Nor Cal Off Road - Page 511 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > Northern California > Nor Cal Off Road

The Cure for your Tie Rod Roll!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOffset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:18 PM   #7651
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

So is Monterey area considered Nor Cal??? I may be moving into that area in the near future and am looking for some 4x madness. Anybody in the area give me a shout and tell me about wheeling in the area please.

kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #7652
bdock
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor0770 View Post
what 33's are you gonna get?? ill be home so if you need to use my garage you can. Ill be home friday afternoon.
BFG AT's. i dont want mud terrains anymore. and i want 33x10.5 not 12.5's

did you get 33's yet?

MMM Beer.
bdock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 02:15 AM   #7653
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdock View Post

did you get 33's yet?
nope.. im waiting until this kid buys my 31's. then ill be getting some Pro-Comp Xtreme Mud Terrains. I LOVE MY TIRES!
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 07:23 AM   #7654
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
so i think im gonna step up to 33's here in a couple weeks. my question is any of you out there wanna let me drop by on a weekend/week day and let me test fit them
you can try mine ,but there 12.50 on a 10" rim and the back spacing makes them stick out a little. i dont know that you would get the info you need by putting on apples when you need oranges
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'
bigsquat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 11:12 AM   #7655
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

did you get 33's yet?
I also have a buddy with a cherokee on 33x10.5... I can ask him if you want?
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 02:29 PM   #7656
bdock
2000 TJ Wrangler 

That'd be awesome dude
bdock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 03:25 PM   #7657
obxresq
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruma View Post
So is Monterey area considered Nor Cal??? I may be moving into that area in the near future and am looking for some 4x madness. Anybody in the area give me a shout and tell me about wheeling in the area please.
Yes and Welcome!! The bay area is very limited in wheeling. Mainly just Hollister ORV park. However just 3 hours to the east is the Rubicon, Deer valley, Strawberry, Slick rock,and a list of other trails, we frequently challenge.

“I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman" Chief Edward F. Croker FDNY (1899-1911)

Firefighting..The only profession where you can break into someones home, flood it, rip out the walls, bust out windows, cut holes in the roof, and they THANK YOU for your service[/COLOR]
obxresq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #7658
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxresq View Post
Yes and Welcome!! The bay area is very limited in wheeling. Mainly just Hollister ORV park. However just 3 hours to the east is the Rubicon, Deer valley, Strawberry, Slick rock,and a list of other trails, we frequently challenge.
theres pismo? and i have a story just for u steve.

>> A firefighter was working on the engine outside the station, when he
>> noticed a little girl nearby in a little red wagon with little ladders
>> hung off the sides, and a garden hose tightly coiled in the middle.
>
>
> The girl was wearing a firefighters helmet. The wagon was being pulled by
> her dog and her cat. The firefighter walked over to take a closer look.
>
>
> 'That sure is a nice fire truck,' the firefighter said with admiration...
> 'Thanks,' the girl replied. The firefighter looked a little closer. The
> girl had tied the wagon to her dog's collar and to the cat's testicles..
>
>
> 'Little partner,' the firefighter said, 'I don't want to tell you how to
> run your rig, but if you were to tie that rope around the cat's collar, I
> think you could go faster.'
>
> The little girl replied thoughtfully, 'You're probably right, but then I
> wouldn't have a siren.'
>
red 92 yj,4.0,dana 44 rear,xj driveshaft,rubi 4-1 tc,35"tires,smitty built winch,oba, 6" flares,hand throttle,aussie's front and back,posi-lock,6" lift.anti-wrap, hombrew bumpers, rack and sliders,cb,rear shock truss <>< ,MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hp?t=613943see
Unread 12-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #7659
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

hahaha that was good Bob,

If anyone is in the contra costa area next sunday the 12th some of us will be getting some brews and food at BJ's restaurant in Concord around 6pm
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #7660
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilo98 View Post
hahaha that was good Bob,

If anyone is in the contra costa area next sunday the 12th some of us will be getting some brews and food at BJ's restaurant in Concord around 6pm
i will be down in concord this weekend but not that late on sunday. ill be at my moms playing cards and stuffing my face for 3 days
Unread 12-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #7661
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

hey bob give me a call on sunday maybe an early beer before dinner is not a bad idea. I was going to say bowling but will be at a wedding on sat and dont know how long it will go for.
Unread 12-06-2010, 09:30 PM   #7662
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So I will be heading out to Soulsbyville with another jeep in two weeks up on hwy 108. I wanted to ask any of you if you know of a good place to go wheeling in the snow or just a trail near by. It can be an easy unplowed road or whatever, we will have the gf's with us so just want a fun trip.
Unread 12-06-2010, 11:33 PM   #7663
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilo98 View Post
So I will be heading out to Soulsbyville with another jeep in two weeks up on hwy 108. I wanted to ask any of you if you know of a good place to go wheeling in the snow or just a trail near by. It can be an easy unplowed road or whatever, we will have the gf's with us so just want a fun trip.
ill have to dig up your cell # . we will just play it by ear for sunday. as far as 108 my book shows 2 trails , dodge ridge=easy in the summer. eagle peaK= moderate. i dont know about this time of year but i know elderado trails are closed if there on dirt right now. the posse guys went of 80 i think and it wads so powdery thaey had to turn back
111111pd.jpg   22222q.jpg  
Unread 12-07-2010, 12:17 AM   #7664
obxresq
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
theres pismo? and i have a story just for u steve.

>> A firefighter was working on the engine outside the station, when he
>> noticed a little girl nearby in a little red wagon with little ladders
>> hung off the sides, and a garden hose tightly coiled in the middle.
>
>
> The girl was wearing a firefighters helmet. The wagon was being pulled by
> her dog and her cat. The firefighter walked over to take a closer look.
>
>
> 'That sure is a nice fire truck,' the firefighter said with admiration...
> 'Thanks,' the girl replied. The firefighter looked a little closer. The
> girl had tied the wagon to her dog's collar and to the cat's testicles..
>
>
> 'Little partner,' the firefighter said, 'I don't want to tell you how to
> run your rig, but if you were to tie that rope around the cat's collar, I
> think you could go faster.'
>
> The little girl replied thoughtfully, 'You're probably right, but then I
> wouldn't have a siren.'
>
That is a good little story. First time I heard it was from a keynote speaker at an International Association of Fire Chiefs Symposium in 1986.

“I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman" Chief Edward F. Croker FDNY (1899-1911)

Firefighting..The only profession where you can break into someones home, flood it, rip out the walls, bust out windows, cut holes in the roof, and they THANK YOU for your service[/COLOR]
obxresq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2010, 01:09 AM   #7665
bigsquat
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxresq View Post
That is a good little story. First time I heard it was from a keynote speaker at an International Association of Fire Chiefs Symposium in 1986.
was that when you were conners age?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.