Northern California trail runs starter thread: - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Northern California trail runs starter thread:

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #166
03RubiTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I may be up for a hollister run, count me in tentatively. But aren't slickrock and deer valley a little high in elevation for runs before june? seems like you guys had a lot of snow on the loon lake luge run.

03RubiTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #167
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm thinking just a day trip.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #168
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03RubiTJ View Post
I may be up for a hollister run, count me in tentatively. But aren't slickrock and deer valley a little high in elevation for runs before june? seems like you guys had a lot of snow on the loon lake luge run.
Yep, there was a buttload of snow up there! Just gonna have to wait and see what the weather has in store come end of May.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 02:24 AM   #169
flyinion
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03RubiTJ View Post
Watch out, that works both ways!
Not sure what ya mean?
Unread 01-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #170
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccafire
Deer Valley is right up the road also. May could be a bit early. All depends on mother nature.
I guess deer valley is closed.
Unread 01-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #171
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene13 View Post
I guess deer valley is closed.
Yeah, I don't know if it will open this year or not. A couple of clubs in Sacramento took the Forest Service through Deer Valley for them to do their analysis of the trail last October. I guess we will have to see.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #172
jurgen24
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
Thanks, I checked out that website and their ratings system, sounds like it would be doable since I'll have sliders for sure by then, I just might have to get winched off a rock or something lol. (I do have disco's too, just no lift yet) Anyway, hoping to have some kind of lift by then even if I have to "cheap out" and go with AEV's "non-upgradeable" 2.5. Hoping I can pull off the Metal Cloak 2.5 though but it's a good chunk of $$$.
Slickrock is a great trail, did it twice last year, one my favorite. I would suggest 33", 3" lift, rear locker and rock sliders and a winch, front lockers help after crossing the stream and climbing the rocks. You can do it with less, just expect some damage.
jurgen24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 12:28 AM   #173
billybooster2
1983 CJ8 

I might have my rig back together! Engine is built just gotta drop it in. Hook up the fuel and wiring and hope! Will keep u posted.
billybooster2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 02:32 AM   #174
flyinion
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurgen24 View Post
Slickrock is a great trail, did it twice last year, one my favorite. I would suggest 33", 3" lift, rear locker and rock sliders and a winch, front lockers help after crossing the stream and climbing the rocks. You can do it with less, just expect some damage.
What kind of damage? Underbody to the skids? Or? If the lift works out in time I'll be sliders, discos, rear LSD (not sure if that will help at all but I got the factory option), no lockers yet, 2.5" lift and my basically 32" Duratracs.
Unread 01-27-2013, 02:38 AM   #175
flyinion
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
What do you guys think about a Hollister run for March 23rd?
I'm in for that. Might have a co-pilot (gf's co-worker) and who knows maybe the gf and the co-worker's wife depending on work schedules and such.
Unread 01-27-2013, 04:25 AM   #176
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hollister I'm down for. Slickrock looks like kicks as well! Then again I'm down for any sort of wheeling I can accomplish on any given weekend within a reasonable distance, which reminds me.

Anyone going to JV this year for KoH?
[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #177
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I was hoping you guys were going to try another High Lakes run, somewhere in the March to May time frame.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #178
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B
I was hoping you guys were going to try another High Lakes run, somewhere in the March to May time frame.
What's the snow like in that time frame?
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #179
jurgen24
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
What kind of damage? Underbody to the skids? Or? If the lift works out in time I'll be sliders, discos, rear LSD (not sure if that will help at all but I got the factory option), no lockers yet, 2.5" lift and my basically 32" Duratracs.
Underbody, wherever you don't have a skid :-; I have about 24" of side clearance under my rock sliders and I still bang them a few times. Easy to hang up on drive shaft in a few places and for wide rigs, there are a couple of tight off camber sections. If you have a spotter that helps. Also having real rock sliders v.s. Rocker panel ones helps.

I think you'll be OK with what you are describing, if going alone you may need a winch, I've used it to get up the rocks after you cross the stream, otherwise you'll need to turn around and head back to Lake Alpine.
jurgen24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #180
flyinion
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurgen24 View Post

Underbody, wherever you don't have a skid :-; I have about 24" of side clearance under my rock sliders and I still bang them a few times. Easy to hang up on drive shaft in a few places and for wide rigs, there are a couple of tight off camber sections. If you have a spotter that helps. Also having real rock sliders v.s. Rocker panel ones helps.

I think you'll be OK with what you are describing, if going alone you may need a winch, I've used it to get up the rocks after you cross the stream, otherwise you'll need to turn around and head back to Lake Alpine.
Oh no not going alone lol. I'm talking being ready for the May trip Gene is talking about doing. Yeah will have the Ace jku rock sliders.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.