New Jeep North/Latitude Owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > New Jeep North/Latitude Owner

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 12-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
stormed

New Jeep North/Latitude Owner

I went with the 2.4L 4x4. I love the vehicle but I have a few pet peeves.

Headlights

The first is that I didn't read the fine print on the headlights. They aren't automatic unless you get the comfort/convenience package. Come on, what is this? 1990? At a medium level trim I expect automatic headlights. I haven't bought a car without this feature being standard since 1992. What a pain in the butt. I would have gone with the comfort/convenience package just for this feature, if it had been identified to me.

Climate Control

For some reason, every time I start the jeep, the climate control resets to max heat. This is pretty annoying.

Satellite / Bluetooth

Both the satellite radio and bluetooth cut out every minute or so, for a second. It doesn't matter if I use my bluetooth playing from my iphone or satellite radio, it intermittently cuts out.

stormed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
priell3
2014 KL Cherokee 

I am confident enough to know when to turn on my headlights, so that isn't an issue for me.

I believe the climate control on start-up is temperature sensitive and cranks up to defrost windows, etc.

As for the radio, see this post: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f428/.../#post18699330
2003 KJ
2000 XJ
priell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
stormed

Its not knowing when to use headlights. It's having to remember to turn them off every time I get out of the vehicle. I am used to the beeping for seatbelts or keys in the ignition, etc. Not lights being left on. That is just an inconvenience that doesn't usually exist anymore - especially on trims that aren't the "lowest" level. The same goes for power windows and such. I find it amusing that the vehicle will automatically connect to my iPhone when I start it, and start playing my last song, but I have to manually turn on my headlights.

Thank you for the info on the climate control. I will have to research this aspect. I tried looking into it but couldn't find info. It is not that cold here (maybe 50-55 Fahrenheit), but that might be the case. Unfortunately it doesn't turn down once the vehicle is warm enough to defrost the windows, either. It just stays on max.

Ah, a firmware update - I just assumed that it would have the newest firmware given that I bought the vehicle a day ago. I will try this and see if it fixes the issue.

Cheers!
stormed is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.