Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Going from a WK to a KL

3K views 54 replies 13 participants last post by  oregonwj 
#1 ·
Recently purchased an 05 WK and it's been good to me. Threw on some kumho ATs, and a tasteful ome 2 inch lift. Figure I'll have it till fall 2016 then it's time to upgrade. Unfortunately the technology isn't there no matter how much you mod. I'm loving the new v6 Cherokees.The dimensions seem very similar to a WK. I'll be getting the v6 limited or v6 TH.

Anyway, is there any thing I should know about switching to the Cherokee. Things I'll like? Things I'll mis from the "Grand"?

I would pick up a wk2 but I'm really keen on these new Cherokees. Plus if I got a wk2 I'd want a v8 and that's another discussion. :)

#52 ·
I'm not sure on those options. The link I posted is the kit I ordered. It came with everything needed. I will be honest,you need some mechanical know how to install them. You mount the power supplies with sticky tape provided,route the wires for left and right sides,drill a hole in the back covers that pop off the access headlight bulbs. Attach fuses to battery. The wheel well fwd sides have to be pulled out to get to the fog lights. You can cut the wheels all the way,then take out like four screws and pull back the plastic wheel well cover. I just took my wheels off and rotated my tires while changing them out. You have to mount the resistors to the body,they get very hot. I drilled a hole in each bracket at the hood struts.

#54 ·
Note: once the battery is disconnected then hooked back up. On the next four or five start ups,you will see some weird glitches on the driver display. One is 4wd temporarily unavailable. Don't worry about them,for some reason the computer gets stupid. Everything worked and I had no mechanical issues. Just some funky warnings. Then all was good,several other guys had this same issue as well.

#55 ·
Just as an added note.
My daughter in law had a wrangler.
One ride in my 2001 wj and she sold her wrangler and bought a wk grand cherokee.
I bought my wife a 2016 cherokee sport, which see loves and the daughter in law would like buy one in place of her Wk
Me, I still have my 2001 wj limited.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.