NorCal chat and banter - Page 29 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > NorCal chat and banter

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 12-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #421
Luuca
Professional Novice
 
Luuca's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 2,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
TJ yoke plus TJ shaft. Remember that the military isn't for everyone and conversely everyone isn't beneficial to the military. It is a cool place to get a limp like mine though.
The gift that keeps on giving. Keep your options open. If you are dead set on the Marines, and they decline you, it may affect your ability to enlist in other services. I don't know your situation, but you may want to check in with the army recruiter.

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.

__________________
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 D44/44 locked 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #422
102joe
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CastroValley, CA.
Posts: 601
TJ yoke plus TJ shaft.


Theres just no helping some people :Q
__________________
REAL JEEPS HAVE LEAF SPRINGS

NO REALY ,, IT IS HIP TO BE SQUAIR
102joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #423
102joe
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CastroValley, CA.
Posts: 601
Lucca
Do you have a Nor Cal tour comming up any time soon ?
__________________
REAL JEEPS HAVE LEAF SPRINGS

NO REALY ,, IT IS HIP TO BE SQUAIR
102joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #424
Agent620
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Classified, California
Posts: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
The gift that keeps on giving. Keep your options open. If you are dead set on the Marines, and they decline you, it may affect your ability to enlist in other services. I don't know your situation, but you may want to check in with the army recruiter.

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
It is a heart murmur that was cleared by doctors and several tests, but the recruiter said he has to check with his Sgt. and will get back to me, now he is telling me to check back every few weeks. So I have no idea what is up. Military is all I have wanted for almost the past decade. I've been set on Marines and if I was to be denied I would not even try for another branch, none others interest me.
__________________
[B][COLOR="Blue"]Thanks to Anticanman who gave me a membership![/COLOR][/B]
[QUOTE=Anticanman;15443763]Chris Hansen is reading this thread.

If you've ever been in that traffic, you would have ground down the steering wheel with a death grip too. "Just ****ing GOOOOOO!!!!"[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Luuca;15713642]I pitty anyone who tries to reach into that netting unaware.[/QUOTE]
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Agent620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #425
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 19,224
Try the navy. The jobs are better and you have way better duty stations.
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #426
Jam86
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tracy, California
Posts: 505
Civilian life is 1000000000000000000000....lets just say infinity times greater I dont regret getting out.

Matt ive told you numerous times; I do not recommend going in as a grunt. I highly recommend learning a trade, something highly desireable like hmmm idk operating a nuclear power plant like me :-). In all honesty it doesnt matter but I recommend learning a trade, if you stay in for 20 good for you but once youre out that retirement if its even around by that time wont do much for you, hell you may not even have free medical by that point. The corrent "leader" is making lots of changes and that is affecting lots of things in the military. From my perspective you need a waiver and I think your recruiter is just being lazy helping you out also there may not be any bilkets for what youre looking for and that goes back to picking a trade if you pick something more desireable they will be more "helpful" getting you in. If you need help I have connections and im not afraid to go have a discussion with an idiot or two.
Jam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #427
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 19,224
And I would be happy to accompany you down to MEPS to talk to the desk sergeants. I will not help you duck walk though.
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #428
Luuca
Professional Novice
 
Luuca's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 2,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102joe
Lucca Do you have a Nor Cal tour comming up any time soon ?
I'll be up to visit the folks for the 1at, 2nd and 3rd. I have a wedding back here on the 4th I'm trying to get out of. So. Friday night refreshments may be in order.

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
__________________
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 D44/44 locked 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #429
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 19,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
I'll be up to visit the folks for the 1at, 2nd and 3rd. I have a wedding back here on the 4th I'm trying to get out of. So. Friday night refreshments may be in order.

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
There's a quiet pub in Modesto. Sounds like a good night for a meet and greet. I will be electing a driver this time, I suggest you do the same
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:23 PM   #430
Luuca
Professional Novice
 
Luuca's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 2,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent620
It is a heart murmur that was cleared by doctors and several tests, but the recruiter said he has to check with his Sgt. and will get back to me, now he is telling me to check back every few weeks. So I have no idea what is up. Military is all I have wanted for almost the past decade. I've been set on Marines and if I was to be denied I would not even try for another branch, none others interest me.
I was in the army. My dad was a marine (I guess he still is ... once a Marine etc). Army is a larger force and advancement is a little easier for people with a brain. I agree that learning a trade, even if it's diesel mechanic, is better for preparing you for the "real" world. Not much call for mortar men or jumping out of planes in the private sector. Ask me how I know.

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
__________________
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 D44/44 locked 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #431
Luuca
Professional Novice
 
Luuca's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 2,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
There's a quiet pub in Modesto. Sounds like a good night for a meet and greet. I will be electing a driver this time, I suggest you do the same
A designated driver? F****s sake! Has Shifty finally figured out a method to clutch an gas with them stubby chops of his!? Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
__________________
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 D44/44 locked 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #432
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 19,224
That guy can sure move across a neighborhood quickly. Now if I can only find him a saddle...
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #433
AmmitOsiris
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brentwood, California
Posts: 3,293
I'm always down to meet new faces.. Erm I mean being a dd, lol

Because I Saved 15% On My Car Insurance
AmmitOsiris is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #434
Agent620
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Classified, California
Posts: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
I was in the army. My dad was a marine (I guess he still is ... once a Marine etc). Army is a larger force and advancement is a little easier for people with a brain. I agree that learning a trade, even if it's diesel mechanic, is better for preparing you for the "real" world. Not much call for mortar men or jumping out of planes in the private sector. Ask me how I know.

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
Thank you for you and your familys service!

I'm not too worried about learning a trade, as I have a few other jobs picked that don't need any military training, except maybe discipline. I am contemplating Fire fighter and law enforcement when I get out of the military. I am thinking about a few mechanics positions in the Marines though, so I am not SET on being a grunt.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
And I would be happy to accompany you down to MEPS to talk to the desk sergeants. I will not help you duck walk though.
Will they be of any more help than the recruiter here? I may take you up on that offer, don't be chicken now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam86 View Post
Civilian life is 1000000000000000000000....lets just say infinity times greater I dont regret getting out.

Matt ive told you numerous times; I do not recommend going in as a grunt. I highly recommend learning a trade, something highly desireable like hmmm idk operating a nuclear power plant like me :-). In all honesty it doesnt matter but I recommend learning a trade, if you stay in for 20 good for you but once youre out that retirement if its even around by that time wont do much for you, hell you may not even have free medical by that point. The corrent "leader" is making lots of changes and that is affecting lots of things in the military. From my perspective you need a waiver and I think your recruiter is just being lazy helping you out also there may not be any bilkets for what youre looking for and that goes back to picking a trade if you pick something more desireable they will be more "helpful" getting you in. If you need help I have connections and im not afraid to go have a discussion with an idiot or two.
I already have a life plan set up for the most part, IF I went is as a grunt, I would do around 8 years, I would then get out and go for Firefighting, they are in short supply here so I wouldn't have much of a problem getting in. I am also contemplating aviation mechanics or vehicle mechanics in the Marines, I would settle for either 3 of those jobs and still do something once I got out to be a civvy again. I got a doctors waiver saying I am fit to enter, I had an ultrasound done which showed nothing wrong and an EKG which was normal. The "leader" is making everything go to crap. Stupid stupid.
__________________
[B][COLOR="Blue"]Thanks to Anticanman who gave me a membership![/COLOR][/B]
[QUOTE=Anticanman;15443763]Chris Hansen is reading this thread.

If you've ever been in that traffic, you would have ground down the steering wheel with a death grip too. "Just ****ing GOOOOOO!!!!"[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Luuca;15713642]I pitty anyone who tries to reach into that netting unaware.[/QUOTE]
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Agent620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #435
Luuca
Professional Novice
 
Luuca's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 2,320
Agent, let us know if they have added "Are you willing to obey the lawful command to fire upon US citizens?" To the induction battery.

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
__________________
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 D44/44 locked 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.