NorCal chat and banter - Page 22 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > NorCal chat and banter

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #316
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

If you've ever been in that traffic, you would have ground down the steering wheel with a death grip too. "Just ****ing GOOOOOO!!!!"[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Luuca;15713642]I pitty anyone who tries to reach into that netting unaware.[/QUOTE]
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Agent620 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #317
Scarfist
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yea that was me. I was just glad to do some wheeling, seems like I have been cursed lately.
The trip home was interesting with the brakes not working at the front left wheel. Now to fix the damage.

The rock kissing the FJ door.
Unread 10-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #318
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarfist View Post
Yea that was me. I was just glad to do some wheeling, seems like I have been cursed lately.
The trip home was interesting with the brakes not working at the front left wheel. Now to fix the damage.
Glad you made it home Scott. With that wheel locking up I was a bit worried how the drive would fair.

I picked up some brake parts that will allow me to plug the line at the PV where we put that rocker bolt. I will carry it with me from now on.

If you've ever been in that traffic, you would have ground down the steering wheel with a death grip too. "Just ****ing GOOOOOO!!!!"[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Luuca;15713642]I pitty anyone who tries to reach into that netting unaware.[/QUOTE]
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Unread 10-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #319
Scarfist
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent620 View Post
Glad you made it home Scott. With that wheel locking up I was a bit worried how the drive would fair.

I picked up some brake parts that will allow me to plug the line at the PV where we put that rocker bolt. I will carry it with me from now on.
Had to take it slow and easy. The pull to the right when braking was harsh. It only locked up in one other spot on the way home.
Anyone have a spare brake hardline for the front driverside? I really don't want to buy a whole set @$100+.
Unread 10-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #320
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Had to take it slow and easy. The pull to the right when braking was harsh. It only locked up in one other spot on the way home.
Anyone have a spare brake hardline for the front driverside? I really don't want to buy a whole set @$100+.
Just buy some brake line length that will work at an autoparts store and bend it to work. No need to go buy the expensive pre bent stuff at that price.

'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Unread 10-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #321
Norcal_chris

1995 YJ Wrangler 

did the flex line bust? or the hardline?

Like agent said. My local Oriellys has brake line in preset lengths with fittings and flares already done. They also have fittings and the like. You can just replace the peice that is jacked up.
Unread 10-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #322
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal_chris View Post
Both. Just his luck.

'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Unread 10-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #323
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Google doesn't overcome laziness.
Damit !

Just a thought ,,,, Ill be camping at Hollister Hills the Weekend befor Thanks Giving with my Sons IH Scout Club if anyone wants come along the more the marryer .

NO REALY ,, IT IS HIP TO BE SQUAIR
102joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #324
Scarfist
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal_chris View Post

Like agent said. My local Oriellys has brake line in preset lengths with fittings and flares already done. They also have fittings and the like. You can just replace the peice that is jacked up.
I took it apart last night. It looks like a rock was kicked up and hit the bracket where the flex and hadline meet. It was bent at a weird angle. It snapped the flex line off its end and cracked the hardline. Oh the joy!!
Unread 10-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #325
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I took it apart last night. It looks like a rock was kicked up and hit the bracket where the flex and hadline meet. It was bent at a weird angle. It snapped the flex line off its end and cracked the hardline. Oh the joy!!
I don't think a rock could cause that damage. My guess is you over extended and the brake line was pulled until it snapped. I would check your drop on the other side and see what is the limiting factor of your flex. MY guess is the lines were trying to act like limiting straps.

'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Unread 10-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #326
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent620 View Post
I don't think a rock could cause that damage. My guess is you over extended and the brake line was pulled until it snapped. I would check your drop on the other side and see what is the limiting factor of your flex. MY guess is the lines were trying to act like limiting straps.
my brake lines are my limit straps.... havent failed me yet
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #327
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
my brake lines are my limit straps.... havent failed me yet
Really? Well you must have some damn good quality brake lines. Care to drop a link?

'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Unread 11-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #328
Jam86
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post

Sent from Peggy's office
For some reason this AG app is not allowing me to send you a PM Jake. Anyways try contacting me through here
Jam86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #329
tjwood02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone have personal experience with jk shocks in a tj? I'm curious and I'm reading on the threads about it now
tjwood02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #330
Jam86
2012 JK Wrangler 

Agent does. Im pretty sure I can dig up my old ones
Jam86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.