new jeep cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > new jeep cherokee

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #1
xoa

new jeep cherokee

I have waited all summer for the 2014 Cherokee to hit the California dealerships and now that they have , no one has a green one , or can tell me anything about getting a green one - I have been to 4 local dealerships as well as looking on line . I'm really frustrated ! I have reservations about special ordering one and waiting another 2 months but I'm almost to that point . I would rather take a weekend and drive to Arizona or Nevada and get one if they have one there . so I joined this forum to see if any one has any leads or can point me in the right direction . any help would be appreciated

xoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 10:30 PM   #2
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

My understanding is that green ones aren't available yet. Can't wait to see one though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfdxsm View Post
That is Granite Crystal Metallic. It changes colors between a silver/brown/green in the light.
Eco Green will not be available until 2014 and will be much like the older versions of Army Green Jeep offered. Or so the pictures show.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
Congratulations Spokes as our August COTM!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 07:03 AM   #3
sfdxsm

2014 KL Cherokee 

Mango Tango, Eco Green, and Cashmere are all late availability. My understanding from other threads is that all colors should be available to custom order from the dealership and there should be no problems submitting them. However when they will be ready, no one knows yet. Someone who worked for Chrysler said there are some orders in queue for Eco Green leading him to believe production should start soon.

You could try calling Jeep customer service but the dealerships should be able to check and at least put an order in.

If you're looking to just buy off the lot it'll be a bit of a wait. Canada is the only place Eco Green and Mango Tango are available right now.
sfdxsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #4
xoa

thanx for the info
Unread 01-02-2014, 11:15 AM   #5
xoa

I guess my real frustration is not knowing the "when" . I need kinda need a new car - but I'm not disparate . if they aren't producing them until September or later I not waiting . but I would hate to pull the trigger and get a different color and then a week later see one driving down the road ! I hate making decisions without all the facts !!!!
Unread 01-02-2014, 01:24 PM   #6
sfdxsm

2014 KL Cherokee 

Yea I wanted an Eco Green as well but given that the only info out there was Q1 2014 tentative I pulled the trigger on a white one. I'd say if you can hold out a few more weeks (like mid/end Jan) I think we'll know more. Otherwise, may want to consider a different color.

I doubt you'll looking at fall but I suspect late Q1 (like Feb/Mar) time we see them on lots and orders coming in Feb.

That's just my guess.
Unread 01-03-2014, 03:49 PM   #7
mich99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

eco green shows up now on the jeep.com "build your own" configurator

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/bmo/CUJ201.../2TG/colors.do

this must mean they are getting closer to slotting orders for it, as this color certainly was not there last time I had looked in December

'14 Cherokee Trailhawk, 3.2 V6, 9 Speed, Granite / Moroccan Black Interior, 8.4 AN, Trailer Tow
mich99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #8
sfdxsm

2014 KL Cherokee 

Yep looks that way. Someone said their Cashmere went into D status but hasn't hit D1 which is the plant actually saying we will start soon. So bummed I couldn't get green at launch.
Unread 01-14-2014, 11:09 PM   #9
canadakelly

Purchased a limited dec 4 still waiting for it it's show D1 status anyone no what that means?
canadakelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 08:44 AM   #10
sfdxsm

2014 KL Cherokee 

D1 means the plant has sequenced your Jeep to be built. It's a good status to be at as you are on the schedule now to get built.
Unread 01-15-2014, 08:50 PM   #11
canadakelly

Thanks it just been in D1 for a few weeks
Unread 01-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #12
gunshw301
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well they have to extract the iron from the earth first!
F/S Dana 35, 4:10, open make an offer, local pick up only, will not ship. 3-8-13

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-94-b-g-yj-1034888/"]My 1994 yj build page[/URL]
gunshw301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 06:35 AM   #13
canadakelly

Week number 7 still waiting for my Jeep
Unread 01-20-2014, 06:01 PM   #14
barnettd

There are several Cashmere Cherokees coming to the local dealer soon. The Eco greens probably hit dealers in February. I want the CH TH in Mango Tango WITH CLOTH SEATS
barnettd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 06:19 PM   #15
canadakelly

Order it now it might take awhile

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.