Obsessed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > Obsessed

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 10-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
99offroaderxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Obsessed

This is how sad my life is at the moment, I woke up from a dream that was based on me buying a Limited KL. At least in my dream it was a very smooth ride and I was particularly impressed with the set up and ride of the Jeep. The only thing that I didn't like (shout out to my subconscious for this one) was the smaller V4 engine and the disgusting bright orange that the Jeep was painted. Am I the only one this excited to get one? And before everyone goes calling me a traitor I have a 99 XJ that the love of my life and that will surely not change.

99offroaderxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
Campy39
2002 WJ 

Dont be too upset about it. The new KL does look interesting. I am deferring all judgement till I see on in person and sit in one at dealer. Will it be on par with my late WJ (which got wrecked) I doubt it but I am willing to keep open mind for a bit. Though...must get it with the 6 cyl engine though. The 4 was the worse part of your dream

* Gone but not Forgotten* 2002 WJ SE Patriot Blue with all the trimmings
Campy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
99offroaderxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Oh yea as soon as I get back from my Air Force tech school training I'm walking into the dealer and getting my trail hawk with a v6. I'm excited for it honestly. It's going to be a fantastic daily driver that can perform well in medium off road conditions.
Unread 10-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

I'd rock one to work and back.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

Enter your jeep in the July Cherokee Of The Month contest!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
99offroaderxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

That's exactly what I'm thinking of doing
Unread 10-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
06_footy
1977 J-Series Truck 

I'm extremely excited over this vehicle. Hopefully the quirks they are working out pay off and it does well. I might sit back a year and lets all the "New design" issues work themselves out. But I'd rock this thing on a daily basis.
Stock
06_footy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #7
99offroaderxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have the luxury of not being able to get one right since I will be at Air Force basic training and tech school so I'm really hoping that they iron out all the stuff by the time I come back next summer. That said, I just read a new article by USA Today that Chrysler seems to really want this thing to go out without a hitch and not have a ton of people coming back in a month to get the KL serviced. http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...tless/2968725/
Unread 10-16-2013, 04:36 AM   #8
miceanic
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroaderxj View Post
I have the luxury of not being able to get one right since I will be at Air Force basic training and tech school so I'm really hoping that they iron out all the stuff by the time I come back next summer. That said, I just read a new article by USA Today that Chrysler seems to really want this thing to go out without a hitch and not have a ton of people coming back in a month to get the KL serviced. http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...tless/2968725/
You sure you want to start out your career with a brand new vehicle you cannot afford? Wait a year or two and then buy a good used one after the kinks rear there ugly heads and someone figures out how to swap to a reasonable transmission.
miceanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #9
99offroaderxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I was figuring on some 6 month leases to be up and being able to save a couple grand there. And I already have the money situation worked out. Since college is free with the gi bill and other benefits my parents are letting me use part of my college fund and the other parts are coming from my signing bonus. I see what you're saying and I've thought about it but my other Cherokee also comes into play with this because it's hitting the age where things have to start being replaced and I don't want to have to worry about whether or not I will have a car.
Unread 10-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #10
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Maintaining an XJ even during a period where multiple things are breaking down will still always be cheaper than a new car payment (new cars need maintenance too). I'm not just maintaining mine; I'm restoring it and catching-up on previous owners' neglect, and my annual cost of ownership has still been below that of someone paying for or leasing a new car.

It seems like you're planning on doing some financial gymnastics just to be an early adopter of a car you don't really need. Wise? What if you just throw all the money you're planning for the KL at your Cherokee instead? I betcha even a fraction of it would take care of your foreseeable repairs.

Sent from my phone
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #11
99offroaderxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Yea that's true as well and I figure ill do that at some point. I mean I love my xj to death and will spoil it til I die and will take care of it I was just looking at a possible treat.
Unread 10-21-2013, 11:12 PM   #12
PaYankee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroaderxj
Yea that's true as well and I figure ill do that at some point. I mean I love my xj to death and will spoil it til I die and will take care of it I was just looking at a possible treat.
Treat yourself to something maybe a few years old for a fraction of the cost of a new cherokee. I would go for a nice truck before a new cherokee.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.