Snow Mountain Run in Mendocino National Forest - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Snow Mountain Run in Mendocino National Forest

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #76
Goldielocker
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've added you to the list!

Goldielocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #77
SaltCreek

I work at Great Lakes Forge, maker of the Lock N Roll hitch. If you have any questions about our new hitches, I'd be happy to answer them.

Last edited by SaltCreek; 05-30-2013 at 01:00 PM..
SaltCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #78
titomars
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltCreek View Post
I work at Great Lakes Forge, maker of the Lock N Roll hitch. If you have any questions about our new hitches, I'd be happy to answer them.
Your website already sold me on them. I ordered one yesterday.
This is the kinda whiny crap I would expect to see in the JK forum. We drive rough riding, leaking, gas guzzling CJ's. Rattle can it and throw it in your Jeep.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1981 Jeep CJ7 258 4.0 HO head, T-5, D300, D30, D44, SOA
1994 Jeep XJ 4.0 HO, AX-15 (My Beater)
1946 Bantam T3-C (original Calif trailer, no rust)
titomars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #79
SaltCreek

Glad you found the website helpful. I think I just packed up your order. Shipping out today.
Unread 05-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #80
titomars
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Glad you found the website helpful. I think I just packed up your order. Shipping out today.
It was order #44. It was a toss up between the Lock N Roll and another brand.
It boiled down to the fact that I liked the engineering of your company's product better.
This is the kinda whiny crap I would expect to see in the JK forum. We drive rough riding, leaking, gas guzzling CJ's. Rattle can it and throw it in your Jeep.
Unread 05-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #81
SaltCreek

Your order is packed and heading out the door! I'm glad you like the new hitch design. A lot of great customer feedback can be thanked for that!
Unread 05-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #82
JDXX
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Just an update...... I will be doing a pre-run right after Memorial weekend. I will report back with road and trail conditions with pictures.
Hi there Goldie,
I was wondering how many miles, or maybe hours is better, out you are going. Any good steams/body's of water on the way?
Unread 05-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #83
jkthomps
2012 JK Wrangler 

Have fun! Wish I could make this one!
jkthomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #84
Goldielocker
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDXX View Post
Hi there Goldie,
I was wondering how many miles, or maybe hours is better, out you are going. Any good steams/body's of water on the way?
Hey JDXX: Good to hear that you're considering joining us. It's a great group of people.

We're going for the pre-run in the next couple of days so we will have a better idea of timing, miles, etc. There are at least 3 creek crossings that we crossed when we tried to make the run a couple of months ago (had to turn back because of snow). We will post info and photos when we get back. Since you're coming a long way, you may consider camping. We plan on doing a loop and where we're planning on coming out has numerous campgrounds. Just an idea. Campgrounds are at a lower elevation, so it will be a lot warmer.
Unread 05-29-2013, 11:34 PM   #85
Goldielocker
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Here's are a couple of pictures from our initial pre-run of Snow Mountain we did on March 3rd when we had to turn back because of too much snow. The mountain you see in the distance on one of the photos is Hull Mountain. Also, two pictures of the creeks we crossed.
bth_cimg5636_zpsf3d3be35-1-.jpg   bth_cimg5641_zps3e0bf27b-1-.jpg   bth_cimg5643_zpse8a8c979-1-.jpg   bth_cimg5644_zps49747eea-1-.jpg  
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #86
titomars
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Your order is packed and heading out the door! I'm glad you like the new hitch design. A lot of great customer feedback can be thanked for that!
Awesome thanks for the heads up. I see from the tracking it will arrive Friday.
Unread 05-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #87
JDXX
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the reply Goldie,

That sure is some pretty country. Yeah if we go would be camping. I asked about water because my wife and I like to trap crawdads. Hopefully my Jeep will be all broke in and ready by then. I will keep an eye on here.
Unread 05-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #88
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDXX View Post
Thanks for the reply Goldie,

That sure is some pretty country. Yeah if we go would be camping. I asked about water because my wife and I like to trap crawdads. Hopefully my Jeep will be all broke in and ready by then. I will keep an eye on here.
I've seen areas with crawdads and have always wanted to eat them. Hear they are the "redneck lobster" which I would like ! How do you cook them? Just boil or steam them?
lowranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #89
JDXX
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I've seen areas with crawdads and have always wanted to eat them. Hear they are the "redneck lobster" which I would like ! How do you cook them? Just boil or steam them?
OHHH man they are goood

So far we have only boiled them. Basically just treat them like any other fresh seafood. My grandma keeps asking me to fry her some up (that's how she ate them as a kid in Oklahoma). Tis the season and I want to find some new hunting grounds. I've heard tell that in the warmer areas (off the coast) they can get big, real BIG.
Unread 05-31-2013, 02:52 PM   #90
89YJBuilder
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Talk to the rice farmers. When I lived in the Sac valley they would let people come in and gather them. We used to get a couple large coolers full. Then you put them in a container of water to let them clean out. As the water gets nasty switch them to a different container and rotate them till the water stays clean. Then boiling is the best but they can be done like any other shrimp or lobster. We boiled them in a 60 qrt kettle, with a basket in it, crab boil, corn on the cobb, red potatoes lemons and onions. When done you dump the goods on a outdoor table covered in news papper, crack a cold beer and enjoy. Break the head off add a drop of Tabasco suck the juice then eat the tail. Woo some good eatin'. I miss it.

In North Carolina we could get mudd bugs that were about 3-5 inches. It didn't take so many to make dinner.
89YJBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.