NorCal chat and banter - Page 39 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > NorCal chat and banter

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 02-19-2014, 08:12 PM   #571
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrad View Post
Just found this thread and thought I'd poke my head in and say "hi". I'm down in the South Bay, in Campbell/San Jose. I've only ever gone off roading over at Hollister Hills, but being a full time student makes it hard to find time sometimes, but I'd definitely like to get in more trail runs and such and meet new Jeepers
Welcome to the chat!

If you've ever been in that traffic, you would have ground down the steering wheel with a death grip too. "Just ****ing GOOOOOO!!!!"[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Luuca;15713642]I pitty anyone who tries to reach into that netting unaware.[/QUOTE]
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Agent620 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2014, 08:12 PM   #572
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipit View Post
That's normal. Now inactive starts on days one in the Dep, so when you finish your four active, it might only be like, the and a half in the IRR... Pretty sure combat does not mean infantry, it just means combat. Which would lead me to believe it's all the combat mos s that are not infantry. But, that's a question for your recruiter, cause he "should" know a lot more than I.

posted this from my phone
I will get a hold of him tonight if I can or during the rest of this week.

If you've ever been in that traffic, you would have ground down the steering wheel with a death grip too. "Just ****ing GOOOOOO!!!!"[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Luuca;15713642]I pitty anyone who tries to reach into that netting unaware.[/QUOTE]
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Unread 02-19-2014, 08:24 PM   #573
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrad View Post
Just found this thread and thought I'd poke my head in and say "hi". I'm down in the South Bay, in Campbell/San Jose. I've only ever gone off roading over at Hollister Hills, but being a full time student makes it hard to find time sometimes, but I'd definitely like to get in more trail runs and such and meet new Jeepers
Welcome! Where you been? You kind of disappeared over on Norcal.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2014, 08:25 PM   #574
joshrad
Who needs roads?

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
Welcome! Where you been? You kind of disappeared over on Norcal.
I've been so busy with school and trying to graduate (still have about another year just for my bachelors, 7 years...but that's what I get for changing degree programs...) I disappeared here as well, and actually forgot about Norcal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
joshrad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2014, 08:32 PM   #575
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrad
I've been so busy with school and trying to graduate (still have about another year just for my bachelors, 7 years...but that's what I get for changing degree programs...) I disappeared here as well, and actually forgot about Norcal...
Don't we all? Speaking of NorCal.. I may go over there and look at new stuff

I WANT WAFFLES..
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2014, 11:40 PM   #576
flipit
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Agent, good luck

Everybody else, I agree, school sucks! Spent a month straight away from my garage and it won't be the last time...bout to change my degree to fry cook...

posted this from my phone
Project #1- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/5-0-yj-right-way-1799609/
flipit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2014, 11:57 PM   #577
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipit
Agent, good luck Everybody else, I agree, school sucks! Spent a month straight away from my garage and it won't be the last time...bout to change my degree to fry cook... posted this from my phone
School very much sucks.. Ughgghhh

I WANT WAFFLES..
Unread 02-20-2014, 01:27 PM   #578
tjwood02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Is anyone going to 4 wheel parts expo this weekend? My lady and I might go sunday.
tjwood02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2014, 01:31 PM   #579
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwood02
Is anyone going to 4 wheel parts expo this weekend? My lady and I might go sunday.
I was thinking about it. But my jeep took a dump, and I'm looking for a car to replace my truck. So I decided no go

ST. PATTY'S DAY NEEDS TO BE HERE ALREADY
Unread 02-26-2014, 06:51 PM   #580
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

MEPS Sunday and Monday, lets see if they can stick to it this time.

'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Unread 03-02-2014, 07:44 AM   #581
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

1300, I will let you guys know how it goes. Home tomorrow evening.

'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Unread 03-04-2014, 10:20 AM   #582
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Back from MEPS, went good, but I didn't sign or contract, they got pissed about that. Can't expect people to do what you want when you lie to them and don't feel like handing their life to you. They wouldnt even let you put a field in your contract. Just the stupid wishlist thing that isnt even guaranteed.

'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Unread 03-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #583
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

With the projected military cuts coming up you be lucky if you can get in with any chance of job reservation wish list. With more and more people knocking on recruiters doors and the economy not really picking up recruiters are gunna have lower recruitment goals. Good time to be a recruiter. There is probably 10 guys in line for you slot.

Hope you can get what you hoping for though.

-GCJEEPING's build/mod thread-IT'S A GREEN THING...
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #584
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping View Post
With the projected military cuts coming up you be lucky if you can get in with any chance of job reservation wish list. With more and more people knocking on recruiters doors and the economy not really picking up recruiters are gunna have lower recruitment goals. Good time to be a recruiter. There is probably 10 guys in line for you slot.

Hope you can get what you hoping for though.
It is essentially an open contract I would be signing. The contract has no mention of what job or field I would want. After I sign over to them I still wouldnt even do the wishlist for jobs for another 4 to 5 months. IF none of the 3 job were to be open I would get shoved where they want me with no choice. I have another job/career lined up if the military does not work out. Plus I already have a full/part time job. I do not like being screwed over or having a lie dropped on me. I did enjoy MEPS though, it went smoothly except for the liaison. All the MEPS personnel were nice, the Army and Navy liaisons were super nice too. Just the Marines who were *******s. The Army would be happy to take me and they tried to get me to join a few months back, they will even give me the exact job I want or I dont ship to basic. Decisions...

'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Unread 03-04-2014, 02:38 PM   #585
Jam86
2012 JK Wrangler 

You want to join the military prepare to be lied to and f'ed as long as you serve. They don't like to use lubricant either.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Jam86 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.