A few pics and some info on tire size - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > A few pics and some info on tire size

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
bruceg

A few pics and some info on tire size

For anyone with a Sport model wondering how big they can go on tire size, these are 28.5" tires (stock on the SPORT is 27.5") and I'm having NO rubbing. To be honest, it looks like I could have probably gone another inch and still not have rub issues, but I didn't want to push it that far not knowing for sure. A funny thing to note is that it took TWO FULL days before the TPMS came on after the new tires .(I'm not using any TPMS sensors in the new wheels and tires.) So, for anyone wondering, your Cherokee won't go into limp mode or any other crazy stuff you've probably never heard of if you don't opt for the TPMS sensors.

Now for a few pics. I just took these at work this morning since I didn't have time to take some at a better location. It WAS clean when I left my house, but I live down a long rock/dirt road and it's next to impossible to go down the entire road without hitting a puddle or something.

bruceg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
miketmx
2008 MK Patriot 

Nice pictures, what is actually different about the front ?facia? of the Trailhawk ?
miketmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
Sebaas

Nice pics. I will have mine in 2 weeks. I got the exact same wheels. But mine will be blue. Really like the "no chrome" idea.
Sebaas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
bruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebaas View Post
Nice pics. I will have mine in 2 weeks. I got the exact same wheels. But mine will be blue. Really like the "no chrome" idea.
Thanks man! Yeah, chrome isn't my thing. It's far too played out IMO. lol
Unread 12-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
Sebaas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceg
Thanks man! Yeah, chrome isn't my thing. It's far too played out IMO. lol
You ask jeep to remove chrome or what did you do to have it black like this?
Unread 12-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
bruceg

Quote:
You ask jeep to remove chrome or what did you do to have it black like this?
Used Plast Dip for the jeep and cherokee emblems and grill. Smoked or blacked out (whichever term you use) the lights using semi gloss clear coat mixed with a few drops of black paint.
Unread 12-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
Sebaas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceg
Used Plast Dip for the jeep and cherokee emblems and grill. Smoked or blacked out (whichever term you use) the lights using semi gloss clear coat mixed with a few drops of black paint.
You did a really good job!
Thanks for sharing
Unread 12-31-2013, 07:42 AM   #8
bruceg

Quote:
You did a really good job!
Thanks for sharing
Thank you.
Unread 01-06-2014, 10:32 PM   #9
msmith99
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Test drove a Latitude tonight and it's the nicest car we've test driven. I was really impressed. I really didn't like the looks of any of them in dark colors because the slot trim seemed gaudy. Then I started thinking about painting them black and then found your post. Looks great! REALLY considering getting one now.
msmith99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2014, 07:51 AM   #10
bruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith99 View Post
Test drove a Latitude tonight and it's the nicest car we've test driven. I was really impressed. I really didn't like the looks of any of them in dark colors because the slot trim seemed gaudy. Then I started thinking about painting them black and then found your post. Looks great! REALLY considering getting one now.
Yeah, painting the grill black and blacking out the lights really made the Cherokee look MUCH different. I don't remember if it's on this forum or Jeep Cherokee Club, but someone also did their grill black on a white Cherokee and that looked sick also. IMO it will look awesome on any color - simply because I think chrome is way too overdone these days. It's just nasty to me. lol
Unread 01-16-2014, 12:24 PM   #11
canadakelly

In canada we have the sport, North, Limited and trailhawk is the latitude the same as north?
canadakelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #12
miketmx
2008 MK Patriot 

In Canada the North has vs. Sport: 17" aluminum wheels, leather wrapped steering wheel, passenger in seat storage, power windows, integrated climate controls in touch screen radio, LED interior lighting, Serius satellite radio, Fog lamps, Body color mirrors door handles, Bright side window mouldings & roof rails, 115 volt power outlet, Deep tint privacy glass, 730 amp battery. In Canada you can get V6 engine on a Sport model.
miketmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #13
sfdxsm

2014 KL Cherokee 

Latitude is the same as the North, correct.
sfdxsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 07:36 PM   #14
canadakelly

Okay thanks I just had no idea when everyone's talking about the latitude model I ordered the 4 cycl limited with nav upgrade still waiting on delivery lol
canadakelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2014, 07:03 AM   #15
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

IF your state has any kind of vehicle inspection you will fail if the TPMS system is not working properly.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.