Owners - Throttle hesitation and overall reviews? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > Owners - Throttle hesitation and overall reviews?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still Available

Unread 12-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
Napoleon1982

Owners - Throttle hesitation and overall reviews?

Finally got a chance to test drive the new Cherokee. While driving the 6 cyl. I noted a good deal of throttle delay/hesitation. The salesman DID tell me beforehand that its common (his wife drives one) and I told him slight hesitation doesn't bother me. During the drive, it was actually a bit more than I would have liked, which surprised me.

Current owners, have you noticed this by any chance? I am really stuck between a Cherokee and a Grand Cherokee. I would love to spend less money on the Cherokee, but the GC is much nicer. Trying to get a feel from current owners what everyone is thinking now that they have hit lots and people's driveways

Napoleon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
bruceg

I notice only a small amount of throttle lag. Normal from a vehicle with electronic throttle.
bruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
sfdxsm

2014 KL Cherokee 

I had it too but after 200 miles the transmission is clearing up those weird hiccups. I haven't really gotten on it yet but the kick down does have a bit of a delay. Certainly better than day 1 though.

I was on the fence between the two as well and with a Limited KL with the Lux package, it has the same features (outside of rear heated seats and QL) as an Overland for the most part. Plus you get the upgraded leather on the Lux package and the V6 in the KL is plenty powerful for me. My last car was a chipped Audi hatchback that weighed less, was making more torque and almost as much HP as the KL's v6. I don't feel like the Jeep is slow at all.

My buddy has a JGC Overland and I liked it a lot. Very comfortable seats and more cargo space but I ultimately went with the KL because it was cheaper than a new JGC Limited with matching features by almost $10,000.
sfdxsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
priell3
2014 KL Cherokee 

I don't notice any hesitation from my 2.4L. Then again, I plant my foot firmly on the gas peddle and let 'er rip.

Peformance improves with age. I noticed this in my 2013 Dart with the 2.0; it really settled in after 5K on the odometer.
2003 KJ
2000 XJ
priell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #5
tptman
2014 KL Cherokee 

I have the 6, but can't say I have noticed any lag. Then again, my Cherokee has been in the shop longer than I have been able to drive it. See my thread on Cherokee in Transport Mode. Overall review for this $35K car....so far two thumbs down!! Big disappointment.
tptman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
bruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tptman View Post
I have the 6, but can't say I have noticed any lag. Then again, my Cherokee has been in the shop longer than I have been able to drive it. See my thread on Cherokee in Transport Mode. Overall review for this $35K car....so far two thumbs down!! Big disappointment.
Sucks you're having those issues. Once you get to actually drive the thing a lot, you'll like it more and more. I've had mine for almost 2 weeks and I find I'm loving it more and more every day I drive it.
bruceg is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.