NorCal Run: 2nd Annual Cow Mountain Trail Run, May 4th, 2013 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > NorCal Run: 2nd Annual Cow Mountain Trail Run, May 4th, 2013

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 02-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #16
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The official shooting range is on the Ukiah side.

lowranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #17
Mitchell420tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowranger View Post
The official shooting range is on the Ukiah side.
Ye but we all know that noone from lake county drives all the way to the ukiah side to go shooting lol every time I go out there I see a lot of people shooting in the creek bed and the rangers are sitting there watching
Mitchell420tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #18
89YJBuilder
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Rangers weren't there a year ago when my boys and I passed a pair of guys shooting a select fire AK. That's a technical term for full auto capable. I wouldn't care but I have a hard time believing that they had an ATF stamp for it. Now I am an avid shooter and a self proclaimed gun nut. If I had the money I would have class 3 arms. The thing is those that do it illegally make it harder for the rest of us who are willing to do it legally. I guess I wish that people would consider what the consequences of their actions would be. Thing are getting a lot harder on us. Well what ever side you shoot be safe and have fun. Remember the second keeps the first.
89YJBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #19
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell420tj View Post
Ye but we all know that noone from lake county drives all the way to the ukiah side to go shooting lol every time I go out there I see a lot of people shooting in the creek bed and the rangers are sitting there watching
Yes..... but Burlbook48 is from Mendocino county (Ukiah side) so when he said he was going up to the "shooting range" I'm sure he meant he was going to the official shooting range on the Ukiah side.
Unread 02-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #20
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I wish the people that do shoot in the creek bed on the Lake county side would clean up their targets. My wife and I went up the creek two days ago and it looks like the county dump up there. They bring stuff up there to shoot at....they shoot the heck out of it and then leave it. It looks like crap! Don't be surprised when BLM shuts the place down. We won't be able to go up there at all for anything.
Unread 02-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #21
Mitchell420tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I wish the people that do shoot in the creek bed on the Lake county side would clean up their targets. My wife and I went up the creek two days ago and it looks like the county dump up there. They bring stuff up there to shoot at....they shoot the heck out of it and then leave it. It looks like crap! Don't be surprised when BLM shuts the place down. We won't be able to go up there at all for anything.
I agree. I never have to bring targets just for that reason :/ but I do pick up my brass. And also didn't know where he lived which is why I asked.
Unread 02-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #22
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

This thread is getting off track........
Back to the run for it was set up for. Can't wait! Is it time to go yet??
Unread 02-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #23
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I agree. I never have to bring targets just for that reason :/ but I do pick up my brass. And also didn't know where he lived which is why I asked.
His profile location says he is from Mendocino County.

Is it time to go on the run yet ??
How is the list coming along Jimbob?
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #24
Mitchell420tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

His profile location says he is from Mendocino County.

Is it time to go on the run yet ??
How is the list coming along Jimbob?
Huh didn't think to look at his profile. I normally only get on here to check for wheeling trips lol plus I'm on a phone app.
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #25
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'll have a list up soon. We have plenty of time on this one!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #26
lowranger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yep.... lots of time ! We are looking forward to this one.
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #27
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hoping to get some scouting done in April provided the gates are open.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #28
crateampscal
2005 TJ Wrangler 

im shootin to be done by march. sounds like perfect timing for me!
crateampscal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #29
Burlbook48
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
As noted, I am on the Ukiah side. Anyway, a coupla years ago I dragged my long-bed Datsun halfback trailer up to the obstacle course as part of a clean-up run. The run was started by the local 4x4 club, with participation from the club in Sonoma county. There was quite a few rigs (30 or more) involved. BLM even let us spot a mobile cargo dumpster down at the riverbed on the Lakeport side.

Everybody brought trash bags, the local club worked with someone who provided a bunch of those pincher style extended hand grip things that let you pick up cans and such without bending over. Different groups of rigs hit different trails and collected everything from beer cans to hot water heaters used as targets (as mentioned in the above post). At the end of their day of fun, all the trash was either brought to my trailer in bags, or taken to the dumpster, depending on which way you went home.

My trailer was literally filled to overflowing, and the dumpster was completely filled over the course of two days. Needless to say, we made a difference in the amount of litter spread all over Cow. This is the kind of stuff that keeps us all in the good graces of the BLM.

Might be time to organize such an event again. If we are gunna clear the trails of pin-striping brush, might as well kill two birds with one stone. Could be a hell of a fun event. BBQ at the obstacle course, prize for most trash collected, etc...

Just a thought...
Unread 02-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #30
titomars
1981 CJ7 

I am in for May 4th. I am also willing to do a trash day run. I can't do much bending but I am willing to help where I can.
This is the kinda whiny crap I would expect to see in the JK forum. We drive rough riding, leaking, gas guzzling CJ's. Rattle can it and throw it in your Jeep.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1981 Jeep CJ7 258 4.0 HO head, T-5, D300, D30, D44, SOA
1994 Jeep XJ 4.0 HO, AX-15 (My Beater)
1946 Bantam T3-C (original Calif trailer, no rust)
titomars is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.