Dealers-Prices-& Options - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > Dealers-Prices-& Options

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 11-17-2013, 06:42 AM   #31
hogand

Oh, and I should add that the dealer closest to me told me their best price was $2200 off sticker (plus the $500 factory incentive), but they said at that price that the $395 documentation fee printed on their sales contract was non-negotiable. So Truecar saved me more than $1000.

hogand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #32
down2earth

price paid

Lattitude 4x4, quick order package 26J with 6 cyl, Uconnect 8.4, comfort convenience package.
OTD at 32400 - pretty close to KBB fair value price. about 1.8K below invoice incl 500$ rebate.
is it a reasonable deal?
down2earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #33
hyperhip

Off subject but my J10 & three years of work compared to standard J10. Brown one is mine the other is what they looked like from the factory
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/attac...-options-1.jpg
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/attac...8_jeep_j10.jpg
154_1208_01-piggy_the_pig_truck_part_2-1978_jeep_j10.jpg

1.jpg

hyperhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 06:10 AM   #34
shark715

Quote:
Originally Posted by down2earth View Post
Lattitude 4x4, quick order package 26J with 6 cyl, Uconnect 8.4, comfort convenience package.
OTD at 32400 - pretty close to KBB fair value price. about 1.8K below invoice incl 500$ rebate.
is it a reasonable deal?
What exactly does the $32,400 include? The factory invoice price of the car you specified is $30,518. What was the price you paid before sales tax and licensing and title costs that the dealer is paying to the state? That varies according to what state you're located in.
shark715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #35
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark715 View Post
What exactly does the $32,400 include? The factory invoice price of the car you specified is $30,518. What was the price you paid before sales tax and licensing and title costs that the dealer is paying to the state? That varies according to what state you're located in.
I agree there should be something more that is not listed for that price. Other packages/options like Towing or Cold Weather Group. The option prices have gone up a bit here recently I have noticed from when the B&P feature 1st came online but I still can't get to the OP's figures BEFORE any discounts or taxes and such never mind after as he has posted his price is. I get $30,680 for the vehicle the OP listed before destination fees, taxes, etc...

Latitude 4WD: $26,495
8.4 Nav Ready: $695
3.2L V6: $1495
C&C Package: $1995
Sub-Total: $30,680
Destination Fee: $995
Taxes: None( God Bless NH )
Total: $31,675( For me BEFORE any discounts like the current $500 rebate or other price reductions/negotiations with the dealer... )

Note - my local dealer has a couple of the 4WD Latitudes with the 26J quick order package like the OP got( all 26J does is add the 3 options listed above from what I see )that have the older option pricing. Sticker is $31,480( $30,485 + $995 DC ).

So all I can figure here is the OP's figure must include some kind of state sales tax that has bumped it so high. Maybe he is in Canada or something. Don't vehicles cost a lot more up there?
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #36
down2earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark715 View Post

break up is 29850 + NJ sales tax + new plates + doc fee.
should have got the cold weather package ...is it possible to add after market ... realized today that the leather steering got so cold after parking for sometime in the open.
Unread 11-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #37
hogand

Quote:
break up is 29850 + NJ sales tax + new plates + doc fee.
should have got the cold weather package ...is it possible to add after market ... realized today that the leather steering got so cold after parking for sometime in the open.
If I'm following you correctly, your sticker was $31,695, factory invoice was $30,518, and dealer cost was $29,567. With the $500 credit, theoretically you paid $783 (plus whatever the doc fee was, sounds as if it was about $300) over dealer cost. Sounds like that's pretty typical, although given that I paid $70 over dealer cost, I'm also thinking there is a factory to dealer incentive that we don't know about. What dealer did you purchase yours at?
Unread 11-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #38
hogand

Quote:
I would guess that the cost just to replace the steering wheel alone would exceed the $795 cost of the option package, and given that the seats, mirrors, and remote start are all tied together it might involve completely replacing the truck's wiring harness, which I would assume would entail a substantial labor cost. But maybe I'm wrong. Ask your dealer and let me know...very curious, thanks.
Unread 11-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #39
Shane1971

Just purchase my new Cherokee using USAA car circle/True Car pricing.
Limited 4x2
QOpackage 26
V6
Luxury group
Sun roof
9speaker with subwoofer
MSRP 34,860
True Car Estimate 31,890
Actually paid 30,000 OTD

The story..we asked for everything listed above with the exception of the luxury group which put the True Car estimate at 30,080. The dealer said they had our car and could have it in on Tuesday. Another dealer called and asked if we were still interested in it and we said we were with dealer X..I said we got a pretty good deal and if your going to beat it then it will need to be by more than 100. They said if we can get you OTD at 30? I said I needed to talk to the other dealer..so I called and asked if he could match the other dealership..he said sure. So he called on a monday we went over and picked it up. At the time we didn't know it had the extra feature we didn't request. The guy was like you have no idea how good of a deal your getting on this car..I was like yea it's a good deal..Once we got it home I looked it up again and learned it had the extra feature, so we basically got the car for about 2400 dollars under what True car estimated for the options on this model. We love the car so far..the only thing I dislike is it seems a little abrupt downshifting from 2nd to 1st..other than that..VERY happy!
Shane1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #40
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogand View Post
I would guess that the cost just to replace the steering wheel alone would exceed the $795 cost of the option package, and given that the seats, mirrors, and remote start are all tied together it might involve completely replacing the truck's wiring harness, which I would assume would entail a substantial labor cost. But maybe I'm wrong. Ask your dealer and let me know...very curious, thanks.
Would absolutely run way more than $795 to add it after. Just adding a remote start will be $300 +/-.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 11:31 PM   #41
cloose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfdxsm View Post
So I just checked out jeep.ca for our Northern neighbors and they have the ability to order Eco Green and Mango Orange! Jeep USA gave us the shaft! However they get charged for adding Red, Blue, Black, or Silver for some reason.

It also looks like they advertise better financing rates than America. 72mns @ 2.49% is credit union type stuff down here.
no dice!

the mango orange is on the website, but not in the dealer system up here, so can't order it if you wanted (I tried before being an "anvil" one fresh off the delivery truck)
cloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #42
hogand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane1971 View Post
Just purchase my new Cherokee using USAA car circle/True Car pricing.
Limited 4x2
QOpackage 26
V6
Luxury group
Sun roof
9speaker with subwoofer
MSRP 34,860
True Car Estimate 31,890
Actually paid 30,000 OTD

The story..we asked for everything listed above with the exception of the luxury group which put the True Car estimate at 30,080. The dealer said they had our car and could have it in on Tuesday. Another dealer called and asked if we were still interested in it and we said we were with dealer X..I said we got a pretty good deal and if your going to beat it then it will need to be by more than 100. They said if we can get you OTD at 30? I said I needed to talk to the other dealer..so I called and asked if he could match the other dealership..he said sure. So he called on a monday we went over and picked it up. At the time we didn't know it had the extra feature we didn't request. The guy was like you have no idea how good of a deal your getting on this car..I was like yea it's a good deal..Once we got it home I looked it up again and learned it had the extra feature, so we basically got the car for about 2400 dollars under what True car estimated for the options on this model. We love the car so far..the only thing I dislike is it seems a little abrupt downshifting from 2nd to 1st..other than that..VERY happy!
Which dealer did you buy from?
Unread 11-30-2013, 06:04 AM   #43
down2earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPATRIOT View Post
Would absolutely run way more than $795 to add it after. Just adding a remote start will be $300 +/-.
you are right... cold package cant be added later I'm making do with a steering whell cover which does the job fine.
Unread 12-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #44
sfdxsm

2014 KL Cherokee 

Yea for those of you in NJ who did you buy from? Hogand you're not too far from me and I'm looking within 50 miles from my area in Bridgewater.
sfdxsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #45
hyperhip

Off price subject but a story you might enjoy!

Salesman called me and tells me they just got a TrailHawk in he wanted me to see.

It's the first one the dealership had gotten and he thought it would be just the one I'd want.

I told him I'd meet him in front of the dealership a such and such of time and did he remember the rather careworn 1989 faded blue XJ Cherokee I drive.

He assured me he remembered my ride and he wanted some of the other salesmen to see my face when I saw his Bright Red beauty for the first time.

I told him fine, bring who he wanted.

I drove up in my XJ 200,000 mile, K&N cold air kit, free flow catalytic ,Gibson cat back exhaust, and 2 inch lift, 30.5 X 15 BFGoodrich TA tires. (no, still 30 Grand of rubber left.)

There were 5 salesmen out front. I pulled up and left the XJ running, rolled down all the windows, and promised them I'd pay for any damage I might do.

I locked up the brakes, left her in drive, floored the gas and left it that way for about 25-30 seconds.

When they stopped coughing and found someplace to stand out of the tire smoke I ask them.

Can the Bright Red KL Cherokee do that?

All but one just walked away shaking his head.

He insisted I prove to him that it really was an AMC 4.0L
under the hood.

True story, did it today, ya should have been there!

P.S. NO, the KL V6 would hardly chirp the tires.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.