8.4A Nav Issues( Losing GPS Signal ) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > 8.4A Nav Issues( Losing GPS Signal )

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **ENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTIEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-12-2014, 06:13 PM   #1
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

8.4A Nav Issues( Losing GPS Signal )

I had Nav activated in my Cherokee this morning at the dealer and had some problems with it after. It loses GPS signal and then tells me I am miles away from where I am. Happened to me 2X's today.

It takes a good 15 minutes when you start up after it has been off a bit to acquire signal. Totally unacceptable. At one point the map had me going west in a town 15+ miles from where I actually was AND I was actually going east! A GPS should take no more than 30 seconds to a minute max to get signal.

I hope now that it has run a bit that this issue will go away. If not it is back to the dealer. When it did have signal it worked well at least. Have any of you experienced this issue? I hope it goes away or there is a flash or upgrade to fix it. If not Chrysler owes me $600.

Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2014, 01:28 AM   #2
RogueWanderer

How did this turn out? Did the signal issues go away?
RogueWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2014, 06:03 AM   #3
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

It hasn't happened to me again. It seems to have corrected itself BUT it does take upwards of say 2 minutes after it has sat for quite a while( overnight+ )to find the signal again. It does find it ok now though and it has not lost it once acquired if there is no power off situation. Short periods of time with the power off and it keeps signal.

Not perfect but world's better now than vs how it was at first.

There is actually a TSB out with a new firmware update from Dec 2103 that addresses the issues I had and many, many, more relating to the various things controlled by the 8.4 head unit. It hasn't been done yet but the dealer is going to do it the next time I am in.

TSB: 08-049-13 REV. G
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/Misc/Cheroke...08_049_13g.pdf
Active Drive I
Unread 03-16-2014, 08:28 PM   #4
sanmy1412

Speaking ,of nav issues....

When searching a city... like the city I happen to live in... after you type the first couple of letters it automatically brings up a lusting of two or three cities..... but not mine.

And I can't find a way to have it let me put the whole city in?

And when you put in just an address.... is there any way to get it to sort of he address by distance from where you ate? I live in Mass.... and it starts with street listings in the Midwest.....
sanmy1412 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
chartx

BTW does NAV needs yearly subscription? What is the fee if so?
chartx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2014, 05:23 AM   #6
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartx View Post
BTW does NAV needs yearly subscription? What is the fee if so?
No. Once you pay for it you are done paying. Map updates will cost however.
Active Drive I

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.