Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Nor Cal Off Road

405K views 10K replies 159 participants last post by  ChicoXJ 
#1 ·
New to this Jeep this thing I have an 08 Rubicon and I am looking for places for a beginer to start off at. Places or competent people to go out with would be very helpfull.

#2,335 ·
who is in for the oct 9th trip? roll call please!

#2,336 · (Edited)
we are fishing on the 9th and wheeling on the 10th, or whatever anyone wants to do. if you dont want to fish on friday or sunday, just grap a buddy and explore. ill be on cb channel 10, i will also put up a paper plate with the campsite numbers. here is the official link to the trip for future questions. hope to see you there.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/oct-9th-fish-wheel-trip-loon-lake-832762/

#2,341 ·
#2,343 ·
#2,344 ·
I would love to make the Loon Lake run and also a run like Conner was saying as well..but I have a family health issue that has any run plans on hold. Will see how things work out so I maybe able to do a run at the last minute, but cant plan any right now.

#2,345 ·
i hope things go well for your family. we would be happy to have you join us

#2,346 ·
i havnt been wheeling for a while , i buried my dad a few weeks back and now one of my friends on saturday. ill be looking forward to getting away for a while.

#2,348 ·
Bob, Ben told me about your Dad and I was saddened to hear it. I know you're a man of faith and will make it through these troubling times.

A friend of mine once told me, a couple of days before she passed, "So far none of us have made it out alive". I thought it was kinda corny at first, but then realized that's how she had come accept the end. I've thought of that many many times over the past few years when dealing with things I've seen. It's so true and obviously to me part of the "bigger plan".

Stay strong.

#2,362 ·
i wish i could but i couldnt get the time off and there are so many guys on vaca right now that there is nobody to switch with:thumbdown:

but i did manage to go fishing monday and we launched out of brannon island and caught about 30 to 35 stripers all off of topwater and swim baits out at a spot in the delta called franks tract. one of my buddies caught an 18 pound hog.:2thumbsup:

#2,351 ·
thanks guys, he was truely one of a kind. he was not only my dad but my friend and my hero. many people came to the service including 3 pastors. when he retired he spent his time serving other people through food outreach to the homless among other things. a better man i have never known. his only fault was he hated to fish

#2,352 ·
i was gna be able to go on the loon lake outing.. but i have SAT's saturday morning so there is no way i can make it. Guess ill have to plan a trip for early/late october.. (you guys up for snow wheeling?)

#2,354 ·
oh.. never heard of a tire -> feet conversion. should be interesting...:rofl:

yea ill try and get one going for late october. although i know NORCALON is doing a bronco run on one of the weekends. i believe its the 17th

#2,357 ·
I have a winch bro and the whole bigger tire thing is over rated in a lot of ways I know it does help but there is too much stock put into having bigger tires...

I still want 35s though I think its the perfect tire size but if I will upgrade my jeep to wheel with 35s or if I will buy a street bike is still up in the air

#2,363 ·
just a helpfull hint for fishing.... if you fish in another mans well, you are bound to catch crabs.

so whats the next run gna be?

#2,365 ·
Fish nakid......................but not in waist deep water.....you might get the wrong worm nibbled on :eek:

#2,366 ·
Du nuh du nu du nuh du nuh du nuh du nuh

#2,371 ·
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wouldn't sell the cherokee, that thing is clean.

TJs have their downfalls too, like i can barely fit my snowskis in the back. And when they are in there they poke out the soft windows.

And not to kill your hopes and dreams but you have to spend the same amount of money to lift a Tj as a Cherokee. It's not any easier, just doesnt require cutting your body panels.

#2,367 ·
so is it at all possible to sell my cherokee for a tj? a lifted TJ possibly? or even a CJ?

#2,369 ·
just a thought... i got a lil jealous out there at Prairie City with all those TJ's on 35's

#2,373 ·
Yea, I'm originally from Georgia, so I haven't really seen too much snow. When I went up to Strawberry pass a while back there was still some snow up near the top. All I can say is that it was a blast. Can't wait for some snow wheeling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.