Anyone upgrade their 8.4a to navigation? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > Anyone upgrade their 8.4a to navigation?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 12-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
JDThird

Anyone upgrade their 8.4a to navigation?

When I was ready to purchase, the only limited that had the options I wanted in my state was the one I got - but it didn't have the AN radio, just the A. Since I'm in Wisconsin, I didn't want to replace the bald tires on my Juke to stay on the road once the snows started hitting, so I figured I'd rather upgrade it myself later and get the jeep NOW rather than wait and see what would become available, since the dealer options have been quite limited as far as what they were receiving.

The only downside for me is the A upgrade won't get me the 3D cities that the AN comes with due to the lack of RAM and such in the Radio, but since I live in South East Wisconsin, there isn't anywhere I'd be using that anyway.

My rebate check from the Juke's gap insurance will cover the nav upgrade, so it's not costing me anything out of pocket if I do so, depending on how you look at it. I hate separate nav devices, I hate having things stuck on the dash or the window (I don't even bother with my radar detector in the new Jeep now), so the in dash nav is the preference for me, even if I lose advanced features that I could have in a hand held Garmin or something. For me it's more about having a map in crap weather, such as fog and such, so I can see where the road is turning ahead of me, or where the side road I need to turn on is, when visibility is abysmal.

Has anyone done the upgrade to an 8.4a yet? Just wondering if anyone had, how the system performed?

Thanks for any input

John

JDThird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
priell3
2014 KL Cherokee 

I have not.
2003 KJ
2000 XJ
priell3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
JeepGC6855
2014 WK 

I have added the Navigation to my Grand Cherokee and it works great, very pleased with it. (same radio as in your Cherokee) I'm thinking about replacing my wife's Juke with the new Cherokee, but will probably wait until next year.
JeepGC6855 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
JDThird

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGC6855 View Post
I have added the Navigation to my Grand Cherokee and it works great, very pleased with it. (same radio as in your Cherokee) I'm thinking about replacing my wife's Juke with the new Cherokee, but will probably wait until next year.
Thanks for the feedback!

John
Unread 12-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #5
JDThird

Got it done this morning - was setting up an appointment to reflash the transmission in 10 days, and asked if they'd have time to do this quick for me today while I was there. Took 'em about 15 minutes, I was in and out.

I'm very impressed with this navigation package, absolutely blown away comparing it to my 2012 Juke or what I had in my Smart Car before that. Works and looks awesome on that nice big screen.
Unread 12-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDThird View Post
Got it done this morning - was setting up an appointment to reflash the transmission in 10 days, and asked if they'd have time to do this quick for me today while I was there. Took 'em about 15 minutes, I was in and out.

I'm very impressed with this navigation package, absolutely blown away comparing it to my 2012 Juke or what I had in my Smart Car before that. Works and looks awesome on that nice big screen.
How much did they hit you up for it and was it just a flash or did it also include some hard parts?
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #7
JDThird

595 (I didn't mind, I used the gap refund from my trade to pay for it so it didn't cost me anything out of pocket essentially) and no parts, just the codes to install the app.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.