Nor Cal Off Road - Page 52 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 05-17-2009, 12:30 PM   #766
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccafire View Post
I have air tools and torque wrenches. We possibly could have the wrench party at my place.
what city do you live in??? and are you a part of CDF fire??

97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #767
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

No not CDF. I used to be a Firefighter in the San Diego area. SCCA stands for Sports Car Club of America. I do emergency Services for auto racing.

I live near the corner of El Camino and Eastern Ave in Sacramento. About 3 blocks from El Camino Fundamental High School.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2009, 12:41 PM   #768
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No not CDF. I used to be a Firefighter in the San Diego area. SCCA stands for Sports Car Club of America. I do emergency Services for auto racing.

I live near the corner of El Camino and Eastern Ave in Sacramento. About 3 blocks from El Camino Fundamental High School.
oh, thats cool. down in sac. your not that far from me. i live up between eldorado hills and P-Ville.(placerville) do you have a big garage or work space for all of us to work on our jeeps
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
Unread 05-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #769
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

We can do your lift in the garage but that about it for garage space. I do have a fairly large drive way and could fit 3 jeeps in that.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Unread 05-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #770
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We can do your lift in the garage but that about it for garage space. I do have a fairly large drive way and could fit 3 jeeps in that.
ok since im sure we wont be working on more then 3-4 jeeps at once
Unread 05-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #771
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

only thing I do not have is a good jack or jack stands. Somebody will need to bring those.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Unread 05-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #772
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
only thing I do not have is a good jack or jack stands. Somebody will need to bring those.
i have 2 jack stands and a jack. not the tallest jack stands, but we could always put them on blocks
Unread 05-17-2009, 12:48 PM   #773
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have good blocks for that.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Unread 05-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #774
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

alright sweet. so are we gna do this meet before the trail ride or no... cause iv been calculating everything and it is very possible i get a lift before the trail ride. and some new tires hopefully
Unread 05-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #775
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

we can. it all depends when you get your lift.

Have you looked at the HAM study guide I gave you.

I passed my Technician test yesterday. I got a 100%

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Unread 05-17-2009, 01:06 PM   #776
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
we can. it all depends when you get your lift.

Have you looked at the HAM study guide I gave you.

I passed my Technician test yesterday. I got a 100%
how hard was the test. and yea that guide is AMAZING... iv been reading it everynight. btw do you know when the next test is??
Unread 05-17-2009, 01:19 PM   #777
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
how hard was the test. and yea that guide is AMAZING... iv been reading it everynight. btw do you know when the next test is??
You can find exams on this website. http://www.arrl.org/

The next one is on June 6th, I believe. Check the website

The tests are randomn. The first section in the study guide is T1A. that section has 10 questions. Atleast 1 of those questions from that section will be on the test. That continues through the whole study guide. The study guide will tell you how many questions come from each section. Best way to study using that guide is to read the correct answer first then the question then the correct answer again. Do not read any of the incorrect answers. That way you will only identify with just the correct answer.

I am getting a mobile radio for the Jeep.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Unread 05-17-2009, 01:21 PM   #778
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You can find exams on this website. http://www.arrl.org/

The next one is on June 6th, I believe. Check the website

The tests are randomn. The first section in the study guide is T1A. that section has 10 questions. Atleast 1 of those questions from that section will on the test. That continues through the whole study guide. The study guide will tell you how many questions come from each section. Best way to study using that guide is to read the correct answer first then the question then the correct answer again. Do not read any of the incorrect answers. that way you will only identify with just the correct answer.

I am getting a mobile radio for the Jeep.
wow thanks a bunch. so the test wasnt that hard i take it, if i study my ars off?? yea i think im just gna get a handheld, since my jeep doesnt have room to fit a mobile console
Unread 05-17-2009, 01:31 PM   #779
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
wow thanks a bunch. so the test wasnt that hard i take it, if i study my ars off?? yea i think im just gna get a handheld, since my jeep doesnt have room to fit a mobile console
I feel I got lucky on the test. With my test I felt did not have any of the harder questions.

http://kb0mga.net/exams/

I used that site for test preparation.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Unread 05-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #780
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You could get a mobile like mine where the face detaches and the "brain" of it is mounted somplace else. Hand helds transmit at 5watts. Mobiles can transmit up to 50watts. Thats why I am going with a mobile.

"life is good at 2 MPH"

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.