Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Nor Cal Off Road

405K views 10K replies 159 participants last post by  ChicoXJ 
#1 ·
New to this Jeep this thing I have an 08 Rubicon and I am looking for places for a beginer to start off at. Places or competent people to go out with would be very helpfull.

#239 ·
oh haha. yea i saw the fire on the hill 6 feet away. thats when i really started to laugh out loud. Smokey the Bear would not be happy with you

btw at exactly 35 seconds it looks sick!!!!

#242 ·
So is there going to be a run coming up anytime soon? The wifey wants to go with so this will have to be a trip that ladies will like! No overnight binge drinking!!! (dang) But seriously we should set something up soon.

#248 ·
im def up for SIGNAL PEAK i think that would be a fun run

#255 ·
x2.........................

#252 ·
yea yea yea, its says sliders and lockers and off road tires required:brickwall. pshhhh who needs those hahah, i better get some recovery points before we go, cause i have a feeling im gna be pulled around alot lol:rofl:

#254 ·
does an XJ make a long wheel based vehicle? and i dont think i can even go in 3 weeks anyways, because that is the weekend right before finals. and im on the edge in math (73%)

#258 ·
yea i think that would work better for me, i actually think the 30th,and 31st would work the best but it is up to everybody else

#260 ·
GRADUATION nice, well im up for just about anything, except the weekend before finals. and after finals ill be painting my house, and getting that new RE 3.5 sf =)

#262 ·
what elevation is slickrock? is there snow?

#264 ·
i just saw this on another site, theres a lot of snow up there, this pic is from yesterday.im out for now.

Attachments

#263 ·
If you guys do one of the later weekends in May i would love to tag along. I just looked at the slickrock on one of those sites and it looks like a really good moderate to some difficult stuff. Just what i like.

I finish finals on the 22nd of May, so maybe that weekend.

#266 ·
I'd be down for a Slickrock run then. I just picked up a Teralow 4:1 kit for my rig yesterday :2thumbsup: It should be in before the end of May, that'd be a great run to try it out on... Also have a lead on a built XJ 44 I might snag up... As long as it's got my gearing (4:88's) it's mine! :D

#267 ·
im jealous about the 4-1 kit, i have tc envy! and the 4;88 gears! i have you on the d44 tho! the 44 would be a good upgrade for you and it wouldnt be hard the upgrade the gears in it. the nice thing about the 44 vs th ford 8.8 is that the e brake doesnt require mods, and the ds will not need an adapter, you could even use the xj front axles as spares and the xj front ds will work as a cv ds for your rear. if the xj has a ac pump you could make on board air out of it

#268 ·
ok well if we wait till end of may, begging of june, i will prob have my 3.5 lift on and some decent tires so im def up for it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.