Reccommend any good, reliable trail map books for northern Sierras? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Reccommend any good, reliable trail map books for northern Sierras?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 12-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
ErikTheRad
1993 ZJ 

Reccommend any good, reliable trail map books for northern Sierras?

We do a helluva lot of camping and fishing and some mild/moderate trails in the northern Sierra mountains, mostly Plumas, Tahoe, & El Dorado forests. This is mainly in the counties of Yuba, Sierra, and Placer. I have some not-so-great Delorme topo maps but I need something more detailed and accurate. We don't do trails just for the sake of doing trails, we usually have a destination. Those destinations are usually have some sort of historical relevence, a gold mine, a ghost town, a cemetary, a town site, or at least some point ofgeological or natural significance. We're sightseers of history, you could say. I want/need a map or trail book that I can rely on to help navigate this area of California. Any good suggestions?

ErikTheRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

A book called: Guide To Northern California Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails. You can get it about anywhere for around $20.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
jurgen24
1984 CJ7 

for mild/moderate trails check out "Backcountry Adventures Northern California"

http://www.4x4books.com/can4wd.htm
jurgen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
ErikTheRad
1993 ZJ 

I saw both of those books on Amazon. Thanks guys.
ErikTheRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
89YJBuilder
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurgen24 View Post
for mild/moderate trails check out "Backcountry Adventures Northern California"

http://www.4x4books.com/can4wd.htm

Got this book and for what you want to do it would be great. We do some of the same type of stuff when my boys would come down for the summer. Unfortunately they are grown and we don't see them very often. However this book is well worth the money. We have had many great trips from this book. Would like to do more.
89YJBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.