NorCal Run: 2nd Annual Cow Mountain Trail Run, May 4th, 2013 - Page 52 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #766 of 1291 Old 04-28-2013, 03:23 PM
BoarderMX
2013 JK Wrangler 

If there is still room, I would like to sign up for the moderate group. I'll be at the K-Mart in lakeport @ 9:30 on May 4th. Please let me know if the meeting location has or will be changed.

Thanks,
Gordon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #767 of 1291 Old 04-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoarderMX
If there is still room, I would like to sign up for the moderate group. I'll be at the K-Mart in lakeport @ 9:30 on May 4th. Please let me know if the meeting location has or will be changed.

Thanks,
Gordon
Come on down. It's always open to everyone anytime. Just keep am eye on here to see if anything changes. Which it never really does. Lol

"follow at your own risk" or "trail? What trail? We don't need no stinking trail"
post #768 of 1291 Old 04-28-2013, 04:49 PM
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jimbo.... today... hunter 1, turkey 0. Now working on a pig. Hey, I thought you were going to Cow mt today.
post #769 of 1291 Old 04-28-2013, 05:02 PM
broncobrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthomps View Post
Sweet!
Thank You it is work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Hey Gene, this back trail that Brian speaks of, I wonder if it's the one we were looking at during last year's scouting. Trail 9 I think. We looked at it and decided it was too choked up with brush, but we didn't go on it, just walked up it a bit. It was the one I had a hard time finding off the main road and had to double back to find it. Maybe we'll get a report from Brian and Jimbo tonight if it's passable.
Yes it is trail 9 and it WAS chocked with brush but with some help we cut a lot of tight spots up. could use more. I will be more than willing to take the group thru it. Few spots we my have to stack a rock or two, and if you are not running one locker I will be more then happy to winch you thru the toughest spot. But I want every one to know this is NOT a trail that will tear your rig up, but you may get a little more pin striping. No more than the Benmore loop my guessing.
post #770 of 1291 Old 04-28-2013, 05:31 PM
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybooster2 View Post
Not sure bout friday or where to camp. Fri night sounds like an ok timr to start but ill miss breakfast!
If you read back, Jimbob has made several good suggestions on where to camp plus a link.
post #771 of 1291 Old 04-28-2013, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
bobthetj03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobrian View Post
Thank You it is work in progress

Yes it is trail 9 and it WAS chocked with brush but with some help we cut a lot of tight spots up. could use more. I will be more than willing to take the group thru it. Few spots we my have to stack a rock or two, and if you are not running one locker I will be more then happy to winch you thru the toughest spot. But I want every one to know this is NOT a trail that will tear your rig up, but you may get a little more pin striping. No more than the Benmore loop my guessing.
Sounds interesting Brian. Could add to the fun. So the trail will put us on the back side of the rock garden? We could take it and meet the moderate group at the obstacle course. How long do you think trail 9 will take us to get to the obstacle course?

Bob's boring build:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

White Jeep club member #2003

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #772 of 1291 Old 04-28-2013, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
bobthetj03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowranger View Post
Jimbo.... today... hunter 1, turkey 0. Now working on a pig. Hey, I thought you were going to Cow mt today.
Hey you're supposed to be focusing on getting a pig, not posting on the forum!

Bob's boring build:

White Jeep club member #2003

post #773 of 1291 Old 04-28-2013, 06:40 PM
broncobrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Sounds interesting Brian. Could add to the fun. So the trail will put us on the back side of the rock garden? We could take it and meet the moderate group at the obstacle course. How long do you think trail 9 will take us to get to the obstacle course?
depending on the group 1/2hr to 1 hour tops Will post some pics in in a few
post #774 of 1291 Old 04-28-2013, 06:44 PM
broncobrian

worst spot if you go thru the water you have to climb the bank I was alone (I know a no no) so I just powered up the left
Attached Thumbnails
Brush Triming.jpg   DSC00734.jpg   DSC00735.jpg  
post #775 of 1291 Old 04-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobrian
worst spot if you go thru the water you have to climb the bank I was alone (I know a no no) so I just powered up the left
Nice did you post on FB too?

"follow at your own risk" or "trail? What trail? We don't need no stinking trail"
post #776 of 1291 Old 04-28-2013, 06:48 PM
broncobrian

few shot of the trail
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00738.jpg   DSC00739.jpg   DSC00740.jpg   DSC00741.jpg  
post #777 of 1291 Old 04-28-2013, 06:53 PM
broncobrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene13 View Post
Nice did you post on FB too?
Where on F/B My F/B ?? No.

But I did send an Email to Rich Burns (BLM) telling him we trimmed the trail and that I would like to get with them to get a plan to fix the wash out.
post #778 of 1291 Old 04-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Dirtbag off road cow mountain Someone posted that they trimmed trail 9 today.

post #779 of 1291 Old 04-28-2013, 07:05 PM
broncobrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene13 View Post
Dirtbag off road cow mountain Someone posted that they trimmed trail 9 today.
That was me, I have since went back a posted a pic of the wash out 1st F/B Pic. Bad thing is I don't feel I an a Dirtbag Off Roader. I an always pickin up someone else's trash and don't mind the trimming of the trails.
post #780 of 1291 Old 04-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Gene13
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobrian

That was me, I have since went back a posted a pic of the wash out 1st F/B Pic. Bad thing is I don't feel I an a Dirtbag Off Roader. I an always pickin up someone else's trash and don't mind the trimming of the trails.
Same here. Lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.