Nor Cal Off Road - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 02-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #76
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

i still havnt upacked my jeep yet, maybe today. i did squirt some of the big chunks off. steve how did the twins hold up?

red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2009, 04:27 PM   #77
Sfisher
1984 CJ8 

The twins did great considering the 12+ hour day on the trail. Sacked out most of the way home. I think I will be getting mud out from that run for a long time. Good run anyway. Looking forward to the next ride....in a couple of weeks.

I really want to buy a soft top and get a tire carrier made. I want to get one of those carriers that will hold big tires and fold down not out. But having trouble finding anyone who makes them. TJ's and YJ's but no CJ's. Thinking about what I would have to do to build one but haven't ever gone down that route before.
Sfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2009, 08:45 PM   #78
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

i figured they would be out all the way home.

i need to get rid of my out dated bumper also. i want a swing out tire carrier and rubicon rack with a gas and water can mount. those can cost am arm and a leg, so ill try to fab on someday. it will be a time consuming prodject.
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 02-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #79
Sfisher
1984 CJ8 

So anyone else wheel last weekend?
Unread 02-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #80
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I went out to Praire City for a quick fix on Sunday. Nothing too exciting I had to work on Saturday. I've got the next two Saturdays off so work wont get in the way of wheeling. I'll have to snap more pictures next time we go out I got my camera working.

Looks like you guys had a good time! The mud pits look like a blast. I got a couple of videos of toyota's in the mud at praire city. They might be a little taboo for the Jeep Forum.
NorCalCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2009, 08:24 PM   #81
Sfisher
1984 CJ8 

I don't know I'd be interested. Heck this is the four wheelin' forum of JF so I say fire away!
Unread 02-26-2009, 12:04 AM   #82
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Lets see if this works

NorCalCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #83
Metal
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I'm heading to Iron Mt. Road on Saturday to do some snow wheeling. Anybody else going to be up there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Quit overthinking the lockers. Either get real lockers or forget it, 99 percent of everything else is just mental masturbation for the sake of discussion.
Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #84
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal View Post
I'm heading to Iron Mt. Road on Saturday to do some snow wheeling. Anybody else going to be up there?
pm sent.................
Unread 03-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #85
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
you could always do a snow run out of pollock pines on iron mountain rd.just a day trip. do you have lockers?
you know anygood wheeling places down towards placerville? im in shingle springs with a stock xj. all i know is some mudding spots behind the local denny's
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 09:54 PM   #86
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

i dont no any around here, with a stock rig i would think that some fire roads would work for you. the problem is in elderado county they dont want you off road when its wet out. that leaves paved roads with snow, but with a stock set up it might be challenging. some of the guy's here go to prarrie city, but i havnt been there.im sorry im not much help.
Unread 03-06-2009, 11:02 PM   #87
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yea iv only been dirtbiking at prairie city. Im hopin i can get a lift on it soon. Hopefully that will open up m possibilities.
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 11:28 PM   #88
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

im doing a snow run tomorrow, but without a lift and tires it would be futile, hurry up and get that thing hooked up, your missing some good wheeling
Unread 03-08-2009, 10:55 PM   #89
Sfisher
1984 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im doing a snow run tomorrow, but without a lift and tires it would be futile, hurry up and get that thing hooked up, your missing some good wheeling
How did the run go?
Unread 03-09-2009, 12:14 AM   #90
bigsquat
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfisher View Post
How did the run go?
it was a good trip, there were a lot of full size fords on this run, only norcalcon and i were the only jeeps. a total of 10 rigs. norcalcon broke a wheel joint right before uncle toms. we had lunch and he and i turned back to get my trailer,and towed him to folsum. he did amazing in 2wd. the others tried to keep going but couldnt get through. i might go again on sat ,this time to the ice house rd side. it will be more challanging. not sure yet but its in the works.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.