Someone might want to jump on this! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > Someone might want to jump on this!

FrEaKy FrIdAy SaLe!!!!NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 12-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
06_footy
1977 J-Series Truck 

Someone might want to jump on this!

I'll let this link below explain. But this is a great opportunity to show the offroad community that the Cherokee isn't just a soccer mom's means of travel. Here's the link..

http://www.rocky-road.com/2014-jeep-cherokee.html

Stock
06_footy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

One of the very worst companies as far as lifts etc.
There will be other much better places to deal with than those *#@*^*
Unread 01-10-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

yup, be patient, won't belong unril some decent companies start putting out quality lifts.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #4
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

Seeing as the Liberty and the new Grand Cherokees only have like 1-2 choices, I would not count on too many options....
rangerr47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #5
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Libertys have several choices, of course the offerings from Skyjacker, BDS, Rustys Off Road, Rocky Road are all junk, that still leaves OME/ Ironman, plus then then custom lifts from AllJs with their Frankenlift, plus all of the adjustable coilover lifts from JeepinbyAl , so enough to keep the smaller market going.
Unread 01-10-2014, 02:05 PM   #6
rangerr47
2012 KK Liberty 

Sorry should have been more specific. Since were were talking about the new Cherokee, I was referring to the newer Liberty and GC. These really dont have alot of quality lifts to choose from.

The KK was around since 08 and never got the love it deserved from those guys...when the GC went full independents on all 4 corners, it really never did either.

This will be in the realm of the Compass and Patriot for the most part and pretty sure, they only have like 1-2 choices if that. Since OME never even bothered with these, I highly doubt they would look into the Cherokee either.

It can be done, but will anyone make the effort for something that most people driving a Cherokee will not ever want or buy is the question.
rangerr47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #7
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

KK Libertys have the same basic lift as the KJs so what works for one works for the other, only difference is rear springs and front UCAs, so non issue. As far as the new Grands yes they have been overlooked so far
With the new Cherokees to do it right the front won't be much of a problem, for the rear if all of my measurements are the way I think, longer CVs will be needed for one thing, but other than that should be able to do more than just a cheap spacer lift with minor mods. Don't want to say more since someone else I am sure may want to take and run with it
Unread 01-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #8
sfdxsm

2014 KL Cherokee 

Considering the trailhawk being a standard model and ADII + Jeep pushing so hard to convince everyone the KL can handle itself, I have to imagine that gives it a little extra attention over the Compass/Patriot and even the Liberty crew. Now what I think might happen is TH specific stuff and we'll discover minor differences between ADI vs ADII in regards to some of the supporting hardware (and possibly even from ADII to AD Lock) which will make anyone with an ADI or FWD have to jump some extra hoops. But who knows. Fingers crossed some lifts come out and some quality ones at that.
sfdxsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.