Nor Cal Off Road - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #91
Sfisher
1984 CJ8 

How come he needed to be towed if he was still able to wheel in 2wd?

Sfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2009, 10:11 AM   #92
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfisher View Post
How come he needed to be towed if he was still able to wheel in 2wd?
since he cant unlock his hubs, it would still turn and bind at times. when he pulled it off the trailer, more breaking occurred while backing into his drive way. now i think the inner and outers are toast. the problem started by the c clips popping off and then the caps, followed by the yokes. its a good idea to keep those u joints lubed. and we have been doing a lot off hard tugging lately. spares are a good idea also. i think we should all carry spare axels, ds ujoints, wheel joints, fan belt , upper and lower hoses, fluids, heater hose,on these day snow runs we should have sleeping bags, water and extra food, a flash lite to. there is always of an unexpected overnight er.it gets darn cold up there at night. i carry weldind rod and jumpers to weld with a couple batteries if needed. the guys that go out with dana 35's should a least have spare axles.
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #93
Sfisher
1984 CJ8 

Speaking of spare parts does anyone know if there are any swap meets in the area? Could use a spare hub or two and other items.

I'd like to hear his story on how he broke it. If he was locked up or just hit a big enough snow berm.

I'm still down right now trying to get the fuel issue fixed up. Bought a new filter last night so hopefully I can get that in there today and hope for the best.
Unread 03-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #94
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Speaking of spare parts does anyone know if there are any swap meets in the area? Could use a spare hub or two and other items.
A club called Rough and Ready puts on a swap meet. The date for this year is Sunday June 7th. I can not remember where its held at. I will find out tomorrow night and post it up here.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #95
CMARJEEP
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
it was a good trip, there were a lot of full size fords on this run, only norcalcon and i were the only jeeps. a total of 10 rigs. norcalcon broke a wheel joint right before uncle toms. we had lunch and he and i turned back to get my trailer,and towed him to folsum. he did amazing in 2wd. the others tried to keep going but couldnt get through. i might go again on sat ,this time to the ice house rd side. it will be more challanging. not sure yet but its in the works.
Sucks I couldn't make it out. They called me into work. Do you have any pics?
Unread 03-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #96
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I'd like to hear his story on how he broke it. If he was locked up or just hit a big enough snow berm.
I didn't think I was pushing it that hard. The ears on the pass. side axle shaft stretched making the caps come off the u joint. You can imagine the rest. I had the front locker on and 3/4's+++ throttle with the wheels turned while plowing through the snow drifts. Lesson learned

I'm upgrading to Superior Axles. I had the Rubicon towed to Extreme Gear Offroad in Orangevale. I've been thinking about regearing so I bit the bullet and gave the ok to install some 5.13's. It will be ready tomarrow, so anyone looking to wheel Sunday?
NorCalCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #97
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
spares are a good idea also. i think we should all carry spare axels, ds ujoints, wheel joints, fan belt , upper and lower hoses, fluids, .
I'll be putting together on of those plastic security bins with most of these items in it soon.
Unread 03-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #98
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalCon View Post

I've been thinking about regearing so I bit the bullet and gave the ok to install some 5.13's. It will be ready tomarrow, so anyone looking to wheel Sunday?
wow you work fast! no you can go to 37"s, and give me your 35"s
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 03-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #99
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMARJEEP View Post
Sucks I couldn't make it out. They called me into work. Do you have any pics?
i was wandering what happened, you missed eggs benidict at the corner kitchen,ill see if the pics turned out
mar7th-09-uncletom-001.jpg   mar7th-09-uncletom-003.jpg   mar7th-09-uncletom-005.jpg   mar7th-09-uncletom-006.jpg   mar7th-09-uncletom-007.jpg  

Unread 03-10-2009, 08:49 AM   #100
Sfisher
1984 CJ8 

Looks like less snow than last time to Uncle Tom's. Specifcally the dam there at the lake. You can see pavement.
Unread 03-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #101
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah it might all be gone by this weekend...Or with the cold it will be an ice sheet.
Unread 03-11-2009, 10:41 PM   #102
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

ok saturday is a go, some of my old friends from the bay area are coming up to george town. they ,as of right now want to start from george town and see if they can go all the way to ice house. plans could change, but we should leave by 9;30 to 10;30. ill firm it up later on friday. who is in?gears and axles in? fuel problems gone?
Unread 03-11-2009, 10:52 PM   #103
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I might be able to make it. One of my co workers was been out sick all week...so maybe I can get her to pick up my Saturday. If so you can count be in.
Unread 03-12-2009, 07:40 AM   #104
Sfisher
1984 CJ8 

I wish. I can not for the life of me get the fuel pump to prime. I'm buying a jerry can today to help me try and get it going. If this don't work I'm going to need to get a new fuel pump.
Unread 03-12-2009, 07:04 PM   #105
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

hey, i hear you are going to georgetown.... can you 4 wheel up there. cause i know they have a lot of dirtbike trails, (cough cough broke my wrist out there and had to ride back, SHOOT ME) anyway, could a stock 01 xj be able to run this route, or do i need a lift and some beefier tires. i really want to get into wheelin.
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.