Nor Cal Off Road - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 03-15-2009, 11:59 PM   #121
Goobersbro

yea man im excited for this summer heck im excited for next weekend lol hopefully by next sunday or monday i have it all put together i get the rest of my parts tommorrow and can start working on it as soon as it quits raining and hopefully my dad will get the locker ordered soon

Unread 03-16-2009, 12:01 AM   #122
Checo18
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Norcal4x4forum.com everyone has there own favorite places, this would be a good place to start asking around
()_)[COLOR="red"]-[/COLOR]()_)--o-)_)

2.5L, 4" RE lift, 1" booms on the front, Revolvers on the back, 1" B.L., Aussie in the 35, 31" Trxus tires, Gen-rite rocker guards, BTF tube fenders, Pro Comp bumpers, KC lights, Hi-lift and a whole lot of love.
Checo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2009, 12:07 AM   #123
Goobersbro

I think thats a great site and dont get me wrong but its too busy and too spread out. And i know there is a section for each vehicle type and i dont mind going wheeling with some yotas and what not but its just a lot of fun to go up to a trail with a bunch of other jeep guys ya know. And it seems a lot easier for us all just to communicate here
Unread 03-16-2009, 12:12 AM   #124
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

soo lets just say i have been working my butt off so i can go wheeling with you guys this summer. Im trying really hard to get money for a lift, and some bigger tires. I am thinking a rubicon express 3.5 lift, with 31 M/T's would this be enough to do some easy trails with you. my dad and i used to 4 wheel, but hesold his bronco and 89 cherokee, and i have been dying to go ever since. Finally got a license and a jeep so i will do watever it takes to get up there.
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2009, 12:43 AM   #125
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

i have a deal for you guys that want 33" tires. i have the set that came on my jeep. the po had got them shortly before i bought the jeep. they are mounted on some rims. if you buy a set of 16" tires for my dodge truck ill give you the tires and rims. you get tires and rims for the price of just tires . id put them on my dodge except my dodge is a different size and lug pattern.
92jeep-tires-001.jpg   92jeep-tires-002.jpg   92-jeep-builod-010.jpg  
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:01 AM   #126
Sfisher
1984 CJ8 

Hey Bob that last trip 'til dark sounds like a similar trip recently. Wish I could have hit that one. The fuel pump problem had me down but last night got it worked out and I'm back in the game again. Hope to hit the trail soon.
Sfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:45 AM   #127
Sfisher
1984 CJ8 

So has there been no other wheelin' in the state of N. California except near Tahoe? C'mon there gotta be other groups going out wheeling. Let's hear from you!
Sfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2009, 11:23 AM   #128
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Nothing harcore here just playin around in the mud with a buddy with an SOA AND 35'S WITH A LOCKED REAR that i had to help out! (i still give him a hard time everytime i see him). Im just waiting for the trip we can set up later this spring!!!!!
Unread 03-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #129
Goobersbro

there is other stuff around just some of the best stuff in nor-cal is up in the Sierras and so why not ya know
Unread 03-16-2009, 03:15 PM   #130
Metal
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
so far the group thats wheeled is norcalcon,sficher,and cmarjeep, future prospects are goobersbro,metal,aztecdoc,yjjustforme,beedub, and connor 0770, and im sorry if i missed someone. we could have a great year of wheeling. this doesnt include the 3 other groups that ive wheeled with this year al ready. its going to be hard to find a weekend where there is not a trip somewhere if this keeps up, i luv it!
I'll be hitting the Rubicon as soon as the road is clear. (it's closed for snowmobiles in the winter). Last year we went for it in the first week of May but only made it to little sluice. The Rubicon in the snow is a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Quit overthinking the lockers. Either get real lockers or forget it, 99 percent of everything else is just mental masturbation for the sake of discussion.
Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #131
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I went to Frank Raines OHV park yesterday with some Jeep Forum Bay Area Guys. It was a blast. Lots of steep hill climbs with ruts from recent runoff. Very high pucker factor on lots of trails due to the steep trails and very little room or error. I talked to the Sheriff out there in his JK rubicom unlimited he said that in the last 5 years 3 Jeepers have DIED out there. Anyone without a capible rig and plenty of experience should use extream caution. It's easy to find yourself in a bad situation out there. I helped some guys recover thier rigs off one of the more difficult trails. The first guy in an coil spring YJ with 33's and open diffs blew a radiator hose going up the hill. His friend in a Tj with dana 60 front and stearling rear with 40 inch Iroks was trying to pull him in reverse back up the hill. The YP slipped into a rut and HC'd on the diff. The TJ then broke a hub. When we came over to help they were facing each other with about 2 feet between their front bumpers. I went in and took control of the situation winching the Tj back up the hill and anchoring him with my winch line. The tj then winched the YJ out of the rut. We then fixed the hose and refilled the radiator. The hardest part of the trail was further up and the Sheriff's said the YJ wouldnt make...So we lowered him back down the hill backwards using the TJ's winch. The driver didn't have much exp., was hard of hearing, and was stressed out to the max. Then the to make things worse the winch cable broke. Lucky for the guy in the YJ the cable slowly unwound and frey instead of letting go in one snap. Seriously the guy probably would have died if the cable snapped and we went slidding backward serveral houndred feet. To remind us of what could happen there was a mangled rusted jeep tub in the ravine next to the trail RIP to the driver. It was difficult to stand due to the super steep incline of the hill I dont think I would tackle anything much steeper. So we tied the winch line to the YJ past the break as the trail was to narrow to move any of the jeeps past each other. We had to lower the YJ move the TJ down then I moved down in my LJ to reanchor the TJ. We had to due this twice so the YJ had to go backwards down this hill about 300 feet. All this took about 2 and a half hours. It was a very challenging recovery Thanks to everyone that helped.
NorCalCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 09:47 PM   #132
Checo18
1993 YJ Wrangler 

There's all of stanislaus national forest to play in around me
()_)[COLOR="red"]-[/COLOR]()_)--o-)_)

2.5L, 4" RE lift, 1" booms on the front, Revolvers on the back, 1" B.L., Aussie in the 35, 31" Trxus tires, Gen-rite rocker guards, BTF tube fenders, Pro Comp bumpers, KC lights, Hi-lift and a whole lot of love.
Checo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #133
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalCon View Post
I went to Frank Raines OHV park yesterday with some Jeep Forum Bay Area Guys. It was a blast. Lots of steep hill climbs with ruts from recent runoff. Very high pucker factor on lots of trails due to the steep trails and very little room or error. I talked to the Sheriff out there in his JK rubicom unlimited he said that in the last 5 years 3 Jeepers have DIED out there. Anyone without a capible rig and plenty of experience should use extream caution. It's easy to find yourself in a bad situation out there. I helped some guys recover thier rigs off one of the more difficult trails. The first guy in an coil spring YJ with 33's and open diffs blew a radiator hose going up the hill. His friend in a Tj with dana 60 front and stearling rear with 40 inch Iroks was trying to pull him in reverse back up the hill. The YP slipped into a rut and HC'd on the diff. The TJ then broke a hub. When we came over to help they were facing each other with about 2 feet between their front bumpers. I went in and took control of the situation winching the Tj back up the hill and anchoring him with my winch line. The tj then winched the YJ out of the rut. We then fixed the hose and refilled the radiator. The hardest part of the trail was further up and the Sheriff's said the YJ wouldnt make...So we lowered him back down the hill backwards using the TJ's winch. The driver didn't have much exp., was hard of hearing, and was stressed out to the max. Then the to make things worse the winch cable broke. Lucky for the guy in the YJ the cable slowly unwound and frey instead of letting go in one snap. Seriously the guy probably would have died if the cable snapped and we went slidding backward serveral houndred feet. To remind us of what could happen there was a mangled rusted jeep tub in the ravine next to the trail RIP to the driver. It was difficult to stand due to the super steep incline of the hill I dont think I would tackle anything much steeper. So we tied the winch line to the YJ past the break as the trail was to narrow to move any of the jeeps past each other. We had to lower the YJ move the TJ down then I moved down in my LJ to reanchor the TJ. We had to due this twice so the YJ had to go backwards down this hill about 300 feet. All this took about 2 and a half hours. It was a very challenging recovery Thanks to everyone that helped.
I've never been but the last time a couple guys from my club went down they tool their little kids and said it was still pretty "tame"...did everything in the part in like 2 hours and was not really worth the drive up...maybe these are more "hardcore" dudes that compare everything to Johnson Valley or Rubicon or whatever... dunno...
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 09:47 AM   #134
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 View Post
I've never been but the last time a couple guys from my club went down they tool their little kids and said it was still pretty "tame"...did everything in the part in like 2 hours and was not really worth the drive up...maybe these are more "hardcore" dudes that compare everything to Johnson Valley or Rubicon or whatever... dunno...
Not too much hardcore stuff at Frank Rains. There are a few places where if you mess up your rolling a few hundred feet down the side of the mountain.
The harder trails are long steep hill climbs with ruts and loose footing. Fun for the day, not worth driving over 100 miles for. A few years ago a large part of the park was closed due to a fire.
frank-raine-ohv-018.jpg  
Unread 03-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #135
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checo18 View Post
There's all of stanislaus national forest to play in around me
I'm looking for a new place to go this weekend. Are there any good trails open below the snow line?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.