sliders. Next is roof rack, then tow hitch, then front prerunner skid and winch plate. Along with other bits and pieces along the way to include lift larger tires maybe some lights, etc etc.

Attachments

See less See more
#25 ·
Now i am looking to figure out how to get the larger pieces cut and get my grill hood and windows outlined.
I have done the hood stripe using vinyl and knife tape. Turned out great. I also used vinyl for the two grill inserts, but it bubbled up around the tight inner corners, so I peeled it off. A lot of people were always asking why I didn't do the other 5 slots, so I was kinda tired of hearing about it anyway. Nice thing about vinyl, it can be removed.

I am interested to see if you do the red outlining of the window weather stripping. I still want to do that, but can not figure the best way. Afraid paint will fade or peel, and vinyl wont stick. I had thought about trying to swap weather stripping from the Limited, as it has a smooth chrome finish, which I would assume the vinyl would stick to. But, cant seem to buy it loose. Would probably have to pick it from a you-pull-it yard or something.. I'll be watching! :popCorn:

#8 ·
Heihei under the knife today. Will pay pictures of the tires mounted later today. Looking good (don't mind how my local tire shop does things, knock on wood the 5cars I have brought here all drove away just fine). HAHAHAHA

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Heihei had A little fun near the river today. Testing out the new shoes. They rub very little in the back of the front fender. Clear the back no problem. Even through all of this i couldn't hear any rubbing. They rub just enough to clean the mud off of the lining. 265/65r17 General Grabbers stock wheels no spacers.

#16 ·
Alright folks got my roof rack mounted today. Got my hi-lift and spare mounted. Loving it. Super sturdy. Next is the awning, discos, tow hitch, then lift. But so far Heihei is doing great and coming along as fast as I can afford lol.

#17 ·
Hey folks check out this video of Heihei taking on Daniel trail at Uwharrie. I missed the two big obstacles and i don't know how. But the one i tried riding the ruts and slid hard into some rocks. Luckily my RRO Rock sliders took the hit not Heihei. Will post more as we take the jeep out more.

Attachments

#22 ·
Not a single issue with fitment bolted right on didn't have to dremel holes like alot have. The rack itself bolted right up with no issues. Over all very easy install and very clean finish.

Attachments

#24 ·
That's the big reason i bought it, so that i could put a full size spare up there. I also bought a used TH wheel off of eBay so i could do a 5 tire rotation with my new size of tires. I maybe lifting mine soon which will give me clearance for wheel spacers.

#29 ·
HEIHEI is fairly close to being done, i have a few things left i want to do but for now it is on hold. i have been putting my resources into my new project for the time being, Here is a look at what my time is invested in other than my TH.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.