Return to the Lost Coast.....and then some! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Return to the Lost Coast.....and then some!

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 05-26-2013, 05:05 AM   #16
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybooster2 View Post
In.

For sure
So you are you sure you are going? LOL

Unread 05-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #17
MC06
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in...
MC06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #18
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Gonna change up the first leg of the run. Don't want to do Sherwood road again. There is a beach north of Fort Bragg that has access for us to drive on. One of the last beaches available in the north coast that allows OHV access, for now.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:21 PM   #19
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Are you thinking of "10 Mile beach" ?
lowranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #20
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowranger View Post
Are you thinking of "10 Mile beach" ?
Nope, no OHV acces on that one that I'm aware of. Just before Westport. It's Caltrans property. Westport folks are trying to close it to access. Thought it would be a nice spot to break for lunch on the beach.

Unread 05-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #21
JDXX
2004 TJ Wrangler 

We around here call it Blue's beach. I'm in Fort Bragg and have been watching this thread. My JEEP is nearly on the road again, me and the wife might like to drive up to Usal with you all. We like to get up there for fishing when we can.
Unread 05-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #22
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Nope, no OHV acces on that one that I'm aware of. Just before Westport. It's Caltrans property. Westport folks are trying to close it to access. Thought it would be a nice spot to break for lunch on the beach.
I know 10 mile beach has been closed for years, just didn't know if they had re-opened it. I use to go out there with my CJ-5 100 years ago then they closed it. Figured they would never open it again.
Unread 05-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #23
JDXX
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You cant even take a dog out on Ten Mile beach anymore, 500$ fine.
I remember when I was little my Dad and his buddy used to take a rail out there.
Pretty much nowhere to wheel over here on the coast.
Unread 05-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #24
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I remember seeing rails and other vehicles on the beach there. Wow!! Can't even take a dog on 10 Mile Beach anymore!? Pretty sad. Why don't we get to vote on this kind of stuff. You don't hear anything, then one day "Bam"! it's closed.
Unread 05-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #25
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDXX View Post
You cant even take a dog out on Ten Mile beach anymore, 500$ fine.
I remember when I was little my Dad and his buddy used to take a rail out there.
Pretty much nowhere to wheel over here on the coast.
Looks like you are going to have to head inland. Lots of places east of you about an hour and a half. Mendocino National Forest etc.
Unread 05-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #26
JDXX
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Growing up around here we used to spend a lot of time wheeling in the woods.Most of the places I went were not legal back then either but nobody seemed to care much.

I am excited to try my junk out soon (major transformation). Waiting on the last few parts. I will probably head over to Cow mountain in a couple of weeks.
Unread 05-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #27
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDXX View Post
Growing up around here we used to spend a lot of time wheeling in the woods.Most of the places I went were not legal back then either but nobody seemed to care much.

I am excited to try my junk out soon (major transformation). Waiting on the last few parts. I will probably head over to Cow mountain in a couple of weeks.
I'll add you to the list. Let me know when you go to Cow, maybe I'll head up with you. This run won't have any hard core wheeling, but will have lot's of beautiful scenery as you know. Last year we ran Sherwood rd, but this year I want to run a different route. How familiar are you with the back roads along SR20 to Fort Bragg? Hope to scout out some different routes.

Unread 05-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #28
JDXX
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
How familiar are you with the back roads along SR20 to Fort Bragg? Hope to scout out some different routes.
Highway 20 into FB is mostly all state and closed except for some roads possibly open to campgrounds or firewood cutting areas. I will try to do some scouting, I have a couple of ideas. But if you don't want to come over Sherwood road you will probably be stuck to Highway 20 or Branscomb road.

YEAH I will post up in the last minute runs thread when I know when I will be headed over to Cow.
Unread 05-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #29
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

There are a couple of other roads out of Ukiah Jimbob, like Orr Springs road and Low Gap road.
Unread 05-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #30
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowranger View Post
There are a couple of other roads out of Ukiah Jimbob, like Orr Springs road and Low Gap road.
Too many "farmers" on Low Gap. Orr Springs is ok, but paved the whole way and puts us further south than I wanted. Thanks for the ideas though.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.