Dealers-Prices-& Options - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > Dealers-Prices-& Options

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #16
hyperhip

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPATRIOT;17693017

FYI - the Trailhawk does not use the Active Drive II system. It has it's own( only available on TH models )called Active Drive Lock. It adds the ability to lock the rear axle which ADII does not plus it adds a ROCK option to the Selec-terrain knob as well as a climb assist option too.

Here are the AD systems...

[URL=http://s55.photobucket.com/user/gsthunder/media/Misc%20Car%20Stuff/ActiveDrive_zpsc600809a.jpg.html
[/URL]

Dude (can we still use that term?)
Thanks of the drive system info. I had noticed the difference in the Ads but I hadn't really connected one system to just the TH. I just thought my part-timers had kicked in again and never made the connection.

You would't know why the "orange" external paint is suddenly missing in action from the dealer order sheets would you? It wasn't that great but I kind of figured that if I was going to do this whole TH thing, I might as well sit down for the "Whole Experience".

Years ago Jeep offered a "milk chocolate" brown with small gold flecks. Sure looked good! The brown available on other models of jeep is kind of a "privy" brown. Not a fan.

Again, my store of info is better for your contribution.

Do you know what's strange about my J10 picture?
Really thought I'd be hung 'til death for the change.

hyperhip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #17
sfdxsm

2014 KL Cherokee 

Hmm that is weird the orange is no longer available. However, I know there are 2 more colors coming based on literature I saw flying around.

Eco Green is missing too. The brochure on jeep.com has it and the orange listed still. I really wanted the Green. I think that Orange and Cashmere are the two colors I saw as late availability. Might want to call Jeep if you're set on that color to see when it'll be out.

https://www.jeep.com/en/pdf/eBrochur...talog-2014.pdf

Colors are towards the bottom. Another odd thing is the literature again in some places as ADII is standard on the Limited or at least lends one to assume that when it marks it as a feature. Reality is it's not....hmm
sfdxsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #18
shark715

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfdxsm View Post
Why is AD2 losing any mileage? The only difference I am aware of is that is has a low setting...especially weird it loses it only at the highway level.
Maybe the transfer case on the AD2 is less efficient and causes the slight drop in mileage, and/or or perhaps that AD2 equipped vehicles have more ground clearance and are less aerodynamic?
shark715 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #19
sfdxsm

2014 KL Cherokee 

So I just checked out jeep.ca for our Northern neighbors and they have the ability to order Eco Green and Mango Orange! Jeep USA gave us the shaft! However they get charged for adding Red, Blue, Black, or Silver for some reason.

It also looks like they advertise better financing rates than America. 72mns @ 2.49% is credit union type stuff down here.
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #20
shark715

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPATRIOT View Post
FYI - the Trailhawk does not use the Active Drive II system. It has it's own( only available on TH models )called Active Drive Lock. It adds the ability to lock the rear axle which ADII does not plus it adds a ROCK option to the Selec-terrain knob as well as a climb assist option too.
Doesn't the Trailhawk merely use ADII (plus the locking rear axle)? Is it really a different transfer case?
Unread 11-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #21
starscream
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfdxsm View Post
Hmm that is weird the orange is no longer available. However, I know there are 2 more colors coming based on literature I saw flying around.

Eco Green is missing too. The brochure on jeep.com has it and the orange listed still. I really wanted the Green. I think that Orange and Cashmere are the two colors I saw as late availability. Might want to call Jeep if you're set on that color to see when it'll be out.

https://www.jeep.com/en/pdf/eBrochur...talog-2014.pdf

Colors are towards the bottom. Another odd thing is the literature again in some places as ADII is standard on the Limited or at least lends one to assume that when it marks it as a feature. Reality is it's not....hmm
Thaose pdfs are just electronic versions of printed brochures that were made months ago. I wouldn't trust them to be up to date with the latest offerings.
starscream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #22
starscream
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark715 View Post
Doesn't the Trailhawk merely use ADII (plus the locking rear axle)? Is it really a different transfer case?
You're correct, it's the same PTU but with the addition of the locker.

Differences in MPG between ADII on a Limited and a Trailhawk can probably be attrbuted to the increased ride height and the larger/heavier tires. Lift any Jeep and add bigger tires and the MPG goes nowhere but down.
starscream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #23
shark715

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
You're correct, it's the same PTU but with the addition of the locker.

Differences in MPG between ADII on a Limited and a Trailhawk can probably be attrbuted to the increased ride height and the larger/heavier tires. Lift any Jeep and add bigger tires and the MPG goes nowhere but down.
I think I also read somewhere that the Limited has panels on the bottom of the vehicle to make it more aerodynamic, and the Trailhawk does not as it has skid plates instead.
Unread 11-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #24
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark715 View Post
I didn't say it was a different PTU I said it was a different system only offered on TH models. It may be the ADII PTU but the TH models come with more features on the Selec-Terrain than ADII equipped models that goes beyond just the rear lock. Look at the info I posted above.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #25
shark715

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPATRIOT View Post
I didn't say it was a different PTU I said it was a different system only offered on TH models. It may be the ADII PTU but the TH models come with more features on the Selec-Terrain than ADII equipped models that goes beyond just the rear lock. Look at the info I posted above.
Right. I guess to be more clear I should have said "the ADII, plus the locking rear axle, plus the additional controls afforded by the locking rear axle".
Unread 11-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #26
hogand

Ordered our Limited 4x4 earlier today, black/black, V6, trailer tow, luxury and tech groups, speakers and sunroof. MSRP $39,315. I used truecar.com and paid $36,430 which is $2885 off MSRP and $1109 under Dealer Invoice, and is only $70 more than FWP (Factory Wholesale Price). For the dealer to sell for this close to cost, there MUST be some current factory to dealership incentives that I'm not aware of. I also got the $500 factory to customer incentive off the above price, so I'm actually paying only $35,930 plus state sales tax plus state title and registration. I have used truecar.com successfully in the past, although I have to point out that after confirming the price on the phone, this dealer tried to sneak in a $599 "administrative fee". After listening to the "all of our Truecar customers pay this fee" nonsense, I made somewhat of a scene in front of several other potential buyers, and walked out. The manager called me an hour later, apologized, and said they would honor the price agreed to on the phone. I told him that would be fine, but that I wanted to finish the paperwork directly with him, and not their sleazy internet salesperson...and he did keep his word.
hogand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #27
sfdxsm

2014 KL Cherokee 

Good to hear because I am using USAA which partners with Truecar and I'm seeing the same deals in my area. About 2-3k off MSRP with truecar and I'm going to pit 3 dealers against each other because they all are offering a variation on that range. I saw that $500 incentive too which I believe I heard was good until the end of the month. If I can get $3k off MSRP then this will be a good deal.

For anyone who has USAA, if you use their truecar (called USAA buying program or something) feature, there's an interest rate discount (on top of automatic payment discount) which if it gets maxed out would equal 1.25% off your interest rate. I don't think it'll be that high but the minimum discount between auto payments and car buying service is .50%. Which is great; especially if you qualify for something like 1.99%. That turns your rate into a possible 1.45% or even lower.
Unread 11-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #28
shark715

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogand View Post
only $70 more than FWP (Factory Wholesale Price). For the dealer to sell for this close to cost, there MUST be some current factory to dealership incentives that I'm not aware of.
Sounds like you did very well, congrats! I agree, there must be some other current incentive to the dealers. No way is a dealer going to order you a car with a $70 markup. I have repeatedly heard that Chrysler will often offer dealers an additional per unit incentive if the dealer orders more than an established dollar volume of factory orders within a given month, and the bonus is typically $500-$1000 per vehicle. Everyone needs to realize that "Dealer Invoice" with Chrysler products does not mean dealer cost.
Unread 11-17-2013, 07:10 AM   #29
shark715

Hogand, how far away from you was the dealer that true.car directed you to?
Unread 11-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #30
hogand

Actually True.car gave me price quotes from three dealers. The Jeep dealer closest to me was not included, but the dealer with the lowest of the three prices was the dealer second closest to me, about 10 miles away, not bad. That's where I bought the truck. The second quote was exactly $1000 higher, and the third quote was slightly higher than that. All three dealers that quoted were within 25 miles of me.
hogand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.