NorCal chat and banter - Page 36 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > NorCal chat and banter

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Reply
Unread 01-29-2014, 08:09 PM   #526
Agent620
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Classified, California
Posts: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipit View Post
Best way for pull ups is a max set thrice a day. Do that every day til you go and you'll be set, maybe you can put up the new record

I knew a couple of guys that didn't drink...very few though. And even some of them changed their mind. you'll definitely get some YouTube moments, especially in cities you've never been to before

posted this from my phone
Is a max set the amount I am able to do? I also doubt I'll be that badass of a Marine to set a new record

I've just never wanted to drink or have any interest in it. Most of my friends and all my siblings drink. So its not like I haven't been exposed to it. I just have a different view on it. I hope I get to see cities outside of the US as well. That would be nice. Maybe we can golf with night vision goggles too.

__________________
[B][COLOR="Blue"]Thanks to Anticanman who gave me a membership![/COLOR][/B]
[QUOTE=Anticanman;15443763]Chris Hansen is reading this thread.

If you've ever been in that traffic, you would have ground down the steering wheel with a death grip too. "Just ****ing GOOOOOO!!!!"[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Luuca;15713642]I pitty anyone who tries to reach into that netting unaware.[/QUOTE]
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Agent620 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2014, 08:41 PM   #527
Jam86
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tracy, California
Posts: 507
You can do more than max if you want but it doesn't really matter. I would not expect to go into boot camp and get into great shape. I actually came out in worse and I tried hard during the pt times. Fact is the current military services aren't what they used to be.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Jam86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2014, 02:17 AM   #528
flipit
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent620 View Post
Is a max set the amount I am able to do? I also doubt I'll be that badass of a Marine to set a new record

I've just never wanted to drink or have any interest in it. Most of my friends and all my siblings drink. So its not like I haven't been exposed to it. I just have a different view on it. I hope I get to see cities outside of the US as well. That would be nice. Maybe we can golf with night vision goggles too.
max set=grab the bar and pull,
keep going til you do your last full rep,
then when you get to that one that's rel hard and you won't make it anyways, pull as hard as you can. (max out your effort) then lower yourself and set yourself back on the dirt.
the more you put in the more you get out of course.

if you don't leave the US, you are doing something wrong...well, okay, by the time you get in, it might be a little harder. deployments are cutting back just like recruitment, but, who knows what the future may hold...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam86 View Post
You can do more than max if you want but it doesn't really matter. I would not expect to go into boot camp and get into great shape. I actually came out in worse and I tried hard during the pt times. Fact is the current military services aren't what they used to be.
very true. xept, boot camp fitness, I came out more fit. not buff, it was all cardio fitness, cause that was all we did. and, I mean, you eat so little you can't really get buff there...
__________________
Project #1- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/5-0-yj-right-way-1799609/
flipit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2014, 07:09 PM   #529
Agent620
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Classified, California
Posts: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipit View Post
max set=grab the bar and pull,
keep going til you do your last full rep,
then when you get to that one that's rel hard and you won't make it anyways, pull as hard as you can. (max out your effort) then lower yourself and set yourself back on the dirt.
the more you put in the more you get out of course.

if you don't leave the US, you are doing something wrong...well, okay, by the time you get in, it might be a little harder. deployments are cutting back just like recruitment, but, who knows what the future may hold...
Ah ok. Well my recruiter has never left the US in 5 years he has been in. He also has people who served under him and they never left either. While I would love to deploy I guess I won't be too hurt to not deploy.
__________________
[B][COLOR="Blue"]Thanks to Anticanman who gave me a membership![/COLOR][/B]
[QUOTE=Anticanman;15443763]Chris Hansen is reading this thread.

If you've ever been in that traffic, you would have ground down the steering wheel with a death grip too. "Just ****ing GOOOOOO!!!!"[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Luuca;15713642]I pitty anyone who tries to reach into that netting unaware.[/QUOTE]
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Agent620 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2014, 07:18 PM   #530
Anticanman
Follow me
 
Anticanman's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 19,230
Just start running now. Run a lot. Uphill and downhill.
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2014, 10:39 PM   #531
flipit
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent620 View Post
Ah ok. Well my recruiter has never left the US in 5 years he has been in. He also has people who served under him and they never left either. While I would love to deploy I guess I won't be too hurt to not deploy.
recruiter=doing something wrong...

haha, some people stay in the US,
nothing wrong with it,
but I mean, I had some friends who even left twice in their four/five years.
most people don't have time for that though, but you can extend if you like.
__________________
Project #1- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/5-0-yj-right-way-1799609/
flipit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2014, 12:16 AM   #532
Jam86
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tracy, California
Posts: 507
Could be one of the career recruiters. Half of me wishes I never left but the other half likes to brag about all the countries I've been too. I mean how many guys have gotten to watch a cobra and mongoose fight, or a ping pong show...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Jam86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2014, 10:38 AM   #533
flipit
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam86 View Post
Could be one of the career recruiters. Half of me wishes I never left but the other half likes to brag about all the countries I've been too. I mean how many guys have gotten to watch a cobra and mongoose fight, or a ping pong show...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Where all did you go?

posted this from my phone
__________________
Project #1- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/5-0-yj-right-way-1799609/
flipit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2014, 01:55 PM   #534
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler
 
gcjeeping's Avatar
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: -----Sacramento-----, USAF RETIRED 462X0
Posts: 3,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipit View Post
recruiter=doing something wrong...
LOL Recruiting is a hard career field to be in in a good economy but good in a bad economy. Plus the bonus pay is good as well a additional clothing allowances.

The experience is what you make of it. + the travel can be good too.
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2014, 02:01 PM   #535
flipit
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping View Post

LOL Recruiting is a hard career field to be in in a good economy but good in a bad economy. Plus the bonus pay is good as well a additional clothing allowances.

The experience is what you make of it. + the travel can be good too.
Eh, to each his own. Hearse list is the only way I'd recruit. I'll agree about the experience being what you make it, I just hate sales jobs. Never been any good at it.

posted this from my phone
__________________
Project #1- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/5-0-yj-right-way-1799609/
flipit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2014, 02:07 PM   #536
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler
 
gcjeeping's Avatar
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: -----Sacramento-----, USAF RETIRED 462X0
Posts: 3,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipit View Post
Eh, to each his own. Hearse list is the only way I'd recruit. I'll agree about the experience being what you make it, I just hate sales jobs. Never been any good at it.

posted this from my phone
Thats why a bad economy is good. People are looking for jobs and signing up on their own. In a good economy you do have to do a lot of selling and spend a lot of man hours doing it.

My buddy has a 1 a month quota right now and he gets over 30 people applying each month.

Finance, supply and contracting are great fields to get into.
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2014, 02:15 PM   #537
flipit
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping View Post

Thats why a bad economy is good. People are looking for jobs and signing up on their own. In a good economy you do have to do a lot of selling and spend a lot of man hours doing it.

My buddy has a 1 a month quota right now and he gets over 30 people applying each month.

Finance, supply and contracting are great fields to get into.
That's not a bad quota at all. Extra money and an easy job~ sounds like a good life.

posted this from my phone
__________________
Project #1- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/5-0-yj-right-way-1799609/
flipit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #538
Agent620
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Classified, California
Posts: 1,056
Sorry guys, been working a lot and haven't had to motivation to get on here and reply. Paperwork for MEPS is being processed now as there was an opening. No other info at this time.
__________________
[B][COLOR="Blue"]Thanks to Anticanman who gave me a membership![/COLOR][/B]
[QUOTE=Anticanman;15443763]Chris Hansen is reading this thread.

If you've ever been in that traffic, you would have ground down the steering wheel with a death grip too. "Just ****ing GOOOOOO!!!!"[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Luuca;15713642]I pitty anyone who tries to reach into that netting unaware.[/QUOTE]
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Agent620 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2014, 08:04 PM   #539
Agent620
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Classified, California
Posts: 1,056
Had a decent PNP run today, got some stuff for the XJ build.
__________________
[B][COLOR="Blue"]Thanks to Anticanman who gave me a membership![/COLOR][/B]
[QUOTE=Anticanman;15443763]Chris Hansen is reading this thread.

If you've ever been in that traffic, you would have ground down the steering wheel with a death grip too. "Just ****ing GOOOOOO!!!!"[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Luuca;15713642]I pitty anyone who tries to reach into that netting unaware.[/QUOTE]
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Agent620 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2014, 12:49 AM   #540
Jam86
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tracy, California
Posts: 507
08: Hong Kong(left early to render aid to Phillipines), Guam, South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Dubai (Jebel Ali), Singapore I think that's it other than stateside places
09: Singapore, Thailand, Dubai
10: RimPac (filmed battleship) Canada and Hawaii for 4 weeks
11: Left in January came back for a week I believe left late January did some operational reactor things, went to pull in to South Korea maybe 12 hours before port call earthquake hit so we went balls to the wall to render aid to Japan, participated in Operation Tomodachi and then I believe it was April we hit up Japan. Then Thailand, Bahrain, went to pull into Dubai and decided to go fight Somalian Pirates because the ship that was fighting them had been doing it for 55 straight days I believe we had been out for 57 straight days numbers might be off I know we'd been out a couple to few more days (so we got beer day number 2), Hong Kong, then Guam, back to stateside.
Jam86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.