1 Day Old, Transmission Issues - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > 1 Day Old, Transmission Issues

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGibson WK HEMI 3" Catback - 5 Day Special!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Reply
Unread 03-20-2014, 10:17 AM   #121
shocker99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 1
One thing i've learned from working at a dealership. Never buy the first production year vehicle. Buy the second year after they have time to work out the major issues. Unless you have a Chevy, wait 10 years.

shocker99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2014, 10:07 PM   #122
cherrybomb05
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,109
Seriously people get back on topic instead of bashing other brands. It's getting ridiculous.
__________________
07 WK
10 JKUR
11 JKR
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2015, 04:54 PM   #123
jsteward
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1
Add me to the Cherokee Latitude transmission issue

I just got back from having my less-than 1 year old 2014 Cherokee Latitude towed to the dealer. Had it back to the shop 3 times for minor software updates and a recall which I thought were just minor annoyances, but today the transmission shut down while doing 65 on a major interstate. It was dangerous trying to get to the shoulder before I lost all acceleration as people fought to get around me. As soon as I got home, I checked the forum. This is a great asset for information - I'm glad you guys share info. I'm heading back to talk to the dealer tomorrow and I've got good background info thanks to all of you. I'll file a report asap.
jsteward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2015, 05:21 PM   #124
Brassmonkey
Registered User
2014 KL Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , OH
Posts: 220
Go for the lemon law. I got fully reimbursed for my trailhawk.
Brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2015, 09:01 AM   #125
NHJeepOwner
Registered User
2014 KL Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: , NH
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassmonkey View Post
Go for the lemon law. I got fully reimbursed for my trailhawk.
Agree. I had to do the same. It was unfortunate, but I just did not have the time to spend at the dealership dealing with the same issues and I was very nervous about how these issues would affect the longevity of the vehicle and what it would do to my resale value down the road.
NHJeepOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2015, 09:29 AM   #126
BFJeep
Registered User
2014 KL Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Beacon Falls, CT
Posts: 11
After a year with my 2014, there is still an issue in the tranny. While it no longer stalls out, it still hesitates at 65mph. I have 23,000 miles on this car, love the drive, but still wince every time it hits that 7 to 8th gear at 65mph.
BFJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2015, 07:38 AM   #127
strman
Registered User
2015 KL Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocker99 View Post
One thing i've learned from working at a dealership. Never buy the first production year vehicle. Buy the second year after they have time to work out the major issues. Unless you have a Chevy, wait 10 years.
Forget that theory with a Jeep. I waited until the second year on my Trailhawk for those very reasons and I still ended up with a defective Transmission.
strman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2015, 07:37 PM   #128
Katmandu
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteward View Post
I'll file a report asap.
What did you find out ?
__________________
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
- 2014 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4
- 2012 Jeep Liberty Latitude 4x4 - gone
- 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade Rocky Mountian Edition - gone
Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2015, 11:13 PM   #129
jeep8492
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Torrington, Ct
Posts: 16
All these threads have new buyers sensitized to problems. I know that is not the intention, but it does have an effect. I got my KL today at noon, and the engine quit at every red light on the way back to work. I was almost going to turn it around and bring it back to the dealer LOL. No clunking, no sign of problems at 71 miles.

Anyhow Clay at zellermotors dot com is the man for over $1500 off the Max Care Unlimited Time/Miles $100 deductible plan compared to the mopar web site. So far thats a Mopar thule bar set, some weather tech mats, unlimited transmission changes and plenty left over if I happened to get a car with issues.
jeep8492 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2015, 10:34 AM   #130
quadpit
Junior Member
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Xenia, OH
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep8492 View Post
All these threads have new buyers sensitized to problems. I know that is not the intention, but it does have an effect. I got my KL today at noon, and the engine quit at every red light on the way back to work. I was almost going to turn it around and bring it back to the dealer LOL. No clunking, no sign of problems at 71 miles.

Anyhow Clay at zellermotors dot com is the man for over $1500 off the Max Care Unlimited Time/Miles $100 deductible plan compared to the mopar web site. So far thats a Mopar thule bar set, some weather tech mats, unlimited transmission changes and plenty left over if I happened to get a car with issues.
Just curious if you have the Stop/Start (ESS) feature disabled? I have heard some commenting that their ESS was faulty causing this issue also.
quadpit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2015, 09:07 AM   #131
BFJeep
Registered User
2014 KL Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Beacon Falls, CT
Posts: 11
Did it again!

After a year and 25,000 miles, my latitude failed at ~60 MPH again as I drove down RT8 in CT. Have been noticing "hesitation " at that speed again, but always corrected itself before today. Met a nice tow driver. Is that a plus?

Towed to original dealer and they blessed me with a minivan, not a Jeep, for the weekend. I told them I wanted a new car, that they could keep this one as I no longer trust this vehicle. Of course they laughed it off and were consoling that I had a problem with this car. That they will get to the bottom of the issue and fix it once and for all. I laughed.

Sending message to CT AG that some one needs to investigate Jeep and this issue before someone dies.
BFJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2015, 09:12 AM   #132
zander21510
Retro Tech Master
 
zander21510's Avatar
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFJeep View Post
After a year and 25,000 miles, my latitude failed at ~60 MPH again as I drove down RT8 in CT. Have been noticing "hesitation " at that speed again, but always corrected itself before today. Met a nice tow driver. Is that a plus?

Towed to original dealer and they blessed me with a minivan, not a Jeep, for the weekend. I told them I wanted a new car, that they could keep this one as I no longer trust this vehicle. Of course they laughed it off and were consoling that I had a problem with this car. That they will get to the bottom of the issue and fix it once and for all. I laughed.

Sending message to CT AG that some one needs to investigate Jeep and this issue before someone dies.
I'm almost wishing mine fails again at this point...I have no faith in this bastard Fiat with the Jeep Cherokee irreverently slapped on it. I'm getting it back for the third time today with the dealership saying they just did some reset or flash, when I have video evidence of bad clunking sounds from my dash cam.

After number 4, I can claim lemon law and make them take it back.

Never buying a Fiat designed car again...which sadly will be the entire Jeep lineup soon...
__________________
zander21510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2015, 04:22 PM   #133
strman
Registered User
2015 KL Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 82
"with the dealership saying they just did some reset or flash, "

Let us know after a few days of testing, what this "reset" does. My second one seemed to improve things for a few days until I had thoroughly tested it. "4WD temporarily unavailable" still lights up on the beach and the car still is in the wrong gear quite often, especially below 7mph. I can tell from what I am feeling that this car would still be awful in the mountains where you need it to shift down on demand.
strman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2015, 01:49 AM   #134
jeep8492
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Torrington, Ct
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadpit View Post
Just curious if you have the Stop/Start (ESS) feature disabled? I have heard some commenting that their ESS was faulty causing this issue also.
No, actually the point of my post was that I was unaware of ESS and that everything was working fine.

Everything is still working fine. There is a switch on the control panel to disable ESS, but I have grown to like it.
jeep8492 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2015, 10:03 AM   #135
zander21510
Retro Tech Master
 
zander21510's Avatar
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,103
Apparently there was something wrong with the intake. They're replacing it now. Something about the valves...hope that fixes it.
__________________
zander21510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.