Mpg 23.6 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > Mpg 23.6

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Reply
Unread 12-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #46
nomoremkx
Registered User
2014 KL Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 57
I know what the EVIC is but am lost on the FWIW and WK CRD and GDE. Please help.

nomoremkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #47
NHPATRIOT
Registered User
2014 KL Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Exeter, NH
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoremkx View Post
I know what the EVIC is but am lost on the FWIW and WK CRD and GDE. Please help.
FWIW = for what it's worth

WK CRD = Grand Cherokee(WK) w/ 3.0L Common Rail Diesel(CRD)

GDE = a performance tune by Green Diesel Engineering I 'think"
__________________
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Latitude
3.2L Pentastar V6
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 05:47 AM   #48
Zoramac
Registered User
2014 KL Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wyandotte, Michigan
Posts: 39
Update on my mpg issue, left my TH with the dealer Tuesday night, Wednesday they tested it and re-flashed the trans. Picked it up and as soon as i hit the highway it is now hitting 8th consistently and staying there above 60mph. my highway mileage @70 is now hitting mid to upper 20s on the ic. still need some longer term testing to make sure, but flashing seems to have fixed it or helped it at least.
__________________
2014 KL Trailhawk 3.2
2005 GTO
Zoramac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #49
NHPATRIOT
Registered User
2014 KL Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Exeter, NH
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoramac View Post
Update on my mpg issue, left my TH with the dealer Tuesday night, Wednesday they tested it and re-flashed the trans. Picked it up and as soon as i hit the highway it is now hitting 8th consistently and staying there above 60mph. my highway mileage @70 is now hitting mid to upper 20s on the ic. still need some longer term testing to make sure, but flashing seems to have fixed it or helped it at least.
Maybe they somehow missed yours when they were supposed to be doing all the reflashing before sending to the dealer?
__________________
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Latitude
3.2L Pentastar V6
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #50
Zoramac
Registered User
2014 KL Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wyandotte, Michigan
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPATRIOT View Post
Maybe they somehow missed yours when they were supposed to be doing all the reflashing before sending to the dealer?
Pretty much what I'd been saying from the beginning
__________________
2014 KL Trailhawk 3.2
2005 GTO
Zoramac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #51
davidevo50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 14
Hey guys, could some of you try to bypass the 8th gear limitation of the trany on the highway just by shifting into the 9th gear in manuel mode? To see If that could help the hw mpg?
davidevo50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #52
nomoremkx
Registered User
2014 KL Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 57
I get into 8th SOMETIMES above 70. Think I should take it in?
nomoremkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 06:04 AM   #53
NHPATRIOT
Registered User
2014 KL Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Exeter, NH
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoremkx View Post
I get into 8th SOMETIMES above 70. Think I should take it in?
I think you have the 2.4L in your Cherokee right?

As I recall reading on the 4 cyls they had to almost eliminate 8th and 9th because it didn't have the power to use them. Was part of all that reporgramming that was done that delayed release.

Could be wrong but it sure comes to mind that was one of the things I read they did. You could always take it in. That is what warranty is for. May not end up with anything being done but couldn't hurt.
__________________
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Latitude
3.2L Pentastar V6
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #54
nomoremkx
Registered User
2014 KL Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 57
Bought gas the other day. Results are:

14.580 gallons for 23.7 MPG in 11:34 hours. 306.8 miles
Total since new is 23.8 MPG for 66:56 hours and 1906.1 miles

Math works out to 21.04 MPG and the EVIC says 23.7... Both numbers suck...
nomoremkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #55
rebelbowtie
Frameless and Shameless
 
rebelbowtie's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Daphne, AL
Posts: 2,123
Does the tiger shark engine come equipped with a boost gauge? I feel bad for you guys with the small engine only getting 21mpg but I think part throttle boosting is what kills it, the factory tune is probably super rich to make sure it never detonates under load.
__________________
He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #56
dmill89
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
Does the tiger shark engine come equipped with a boost gauge? I feel bad for you guys with the small engine only getting 21mpg but I think part throttle boosting is what kills it, the factory tune is probably super rich to make sure it never detonates under load.
Why would it have a boost gauge? The Tigershark is naturally aspirated. No turbo engine is offered on the KL, just the NA 2.4L I4 (Tigershark) and the NA 3.2L V6 (Pentastar).
dmill89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #57
rebelbowtie
Frameless and Shameless
 
rebelbowtie's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Daphne, AL
Posts: 2,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmill89

Why would it have a boost gauge? The Tigershark is naturally aspirated. No turbo engine is offered on the KL, just the NA 2.4L I4 (Tigershark) and the NA 3.2L V6 (Pentastar).
I thought the tiger shark was turbo charged hence its name multi air and it replacing the Chrysler 2.4 World engine. My mistake, you can tell I don't follow these trends with the new KL just thought I could give some insight to the terrible mileage.
__________________
He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #58
dmill89
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
I thought the tiger shark was turbo charged hence its name multi air and it replacing the Chrysler 2.4 World engine. My mistake, you can tell I don't follow these trends with the new KL just thought I could give some insight to the terrible mileage.
Multi-Air is Fiat's new "throttle" control using the intake valves to meter air via solenoids rather than a traditional throttle-body/blade assembly. This is the major difference between the "Tigershark" and the "World Engines", minus the multi-air (and revised head and intake to accommodate it) they are pretty much the same engine underneath.
dmill89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #59
rebelbowtie
Frameless and Shameless
 
rebelbowtie's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Daphne, AL
Posts: 2,123
Well isn't this eye opening, here I was thinking they were forced induction all along
__________________
He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 02:41 AM   #60
Nalcyon
Registered User
2014 KL Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: HENDERSON, TX
Posts: 10
Five tanks of gas, and 1300 or so miles on v6 trailhawk. The best I've ever gotten was 21 mpg. I still love the vehicle but that mileage is not as advertised and I have yet to see 9th gear ever. 9 speed transmission makes no sense. Maybe if it had a final drive of 4.88 or something so you actually need all nine gears but the v6 shifts constantly from 8th to 76 5 and 4 while trying to hold 70.
Nalcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.