Sport FWD in snow? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > Sport FWD in snow?

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 03-31-2014, 06:41 PM   #1
jeep06
2015 KL Cherokee 

Sport FWD in snow?

Well I've been dreading asking this question but are there any Sport FWD owners that have driven them in snow? I just bought one Saturday and I really like the rig so far but wondering how the fwd is going to pan out in the snow when it returns. I was originally going for a Chrysler 200 but couldn't take that big of a plunge coming from my '05 Rubi unlimited. I know it won't be anything like a 4x4 by no means but hoping the extra ground clearance and front wheel drive will help compared to say.... a car. Thanks for any input, hope it isn't all bad.

Unread 04-01-2014, 08:08 PM   #2
priell3
2014 KL Cherokee 

My FWD Latitude did okay in the snow. What I did for winter months was buy an extra set of wheels and winter tires for better go in the snow. I was going places 4X4s where getting stuck.

2003 KJ
2000 XJ
priell3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2014, 11:17 AM   #3
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

with the right snow tires you will be ok in moderate snow. if we have some sizable accumulation, you won't fare so well.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2014, 02:37 PM   #4
jeep06
2015 KL Cherokee 

Thanks for the replies everyone, I figured it would be touch and go with a front wheel drive only Cherokee. Guess I should have dropped a few more $$$ and went with a 4x4, I suppose if things get too bad I will have to stay home from work...... Maybe I should go to my local tire dealer now and swap them out for some all season tires. I've done that before and they allowed me pretty decent money for my trade in tires since the vehicle was new.
Unread 04-04-2014, 02:42 PM   #5
jeep06
2015 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
My FWD Latitude did okay in the snow. What I did for winter months was buy an extra set of wheels and winter tires for better go in the snow. I was going places 4X4s where getting stuck.

Nice snow pic and Jeep!! Care to share what tires you went with? I would probably just get some decent all season tires and leave them on all year. TIA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.