New Cherokee Bugs ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > New Cherokee Bugs ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 12-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #16
starscream
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmill89 View Post
This is to be expected with a relatively new platform (the Dart which the KL is based on is only a couple years old)
There's some misconception out there that people believe the Cherokee is essentially a Dart, but this is completely untrue. They share the same platform. What that means is they are built to the same physical dimensions - wheelbase, track, width. But it does not mean they share parts. The Cherokee chassis and suspension is its own engineered piece, it is not a Dart underneath. They also share very little common parts other than components that are common among all Chrysler vehicles.

starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #17
KL14Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceg
No matter how much testing they do BEFORE launch, they can't possibly work everything out. If any of you guys ever play RPG's or MMO's at launch, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Testing a handful of vehicles at the factory, etc is not going to work everything out. When thousands of vehicles go out, you have thousands of testers... Again, some of you guys are acting like there's SO MANY Cherokees out there with issues. In reality, the number of people having issues to the number of people not having issues is extremely small. The difference is that the thousands of people who aren't having issues and are happy with their Cherokee aren't making threads about it every day like the people who are. This makes it seem a LOT worse than it really is. Another thing to keep in mind is that a lot of the Cherokee is new to Jeep. (And every other manufacturer for that matter). Jeep didn't regurgitate some garbage and call it a new vehicle. This isn't some same old same old design they just had laying around. The fact that SOME Cherokees ARE having issues is a testament to the fact that Jeep is doing NEW things. As I said, if it DIDN'T have some issues, I'd be questioning just how much NEW is in this "newly" designed vehicle.
Couldn't agree more...
Kinda like "why isn't my new Cherokee in 9th gear at 35 mph?"
KL14Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #18
KL14Bulldog

For some reason or another I was expecting a lot more intelligent threads/responses from a Jeep forum... Read a lot of stupid responses/assumptions and things that are not just true so far. Very disappointed with this forum so far.
KL14Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 12:24 AM   #19
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14Bulldog View Post
For some reason or another I was expecting a lot more intelligent threads/responses from a Jeep forum... Read a lot of stupid responses/assumptions and things that are not just true so far. Very disappointed with this forum so far.
This coming from a newbie with (4) total post. Really ?

How about contributing something intellectual yourself instead of slamming the place first.
Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #20
tptman
2014 KL Cherokee 

Bruceg...If having thousands of testers will result in vehicles with issues, Chrysler needs to take a serious look at their overall QC process. You are essentially saying that the release of these vehicles is a roll of the dice. Unfortunately, unlucky consumers like me are on the losing side of that bet. I now have to spend time dealing with this while I continue to make monthly payments on a $35K car that I cannot drive. No matter how you slice it, this is unacceptable by any standards.

I am sure that many people reporting problems on this forum are doing so to obtain feedback and possibly some reassurance that their issues will be resolved. If others have experienced the same problems and have had them fixed, there is peace of mind in knowing that.

This is not about making the Cherokee sound like a failed launch...it is about sharing information, while at the same time emphasizing that the manufacturer needs to be accountable for the product they produce. Yes, we know that the Cherokee is new, that it is not the same old design, etc., but I don't see that as being relevant to the discussion. As consumers, we have a right to expect first-rate engineering and QC when spending this much money on a new vehicle.
tptman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #21
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceg View Post
I know. The sales numbers are enough to tell me it's anything but a fail IMO. I think it's a great addition to Jeep's lineup. When I bought my Cherokee I bought it knowing that there was a possibility of issues... Those things happen with a newly designed vehicle. And I don't think Jeep took anything away from their brand with the Cherokee. It's a perfectly capable offroad vehicle. Sure, it isn't going to do what a Wrangler can do, but uh - Jeep never had that in mind with this vehicle.
It doesn't help that government mandates are forcing design choices which hurt the customer. But bureaucrats don't need to worry about the consumer.

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #22
bruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tptman View Post
Bruceg...If having thousands of testers will result in vehicles with issues, Chrysler needs to take a serious look at their overall QC process. You are essentially saying that the release of these vehicles is a roll of the dice. Unfortunately, unlucky consumers like me are on the losing side of that bet. I now have to spend time dealing with this while I continue to make monthly payments on a $35K car that I cannot drive. No matter how you slice it, this is unacceptable by any standards.

I am sure that many people reporting problems on this forum are doing so to obtain feedback and possibly some reassurance that their issues will be resolved. If others have experienced the same problems and have had them fixed, there is peace of mind in knowing that.

This is not about making the Cherokee sound like a failed launch...it is about sharing information, while at the same time emphasizing that the manufacturer needs to be accountable for the product they produce. Yes, we know that the Cherokee is new, that it is not the same old design, etc., but I don't see that as being relevant to the discussion. As consumers, we have a right to expect first-rate engineering and QC when spending this much money on a new vehicle.
I see what you're saying. I'm sure having one of the Cherokees having issues is frustrating, but that's the way it is. All newly designed vehicles have issues. This is nothing new. Any time a manufacturer releases a brand new vehicle there are problems at launch. It blows my mind that none of you understand this. This isn't something new or the first time a newly designed vehicle had issues at launch. Jeep is fixing the problems and will continue to fix problems anyone has. It isn't like they're telling anyone to go screw themselves with their problems. (As I've seen other manufacturers do when they don't want to own up to their vehicles' issues.) I understand it's frustrating. I really do. I owned a brand new $40,000 sports car that had issue after issue after issue. You know what? I never thought to myself "geez, I have to be the only unlucky person in the world who has vehicle issues with a brand new car."
bruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 02:49 PM   #23
tptman
2014 KL Cherokee 

Bruceg:....I have been around a long time and have purchased/leased many, many new cars at all price points. I get it...newly designed cars might have problems and I am not walking around thinking I am the only one having problems with my car. Am I pissed?...you betcha. My brand spanking new 2014 Cherokee Limited has been in the shop for over two weeks and despite the fact that the dealer has consulted with Chrysler's technical staff after opening a "star" case, the problems remain unresolved. They replaced parts and the issue is still there. They are now apparently looking for a loose ground or short in one of the circuits. To your point that "Jeep is fixing the problems", I don't see much fixing going on here. If they were truly concerned about customer satisfaction, they would have had a senior engineer on site by now to properly diagnose and put this issue to rest. So, I am making payments on a brand new car that has been in the shop longer than I have been able to drive it and things are not looking good in terms of a fix. To suggest that consumers should just accept the fact that all of this is normal for a newly designed vehicle is absolutely absurd. I think the forum members deserve a little more credit...we understand what you're saying, but are not naive enough to buy into it.
tptman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.