Popping noise from radio - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > Popping noise from radio

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 11-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
JDThird

Popping noise from radio

I've been having weird noises when listening to the radio. So far only happens when listening to radio, hasn't happened yet with iPod. But it sounds almost like a gunshot being fired at the radio station being picked up by the microphone there, or someone slamming something on a table. The rest of the sound from the station fades in volume slightly then comes back. Sometimes it's just once or twice during a drive, sometimes I'm getting them every few minutes.

I did some googling and found similar issues in some 2014 Grand Cherokees as well, and some people who apparently had it in earlier models.

Any other 2014 Cherokee owners experiencing this yet?

John

JDThird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #2
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDThird View Post
I've been having weird noises when listening to the radio. So far only happens when listening to radio, hasn't happened yet with iPod. But it sounds almost like a gunshot being fired at the radio station being picked up by the microphone there, or someone slamming something on a table. The rest of the sound from the station fades in volume slightly then comes back. Sometimes it's just once or twice during a drive, sometimes I'm getting them every few minutes.

I did some googling and found similar issues in some 2014 Grand Cherokees as well, and some people who apparently had it in earlier models.

Any other 2014 Cherokee owners experiencing this yet?

John
Standard sound system or the 9 speaker premium sound?
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
JDThird

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPATRIOT
Standard sound system or the 9 speaker premium sound?
Premium 9 speaker.
JDThird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 05:53 AM   #4
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

If it has an amp it can be amp related. I have read about similar issues on Patriot/Compass models running the 9 speaker premium sound and it has been attributed to the amp.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2013, 12:30 AM   #5
Nalcyon
2014 KL Cherokee 

Fwiw mine does this too. On am channels only whenever I go under a power line.
Nalcyon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2014, 10:35 PM   #6
wildbs1
2014 KL Cherokee 

I have a 2014 trail hawk with the same issue, i thought the sound was like a snar drum. going to take it in and see what happens, since i too am a AM radio listener most of the time.
wildbs1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2014, 11:16 AM   #7
Ombligo
2014 KL Cherokee 

I have that popping sound from the UConnect5, but only when using the USB port. Happens about one a minute.
Ombligo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.