Music keeps cutting in and out from iPhone - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > Music keeps cutting in and out from iPhone

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 12-28-2013, 05:59 AM   #1
whitebomber

Music keeps cutting in and out from iPhone

Whenever I play music from my iPhone it keeps cutting in and out. Even if I set the phone right on the passenger seat.

It recognizes my phone just fine but really annoying with the cutting in and out. So bad I can't even listen to it that way. I've made a few phone calls through the phone, albeit short ones, and it didn't cut out.

I know the bluetooth is fine as I use it daily connecting to a big jambox ... no issues.

Anyone else experiencing this?

'90/'91 4dr Montero's - gone but not forgotten

Impulse eliminates planning ... that's a good thing
whitebomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
bruceg

Mine does the same damn thing. Aggravating as hell. Now I just use the auxiliary input cause I can't deal with the bluetooth cutting in and out...
bruceg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2013, 04:02 AM   #3
whitebomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceg View Post
Mine does the same damn thing. Aggravating as hell. Now I just use the auxiliary input cause I can't deal with the bluetooth cutting in and out...
Yes very frustrating. I keep trying it from time to time thinking maybe it will work and it does get the blood boiling. For now I'm using the USB stick which works great. Better in some ways because the "Browse" button is available for choosing specific albums etc.

I'm going to the dealer Monday and will stop by the service department to see if they have any information.

Unread 12-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
Darkwolf
2014 KL Cherokee 

I don't listen to music using the bluetooth, but I do stream some radio using it as the apps will not allow it to stream through the cable...only time it skips is when I receive an email or text...seems like it is trying to play the notification sound, but it doesn't come through.

Sound quality with bluetooth is poor compared to the cable, so I really prefer my music to be via USB.

Hope the dealer has some good news for you!
Darkwolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2014, 04:22 PM   #5
stormed

I have the same issue using bluetooth. I use bluetooth on my iPhone all the time and never had cut-out issues like this. It's only for half a second at most with mine, before it cuts back in; but it is still annoying. I updated my uConnect firmware to the latest release per forum suggestions. Now my steering wheel and console controls for skipping/returning to songs don't work. *Sigh*

Best of luck with your problem, let me know if your dealer comes up with a solution.
stormed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2014, 02:39 PM   #6
trenrut

Any update on this thread?? I am having a similar issue but instead my USB when connected to my iPhone running 7.04 the music cuts in and out the Bluetooth works great. The soft button also does not show as an option if the Bluetooth is activated. Called the uconnect customer support spoke with an upper tier supervisor "Sandy" (very helpful called back within 24 hours and on a Sunday). She agreed that there is an issue and to take it to the dealer.).

Has anyone loaded up an SD card? I'm trying to find a way to load audio books the only format that I've found works is .mP3 and .m4a most books I've seemed to download are .m4b and they are a non supported file any having the same issue.

Last does anyone know if the code is open source it would be nice to program the left side drivers center hard button to control siri.
trenrut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2014, 04:35 PM   #7
amber438
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenrut View Post
Any update on this thread?? I am having a similar issue but instead my USB when connected to my iPhone running 7.04 the music cuts in and out the Bluetooth works great. The soft button also does not show as an option if the Bluetooth is activated. Called the uconnect customer support spoke with an upper tier supervisor "Sandy" (very helpful called back within 24 hours and on a Sunday). She agreed that there is an issue and to take it to the dealer.).

Has anyone loaded up an SD card? I'm trying to find a way to load audio books the only format that I've found works is .mP3 and .m4a most books I've seemed to download are .m4b and they are a non supported file any having the same issue.

Last does anyone know if the code is open source it would be nice to program the left side drivers center hard button to control siri.
Just got my new jeep a few days ago and was wondering why my m4b audiobooks did not play. The solution for us is simply rename all the m4b to m4a and they will work fine. Sorry for the delayed response but, as I said, just got my new car a few days ago.
Cheers!!

Last edited by amber438; 03-28-2014 at 05:01 PM..
amber438 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2014, 05:29 PM   #8
whitebomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormed View Post
I have the same issue using bluetooth. I use bluetooth on my iPhone all the time and never had cut-out issues like this. It's only for half a second at most with mine, before it cuts back in; but it is still annoying. I updated my uConnect firmware to the latest release per forum suggestions. Now my steering wheel and console controls for skipping/returning to songs don't work. *Sigh*

Best of luck with your problem, let me know if your dealer comes up with a solution.
Took it in this week and they ordered a new radio. So we'll see...

Unread 04-03-2014, 04:53 AM   #9
whitebomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebomber View Post
Took it in this week and they ordered a new radio. So we'll see...
New radio installed but playing music from my iPhone still not great. I will say I think it's better. I keep my phone in my left front pocket and it just won't reliably play from there. With this radio though I'm at least able to put my phone in my front jacket pocket and no issues.

Not really familiar with how this connection works. Is there a BT antenna of some sort that could be positioned better. Or is a simply built in to the radio?

Unread 04-04-2014, 02:44 PM   #10
amber438
2014 WK 

You know, I complained to Chrysler about the m4b and m4a on my ipod and this is the quote I got from them. Maybe it also applies to Iphone? Dunno but is a possibility.

Quote:
Thank you for contacting the Jeep Customer Assistance Center.

I do apologize that you have experienced this issue with your vehicle and appreciate the time to bring this to our attention.
When it comes to using your iPod with the system, it will be a regular plug and play device; meaning all you would need to do is plug it in and it will play however if the device is not 100% compatible then this will cause issues. When it comes to the iPod unfortunately, it is not 100% compatible.
So there was my answer.
amber438 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2014, 03:58 AM   #11
whitebomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber438 View Post
You know, I complained to Chrysler about the m4b and m4a on my ipod and this is the quote I got from them. Maybe it also applies to Iphone? Dunno but is a possibility.

So there was my answer.
Hey thanks for the info. I'll have to try a friends android and see how that works. Interestingly I was playing around yesterday and it did play from my pocket without cutting out. So I can surely say the new radio is better to this point.

Also I was randomly getting a format unknown error, when using the USB for music. It would only happen when browsing and selecting a new album and again only randomly. So far this has not happened with the new radio.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.