1 Day Old, Transmission Issues - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > KL Cherokee 2014 & up > 1 Day Old, Transmission Issues

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #16
kens97sto171

Most states have a period you can return a car. Some are 3 days. Be careful here... they could be just running the time out on you by giving the run around.
I would start the return procedure while you can... if you can in your state.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.. not a good sign that a serious problem is already showing up.

kens97sto171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #17
Brassmonkey
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kens97sto171 View Post
Most states have a period you can return a car. Some are 3 days. Be careful here... they could be just running the time out on you by giving the run around.
I would start the return procedure while you can... if you can in your state.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.. not a good sign that a serious problem is already showing up.

I checked out that law, for this state it is only 3 days if the product was sold outside of a normal place of business (IE Door to Door Sales).

They are hoping the have the transmission by Monday. We shall see.
Brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #18
kens97sto171

So your still within that period then. Man.. it would be tempting for me to just return it... and rethink the situation. You could always buy another one if decided you really wanted the car.
I just worry about the meatheads in service. Some are very competent.. some not.
What troubles are you gonna have in the future that relate back to this repair.. squeaks rattles.. etc.
Plus the confidence factor.. I would be very upset.. myself. A lot of cash involved here.
But thats just my opinion... and you know what that means
kens97sto171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #19
tarznatz

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'd return it and get another car from a different Jeep dealer
tarznatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #20
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

any news yet?
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #21
Brassmonkey
2014 KL Cherokee 

Whole transmission is being replaced. The new transmission made it to the dealer today and is currently being installed. Guess it is a pretty big job, lots of parts need to be removed to get the new transmission in.

I sent an email to the CEO of Chrysler and the Vice President of Quality on Friday. About an hour after I sent the email I received a call from someone at Chrysler saying they were forwarded my email and were going to help me.

They provided me with a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Rental (Was being offered Sebring Convertible, I wanted something with the same function as the Cherokee that was being repaired). He has been very helpful.
Unread 12-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #22
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

woohoo!
Way to stay calm and hang in there.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
ENTER your jeep in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest here!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #23
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassmonkey
Whole transmission is being replaced. The new transmission made it to the dealer today and is currently being installed. Guess it is a pretty big job, lots of parts need to be removed to get the new transmission in.

I sent an email to the CEO of Chrysler and the Vice President of Quality on Friday. About an hour after I sent the email I received a call from someone at Chrysler saying they were forwarded my email and were going to help me.

They provided me with a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Rental (Was being offered Sebring Convertible, I wanted something with the same function as the Cherokee that was being repaired). He has been very helpful.
This is infuriating besides the fact you purchased a brand new vehicle that was defective but then had to climb the corporate ladder to get a rental?
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #24
Turbozcs2003
2002 WJ 

you will be spoiled by the WK2

I would request an extension on the warranty, maybe sucker them for a lifetime maxcare policy for cheap money!
Turbozcs2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 12:26 AM   #25
vyse04
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I would have told them to keep it after the help you initially received (or lack thereof), and gone to another dealer. A friend of mine has a bad seal on his brand new F-150 with 80 miles total, and the dealer gave him a used Raptor off of the lot without him even asking for it. Never good seeing spots of oil under your brand new car, but at least they took care of him.
vyse04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 04:13 AM   #26
whitebomber

That truly is a bummer. However we had a similar experience with our 09 Wrangler and it turned out ok.

We have a manual transmission and it randomly popped out of gear when pulling out. Making a very loud bang, which scared the crap out of you! After a few trips to the dealer and finally being able to reproduce the issue, they ended up replacing the transmission. It wasn't 12 hours old like yours but it was only 6 months old. I was bummed to have major surgery on such a new vehicle.

However it's been smooth sailing ever since ... hopefully yours will be the same.
'90/'91 4dr Montero's - gone but not forgotten

Impulse eliminates planning ... that's a good thing
whitebomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 08:15 PM   #27
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassmonkey View Post
What's his Email address ??

Where in Ohio are you located ?

What's the name of the Dealership where you bought it ?
Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 10:21 AM   #28
Brassmonkey
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
What's his Email address ??

Where in Ohio are you located ?

What's the name of the Dealership where you bought it ?

I live in Delaware Ohio

Emailed - Sergio.Marchionne@chrysler.com and Doug.Betts@chrysler.com
Unread 01-06-2014, 07:45 PM   #29
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

This is what happens when they roll out in a hurry. It's a shame those first pictures of the KL got leaked from the factory because from then on it has been nothing but trying to rush the new product out. They had computer issues and had to recall the entire line before being sent to dealerships. They had bugs with this new 9 speed but by the time they figured that out, they had already shipped a good chunk of them to market. I don't know if those early pictures had anything to do with the sudden rush, but that's my theory anyway. I don't think I'd buy one until one or two model years down the road...or until the aftermarket catches up. Glad you're getting help now.

Twitter @dutchoven86
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 08:25 PM   #30
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassmonkey View Post

A buddy's mother bought a new Cherokee and the tranny went to hell too. She had a new one put in as well. Didn't fix a thing. The mechanic then told her it was an easier job to replace the tranny on a 4 cylinder than on a 6 cylinder....she was like WTF. She ordered a 6 cylinder...her paper work showed a 6 cylinder. She's taking the Cherokee back, and getting her money back.

Apparently the Cherokee stalls at stops and when in reverse.

And to think FIAT just bought full control.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.