Am I getting a fair price? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > Am I getting a fair price?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 01-03-2014, 01:33 AM   #1
austinindallas

Am I getting a fair price?

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/window...PJLDS0EW103898

that is the window sticker.
incase it doesnt work...

limted base price: 27,995
3.2l v6 : 1,495
uconnect nav: 795
destination: 995
sticker: 31,280

They said they would do 27900 (including destination)

After all the fees and taxes its at $$29,958.46$$

Just wondering if I should hold out for a better deal, or call it a day and sign? ANY advice is greatly appreciated!

austinindallas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 08:02 AM   #2
sfdxsm

2014 KL Cherokee 

Yes that is a pretty good deal. Factory invoice is $30,134. The 1% below invoice you can get with would be $29832. Truecar estimates the dealers near me would sell this same care for $28,600. So you're another $700 cheaper than the best Truecar price here.

Check out Truecar.com to see if any other dealers in your area have a better price but yes that's a pretty good offering.
sfdxsm is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
stormed

Man, I am so jealous of Americans sometimes. I live in Canada and just bought a North(Latitude in the US) 4wd 2.4L w/ 8.4A uConnect, no additional packages or features. I couldn't find a dealer that would go lower than 32,500. After taxes it comes to $36,400 CAD, which is $34,280 USD. So, for a Limited 4WD 3.2L, $30,000 sounds like an excellent deal to me! Given my research in both markets, I doubt you could haggle down more than another $400-$500 and it probably isn't worth the hassle. There is no form of shopping I hate more than dealing with dealerships. Hell, buying a house was less painfull.
stormed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 12:00 PM   #4
EllisWyatt
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormed View Post
Man, I am so jealous of Americans sometimes. I live in Canada and just bought a North(Latitude in the US) 4wd 2.4L w/ 8.4A uConnect, no additional packages or features. I couldn't find a dealer that would go lower than 32,500. After taxes it comes to $36,400 CAD, which is $34,280 USD. So, for a Limited 4WD 3.2L, $30,000 sounds like an excellent deal to me! Given my research in both markets, I doubt you could haggle down more than another $400-$500 and it probably isn't worth the hassle. There is no form of shopping I hate more than dealing with dealerships. Hell, buying a house was less painfull.
Why is it different in Canada? Are there fewer dealers and less competition for your business?
EllisWyatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 11:57 AM   #5
stormed

I'm not entirely sure of the reason behind the price difference. I have heard different answers stating taxes/duties and dealer profit margins. The price difference is quite significant though - to the point where Canadians living close to the border will simply buy their vehicles in the U.S. This presents warranty concerns to anyone that isn't close driving distance to the U.S. dealership though, so not everyone does it.
stormed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 04:31 PM   #6
bruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormed View Post
I'm not entirely sure of the reason behind the price difference. I have heard different answers stating taxes/duties and dealer profit margins. The price difference is quite significant though - to the point where Canadians living close to the border will simply buy their vehicles in the U.S. This presents warranty concerns to anyone that isn't close driving distance to the U.S. dealership though, so not everyone does it.
Here in the US (or I know here in Louisiana, anyway) ANY Jeep dealer can do warranty work on your vehicle, regardless of whether you bought it from them or not. Is this not the case in Canada?
bruceg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2014, 01:18 AM   #7
cloose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceg View Post
Here in the US (or I know here in Louisiana, anyway) ANY Jeep dealer can do warranty work on your vehicle, regardless of whether you bought it from them or not. Is this not the case in Canada?
Within Canada yes, but he's talking about purchasing a US model and taking it across the border....no warranty in another country.
cloose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2014, 06:54 AM   #8
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinindallas View Post
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/window...PJLDS0EW103898

that is the window sticker.
incase it doesnt work...

limted base price: 27,995
3.2l v6 : 1,495
uconnect nav: 795
destination: 995
sticker: 31,280

They said they would do 27900 (including destination)

After all the fees and taxes its at $$29,958.46$$

Just wondering if I should hold out for a better deal, or call it a day and sign? ANY advice is greatly appreciated!
$27900 sounds like a very good deal to me.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.