1 Day Old, Transmission Issues - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > 1 Day Old, Transmission Issues

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 01-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #61
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfdxsm View Post
I looked around when I had my transmission issues. I think I counted 7-10 people. That's out of 25,000 cars they sold.
How many of the 25,000 do you think are on this or other Jeep forums reporting this issue ?

- 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade Rocky Mountian Edition - gone
Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 05:20 PM   #62
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
Based on what facts ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
I'm confident that the percentage of new KLs with issues is overall very small.
None whatsoever, personal opinion. Nor did I claim it anything else.
Are you feeling a little butthurt?

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
ENTER your jeep in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest here!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #63
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
None whatsoever, personal opinion. Nor did I claim it anything else.
No, you stated it based on no facts.

[QUOTE=chris87xjAre you feeling a little butthurt? [/QUOTE]No, you were nice and used KY!
Unread 01-18-2014, 10:27 PM   #64
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
No, you stated it based on no facts.
I typically don't back up my opinions with whys. Rarely does the need justify the effort, so it'd be kinda silly. But feel free to disagree, it won't hurt my feelings.

COTY 2009
Quote:
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
Unread 01-18-2014, 11:53 PM   #65
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I typically don't back up my opinions with whys. Rarely does the need justify the effort, so it'd be kinda silly. But feel free to disagree, it won't hurt my feelings.
Good. Now stop going around trying to hurt people's butts.
Unread 01-19-2014, 07:31 AM   #66
bruceg

Quote:
Based on what facts ?
What facts do you have that make you think otherwise?
Because I agree with him 100%. I guarantee you the Cherokees with issues is a tiny percent of the ones out there.
bruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 08:10 AM   #67
Jeppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceg View Post
What facts do you have that make you think otherwise?
Because I agree with him 100%. I guarantee you the Cherokees with issues is a tiny percent of the ones out there.
guarantee? what, you got your own service department now????
Black Hood Decal
MFG build date 10/13
Black Keys all the way up on the stereo:
"Well my Next-Jeep, be nothin' like my Ex-Jeep"
Jeppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 11:20 AM   #68
dahreno

No, I have never put a modern car together and you haven't either.
However , millions have been put together without any problems. And to the other moron who commented on my post, you call your new car taking a dump @ 60 on the freeway a bug? Now who is delusional. I would call a bug the dome light not working or something minor, not your new car taking a dump on the freeway at 60. Obviously you have been raised with the expectation of new things having problems or breaking down, maybe you are young. I was raised at a time where when you bought something new, you had the expectation that because it was new, you would not have any problems. Isn't that why you buy new? Who here buys a car expecting there to be a problem ?
dahreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 11:57 AM   #69
car96

How do you know the manufacture date of your Cherokee and how do you know what transmission software is running in your car right now?
car96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 10:25 PM   #70
chartx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahreno View Post
I was raised at a time where when you bought something new, you had the expectation that because it was new, you would not have any problems. Isn't that why you buy new? Who here buys a car expecting there to be a problem ?
That's the most BS statement I heard for a while. Their only promise to you is to fix problems; if they can't fix it, you can go after lemon law.

Why do you think there are so many recalls for millions of cars every each year?

You must be naive to believe a newly designed car would be problem free for all customers for the first year. It just doesn't work out that way.

You picked the short straw while thousands enjoy their vehicle as of now. Otherwise, Jeep wouldn't sell more vehicles for few weeks before fixing it .

I would be more concerned if they don't make reasonable attempt to fix your problem, give you a nice leased vehicle while it is in shop.
chartx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #71
bruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartx View Post
That's the most BS statement I heard for a while. Their only promise to you is to fix problems; if they can't fix it, you can go after lemon law.

Why do you think there are so many recalls for millions of cars every each year?

You must be naive to believe a newly designed car would be problem free for all customers for the first year. It just doesn't work out that way.

You picked the short straw while thousands enjoy their vehicle as of now. Otherwise, Jeep wouldn't sell more vehicles for few weeks before fixing it .

I would be more concerned if they don't make reasonable attempt to fix your problem, give you a nice leased vehicle while it is in shop.
Yep. I agree. It's not that hard to understand.

Thousands of other Cherokees out there are having no problems.
A small handful have issues and everyone freaks out. lol
Unread 01-22-2014, 10:24 AM   #72
dahreno

To the two morons that copied my statement, I don't own one of these pieces of junk. Again, like I said "when I was raised". I am an old fart and when I was raised things were made to last , not with an expectation to break new.Why is that so hard to understand. I can only assume that you guys are young and were raised at a time where all new items have a life expectancy. I feel sorry for you.
dahreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 02:13 PM   #73
chartx

Quote:
To the two morons that copied my statement, I don't own one of these pieces of junk. Again, like I said "when I was raised". I am an old fart and when I was raised things were made to last , not with an expectation to break new.Why is that so hard to understand. I can only assume that you guys are young and were raised at a time where all new items have a life expectancy. I feel sorry for you.

So you are having butthurt for a vehicle you don't even have, incredible by any means.
chartx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #74
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

I like buying something; taking care of it, and keeping it for a long time because the real payoff comes once you've already got your money's worth out of it and it's still working. I've come to realize though that with the exponentially increasing rate at which technology evolves, that's no longer practical or logical for many things. If modern phone becomes an outdated antique in two years, who really needs one that lasts five. For better or worse, we've become a disposable society.

COTY 2009
Quote:
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #75
bruceg

Quote:

Seriously. You're butt hurt as hell over something you don't even own. Lolpleasego.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.