1 Day Old, Transmission Issues - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > 1 Day Old, Transmission Issues

Bestop underseat lock boxes @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 Door Black Cargo Net (

Unread 01-22-2014, 08:37 PM   #76
dahreno

If you actually read what I said, it was only a remark. I was never butt hurt at all.What is wrong with you people.If someone just remarks on something you think they are upset ?Why would I be upset about a vehicle I don't even own ?

dahreno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 12:25 PM   #77
quadpit
2003 WJ 

I was seriously considering purchasing a new Trail Hawk this summer as I would like to drive to Colorado on vacation and visit my old Rocky Mountain trails I used to enjoy years ago but decided to wait a year since this is a first-year model and certain to have some growing pains. (also concerns about being able to pay for it) If you look at all of the NEW technology, which on paper looks brilliant, you have to expect some unexpected issues to crop up especially with this new transmission. I am not defending Jeep here but every first-year model of anything in automotive history deals with issues and with so many computer-controlled and linked sensors it scares the heck out of me to think about servicing one of these new Cherokees. Give them some time and I think it will all be straightened out but I feel your pain in purchasing a 30k plus vehicle to only have it sit in the shop. A good dealership, or salesperson, should be lending their vehicle to you immediately no questions asked. I really hope they fix the issues, and my income increases by next year, so I can enjoy my new Trail Hawk with the rest of you. :-)
quadpit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 02:06 PM   #78
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

There is a new trailhawk at my dealership with an msrp of 40,000 dollars.

I'd rather have a JK rubicon.
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 10:16 PM   #79
sanmy1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmitchell View Post
There is a new trailhawk at my dealership with an msrp of 40,000 dollars.

I'd rather have a JK rubicon.
That's almost half of what I paid for where I live......
sanmy1412 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 05:29 PM   #80
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmy1412 View Post
That's almost half of what I paid for where I live......
U must be crazy.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2014, 08:23 PM   #81
sanmy1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post

U must be crazy.
Why's that?

I'm just a bit surprised at 40,000 for a a loaded up Cherokee...... all things considered... in my world that's alot of cash in comparison to other things

I'd hope it would be issue free from the dealer...
sanmy1412 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2014, 07:20 AM   #82
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmy1412 View Post

Why's that?

I'm just a bit surprised at 40,000 for a a loaded up Cherokee...... all things considered... in my world that's alot of cash in comparison to other things

I'd hope it would be issue free from the dealer...
If 40 grand is half of what you paid that means almost 80 grand.....which is crazy.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2014, 02:33 PM   #83
rawdin
2014 KL Cherokee 

Transmissions/mainframe

I had what I thought transmission problems, last week noticed my 2014 Cherokee Limited, with less than 3K miles. was driving rough. Then I was driving down the road, rpms went up and mph went down. Drove straight to my dealership. They did give me a loaner. I was thinking transmission problems but I just spoke to the technician who said the following: fuel module, control module, exterior module and mainframe. He said two modules (control and exterior) were not wanting to talk to each other correctly. He said they are going to do more tests. Fingers crossed its not a lemon!
rawdin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2014, 04:58 PM   #84
1dzlwk
2007 WK 

Don't feel too bad. The new C7 Corvette launch is not going trouble-free, either...and a lot of those cars are going for over $70,000.
Unread 01-31-2014, 06:05 PM   #85
Redbob
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceg View Post
Yep. I agree. It's not that hard to understand.

Thousands of other Cherokees out there are having no problems.
A small handful have issues and everyone freaks out. lol
FWIW, about a week ago Chrysler fired the VP of transmissions and a couple of his highest ranking minions over this KL transmission issue. Does that sound like it's a minor issue? And the lemon law attorney/vultures are already circling.
Redbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2014, 09:34 PM   #86
clew
2014 KL Cherokee 

It does sound minor if there is no recall. Someone sure is jealous to come trolling owners of a vehicle he has no interest in. Poor lil buddy.
clew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2014, 02:32 AM   #87
909dude

FWIW

I went to my local Jeep dealer to look at a Limited Cherokee. They don't have any in stock, and there are only a few at surrounding dealers. When the salesman looked into ordering one, the computer indicated that they are UNABLE to place an order for any Cherokee with the Active Drive II package. I guess I'm going to wait until next year. I really wanted one to two behind my motor home. Oh well.
909dude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #88
clew
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909dude View Post
FWIW

I went to my local Jeep dealer to look at a Limited Cherokee. They don't have any in stock, and there are only a few at surrounding dealers. When the salesman looked into ordering one, the computer indicated that they are UNABLE to place an order for any Cherokee with the Active Drive II package. I guess I'm going to wait until next year. I really wanted one to two behind my motor home. Oh well.
Per other forums, its a seat issue on LTDs only. Shouldn't be too long before that's resolved.
Unread 02-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #89
909dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by clew View Post
Per other forums, its a seat issue on LTDs only. Shouldn't be too long before that's resolved.
That's not what I saw in the computer. Customers can order LTD's, just not ones with the 27G package that simply means the AD II option.
909dude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #90
clew
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909dude View Post
That's not what I saw in the computer. Customers can order LTD's, just not ones with the 27G package that simply means the AD II option.
Ok. Any ideas why? I'd assume if it affected ADII it would also affect THs with the ADL also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.