1 Day Old, Transmission Issues - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > 1 Day Old, Transmission Issues

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-11-2014, 08:00 PM   #46
Napoleon1982

Of course nobody is forcing me to buy a KL Just that I was very excited for this model to come out and was truly hoping for a smooth rollout (one so I could buy with confidence and two, to shut up all the people sh*t talking before it even came out). I read about one transmission problem and said, meh it happens. Then two. Then three. And on and on. When I went to test drive the KL 2 weeks ago, I saw 3 different people come in during the hour I was there complaining about their new KL's.

I just feel that they rushed this rollout a little bit. I have no doubt Jeep will work out the issue, but I think they dug themselves a BIG hole by selling vehicles that I think they even know had a high probability of having problems (but hoped for the best).

Also, it seems that the Jeep dealerships are not handling the problem well. When someone brings in a brand new model with a failed transmission, they SHOULD immediately put that customer in a nice loaner (not an economy rental, a nice new loaner) without question. Afterall, these people are paying money on a beautiful new vehicle, they should be placed in one until theirs returns from repair.

Napoleon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #47
taseal
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Funny I came to this section of the forum to ask what kind of deal I can score with the jeep cherokee.

Changed my mind. GC is too much $$ for us to lease and this is full of problems. Looks like no jeep for us
Unread 01-14-2014, 09:19 PM   #48
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

My dealership has sold 6 KL trailhawks so far. I am a technician, but just barely. (I'm very new haha)
I haven't seen any come back yet, but I work in the trans shop so I will post if I see anything. My team leader is a master transmission tech, Chrysler trained.
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2014, 09:39 PM   #49
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Congrats on the new job srmitchell.

I'm confident that the percentage of new KLs with issues is overall very small.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Enter your jeep in the ROctober Cherokee Of The Month contest!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2014, 06:50 AM   #50
bruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
I don't know why more people can't seem to get this through their thick skulls. I guarantee you the Cherokees with issues is a tiny fraction of the ones out there with NO issues.
The difference is the guys having zero issues with theirs (like myself) aren't out posting a thread about it every day.
bruceg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2014, 08:38 AM   #51
sfdxsm

2014 KL Cherokee 

Exactly. I unfortunately joined the issue pool this week but literally the problem was solved by my local dealer in 5 hours. 5 hours I didn't have my car. First world problems. I looked around when I had my transmission issues. I think I counted 7-10 people. That's out of 25,000 cars they sold.

The GC had a rough launch on the 8speed too. New tech = new bugs. It's a solid car, my wife loves it, and we hope to keep it a long time.
sfdxsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 09:31 PM   #52
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Congrats on the new job srmitchell.

Thanks dude!

I must say, I do like how the trailhawk looks.
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #53
dahreno

It's funny how people are so accepting of problems with new cars , especially when it's NOT theirs !We might hear a diff. story if it were their car. What ever happened to a great amount of testing before they make and sell a car ?Especially one with a radically new tranny.If it were my car that had those problems on the freeway @ 60, I would have had the dealer pick it up and keep it.Imagine if it had been your wife or kid it happened to ! I'll never buy another Jeep product again anyway.I think I have just been lucky with my 2008 jkur.
dahreno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 10:33 PM   #54
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Obviously you've never put a modern car together from scratch, much less several thousand.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Enter your jeep in the ROctober Cherokee Of The Month contest!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2014, 06:59 AM   #55
bruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahreno View Post
It's funny how people are so accepting of problems with new cars , especially when it's NOT theirs !We might hear a diff. story if it were their car. What ever happened to a great amount of testing before they make and sell a car ?Especially one with a radically new tranny.If it were my car that had those problems on the freeway @ 60, I would have had the dealer pick it up and keep it.Imagine if it had been your wife or kid it happened to ! I'll never buy another Jeep product again anyway.I think I have just been lucky with my 2008 jkur.
You're just coming across as REALLY delusional.
Jeep testing a hand full of vehicles is NOTHING like THOUSANDS of them on the road. New products have issues. BOTTOM LINE. I don't care if it's cars, software, video game consoles - you name it. It's just NOT hard to understand. Manufacturers can't get out every single possible bug by testing a hand full of vehicles themselves.
bruceg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2014, 05:42 PM   #56
chartx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahreno View Post
As someone who works with quality measures, I can understand your frustration. The last thing any company wants to deal with is external quality problems, the ones happen when the product is delivered.

Each of the components of any vehicle is getting tested extensively before they place in car. However, today's cars are complex systems which requires all of these components to work with each other perfectly. And sometimes, testing all possibilities aren't possible or cost effective or glitch free.

You can deal with this using 10 year old well tested in real life technologies like Toyota and Honda is doing. Or fix the problems of new tech after delivery.

To me, I am getting bored even looking Honda and Toyota cars; and I appreciate Chrysler to bring new tech such as 8-9 speed transmission, adaptive cruise control, a new V6 etc to market before others. On top of all this, new Cherokee is a new design.

I do understand not everyone is comfortable to be "guinea pigs" of the new design, and I do think Jeep has to make sure problems with new cars are getting fixed when customer complains. However, I feel you shouldn't have jumped a new designed car with so many new tech at first year if you not comfortable with the idea of not perfect car for a while. You may want to stick with Honda, Toyota etc.
chartx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2014, 10:25 PM   #57
rt-texas
2014 KL Cherokee 

My first post here.

I have app 850 miles on my TH with the 3.2. I still haven't seen it go into 9th, but all around shifting much smoother than it started out.

Really love driving it; in fact, the wife reminded me tonight that "we" have had it for three weeks now and she still hasn't driven it yet. Oooops, guess that will change tomorrow.
Unread 01-18-2014, 03:37 PM   #58
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoKS View Post
Do note they said they are not issuing a communication for all KL's to get this software fix - it's on a case by case basis and Chrysler has to approve it prior. Scary.
Makes no sense at all why a dealership would not check to see what version of the TCU software a Cherokee has before releasing it to the buyer. Absolutely no sense at all.

This should be a no brainer.
- 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade Rocky Mountian Edition - gone
Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 03:40 PM   #59
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmitchell View Post
My dealership has sold 6 KL trailhawks so far. I am a technician, but just barely. (I'm very new haha)

I haven't seen any come back yet, but I work in the trans shop so I will post if I see anything. My team leader is a master transmission tech, Chrysler trained.
Ok, sorry the man to find this answer. How do you tell which version of software the TCU is currently running ?
Unread 01-18-2014, 03:42 PM   #60
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Based on what facts ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.